PDA

View Full Version : There's a black border around my clock app..

FelixMC
Mar 22, 2008, 03:23 PM
It's spring break, and I'm pretty bored, so I thought of practicing my programming by building yet another app.
Since I ran into problems, and wasn't able to finish my alarm clock app and I didn't want the code to go to waste, I imported some of it to a new xcode project. The new app is an analogue clock. I drew the clock in Photoshop, and saved various parts of it as independent documents. Using Quartz Composer, I overplayed them in a new composition. In the same composition I made a seconds arm, which rotates 6 every second, a minutes arms which rotates 6 every minute, and an hour hand which rotates 30 every hour.
Everything works as planned, except that when I test the interface in IB, or when I open the "debugging" version of the app from Xcode, there is a weird, thick border going around my clock, taking away from it eye candy-ness.
At first I though maybe there are some shadows overlaying, from the clock image and the window shadow, but even after i removed the shadow from the clock image, the border is still there.
I'm running out of ideas on what's causing this, so I though I'll ask you guys for help:o..
Below is a link to the photoshop clock files, the quartz composer file, and the xcode project.. Thanks in advance for any help :)
http://www.tgraphicz.890m.com/Clock.zip
EDIT: Umm, forgot to mention, but I'm somewhat of a newbie at Obj-C, so don't go too technical:o..