PDA

View Full Version : Aspen - rotate hardware

kamo
Mar 21, 2008, 07:23 AM
Hello,

I can't figure out how to enable hardware rotation for my app in Aspen. I looked though all the examples, none of those you can rotate either (in Aspen -> Hardware / Rotate Left or Right.)

Does anyone know how to enable this?

Thanks,
kamo

MacsAttack
Mar 21, 2008, 07:39 AM
It may be one of the features that is not implemented in the Beta yet ***cough***Interface Builder***cough***.

fishkorp
Mar 21, 2008, 08:07 AM
The app has to specifically allow for rotation. For example, the simulator will rotate in Safari, but not in most of the sample apps. There's code for that. I don't think we're allowed to post actual examples, are we? Doesn't that violate the terms you agreed to when downloading the SDK?

kamo
Mar 21, 2008, 08:12 PM
Could you pm the code to me?

cazlar
Mar 21, 2008, 09:45 PM
I've played with this. You need to implement shouldRotateBlahBlahBlah: (sorry, no docs on this computer to get the proper name) in your view controller. All you need to do is add the method and return YES. One thing I found (and it took me a while to work this out) is that if you have a toolbar, you need to implement this in all view controllers run by that toolbar. Until I did that, nothing would rotate at all.

BTW, there's a WhichWayIsUp sample which shows a simple rotating view.

kamo
Mar 22, 2008, 10:00 AM
thanks cazlar