PDA

View Full Version : 10.1.5 and iBooks...

arn
May 4, 2002, 07:24 PM
RailHeadDesign (http://www.railheaddesign.com/) reports that Mac OS X 10.1.5 is progressing and we should expect to see it in the next two weeks.

Meanwhile, PowerPage (http://www.powerpage.org) has a small blurb posted on Friday that simply states: "Expect new iBooks next week, details this weekend"

Jon writes in and claims that at CompUSA, iBooks have been marked as "D01" - which reportedly means "discontinued". Anyone with confirmation?

jelloshotsrule
May 4, 2002, 07:29 PM
the question is:

what will 10.1.5 bring to us?

and also:

will the ibooks go g4 and/or what specs will they have?

just have to wait and see.... as always

arn
May 4, 2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
the question is:

what will 10.1.5 bring to us?

10.1.5 should bring us this: http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2002/04/20020421173727.shtml

will the ibooks go g4 and/or what specs will they have?

Based on available rumors (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2002/04/20020429235519.shtml) - I'd say 100mhz bumped G3 iBooks.

arn

jelloshotsrule
May 4, 2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by arn
10.1.5 should bring us this: http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2002/04/20020421173727.shtml

Based on available rumors (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2002/04/20020429235519.shtml) - I'd say 100mhz bumped G3 iBooks.

arn

yeah, but as with everything we can only be so "sure" based on rumors.

and with the os x upgrades, i'm always just waiting to see what it does for my computer. it's not always exactly as advertised in my experience.

i certainly don't think a g4 ibook would come without some event... but the emac did. not as high profile i don't think but still.

maybe they'll let us know something a bit more when wwdc hits.

pimentoLoaf
May 4, 2002, 08:01 PM
I'd like to see a way of taking my ol' 500 Mhz iceBook's motherboard out and swapping in a new one for, say, $750. That kind of an upgrade would be rather nice.

Apple innovating along these lines would really have users happy.

menoinjun
May 4, 2002, 08:09 PM
I'll check at work tomorrow about the D01 iBooks.

-Pete

sparkleytone
May 4, 2002, 08:24 PM
well D01 definitely means discontinued, but I cannot confirm that this is teir status being that I do not work there anymore (school). i find this somewhat hard to believe, as Apple has caused ALOT of confusion with rerevving the iBooks like they did. Now there are 2 600MHz models that are discontinuted, and 3 that aren't, all with very similar specs. I think it would be very easy to jump the gun in a random search of the IMS.

robotrenegade
May 4, 2002, 08:30 PM
Even though the new upgrade is nice. I'm going to wait till 10.2 comes, then I will buy the new 800mhz power book. I rather have 10.2 installed then have to upgrade. Just makes me feel better.

G4scott
May 4, 2002, 11:09 PM
I don't think the iBooks will go G4 just yet. Apple would have to bump up their speeds to make it a plausible update, but then they would be just as fast as the PowerBooks, and be more expensive than they are now. I think that the 100mhz speed bump prediction is right. I might expect built-in bluetooth, maybe a faster combo-drive, bigger HD's, and that type of stuff. I like my iBook right now (12.1" 600mhz Combo), and the only thing that I would want upgraded is the processor to a G4, but I don't see that happening yet...

Kid Red
May 4, 2002, 11:50 PM
Given that the old (new) eMac/iMac has finally gone G4 and is for students, I think the iBook goes G4. The iBook is the last G3, it's a dead chip. My vote anyways.

lucs
May 5, 2002, 12:28 AM
Oh man!! those are gonna be awesome! Apple will probably discontinue the 12in ibook and stick to the 14in model, which kicks ass. Also, they should definetely update the processor to a g4, because they are starting to lag behind big time, even for a consumer laptop.

Just my 2 cents, but I know I'm right

jelloshotsrule
May 5, 2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by lucs

wow. such confidence.

how do you "know"?

Rafael Perini
May 5, 2002, 03:46 AM
Oh man!! those are gonna be awesome! Apple will probably discontinue the 12in ibook and stick to the 14in model, which kicks ass. Also, they should definetely update the processor to a g4, because they are starting to lag behind big time, even for a consumer laptop.

Discontinue the 12in iBook???? I really don't think so... I just came back from Japan and I saw lots of Sony and other brand computers with models just like the 12in iBook... not only the size, but also the color (the sony one with horrible speakers in the lateral is white).

The 14in has low resolution screen. I think that they should increase the resolution. If you need a big sceen... save more bucks (the 2 cents!!!!) and get a powerBook!!!

:)

Ps. I bet another 2 cents on G4 iBooks.. maybe for MWNY, but they will come!

McFreggle
May 5, 2002, 06:57 AM
Oh man!! those are gonna be awesome! Apple will probably discontinue the 12in ibook and stick to the 14in model, which kicks ass. (...)

I really hope you aren't! Djeez I luv the 12 inch, because it's so small.

It's like with certain body parts: it's not the size that matters!
The screen shouldn't be BIG; what's important is that it has a high resolution, and if a 14 inch sports the same resolution as a 12 inch, then it sux for me.

MY 2 cents...

k.

djniche
May 5, 2002, 09:32 AM
All 12" should be discountinued and I had mention that Compusa has discount on these. Most likely all of these will be gone - some are going for less than $800.

The Ibook will have a 14" on all the models. Size makes a difference with the higher resolution.
It would make sense to have the following

14.1-inch TFT XGA display
Higher resoultion
633MHz PowerPC G4
System bus @ 100MHz
256K L2 cache @ 600MHz
256MB SDRAM memory
30GB Ultra ATA dr
AirPort ready

14.1-inch TFT XGA display
Higher Resoultion
700MHz PowerPC G4
System bus @ 100MHz
256K L2 cache @ 600MHz
512MB SDRAM memory
40GB Ultra ATA drive
Bluetooth
AirPort ready

If this is true look for a update to the G4 Towers to anywhere from 1.2g to 1.6g and the PB not long for now 6months to a year reaching 933mhz to 1G

what do you think?

G4scott
May 5, 2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by djniche
All 12" should be discountinued and I had mention that Compusa has discount on these. Most likely all of these will be gone - some are going for less than $800.

The Ibook will have a 14" on all the models. Size makes a difference with the higher resolution.
It would make sense to have the following

Kill the 12" iBooks? Are you kidding! The reason that I got an iBook, was because it was small, just over an inch thick, weighs less than 5 pounds, and is hardly bigger than a 8.5" x 11" piece of paper. It fits nicely in a backpack, and is easy enough to carry around.

If you ask me, the 14" iBook was a mistake. If they were going to make a laptop with a 14" screen, Apple needed to re-design it. The 14" iBook just has to much space on it, and it looks akward because it has the same design for a large notebook that was used for a micro notebook. The current iBook design wasn't made for a 14" screen, but rather a 12" screen. That, and it weighs 6 pounds. Remember the PowerBook G3's? They were built for a 14" screen, but they were ugly as heck with the optional 12" screen.

I think that if Apple is going to change the iBook, they need to keep the current iBook. They need to make it a little thiner, put in a better processor, but keep the 12" micro notebook look. That's what makes the iBook cool, and it's better for education. My iBook barely takes up any space on my desk, while a 14" iBook would hog it all.

I have no objections about Apple releasing a 14" notebook with a G4, but they need to re-design it, and don't call it an iBook. The iBook wasn't made for 14" screens. They can call it the eBook, or whatever, but I think that the iBook should remain slim, compact, and lightweight...

BobVB
May 5, 2002, 11:11 AM
I have to agree on the 12" - I wouldn't want a 14" and discontinuing the 12 would just mean I won't be upgrading soon. I want a laptop that's truly portable - 14" is too big for my needs and my eyes aren't that weak yet that I gotta have it.:)

Here's hoping they don't take leave of their senses and still offer the 12" but give it a nice speed and feature boost - I'd upgrade in a second.

badika
May 5, 2002, 11:14 AM
While trying to send a video email on an iMac at the Tokyo Macworld, I was approached by an amazingly bi-lingual black-shirted American Apple marketing rep. He asked about my impression of the show, and told him it was just so-so. He asked what I wanted to see and I said a G4 12inch iBook, as the rumors were stirred about new iBooks just before that expo. He responded with "What would you say if Apple discontinued the 12inch and made the whole line 14inch?" Well, I never felt so important in the Mac world before, so I let him hear all of my reasons for making such a machine. I was keeping silent about my talk with that rep until now as I was just hoping my burst of steam at a clipboard bearing marketing rep was enough to control Apple's production plans. I hope these new rumors are wrong.

And let's hope I was important after all.

Newborn77
May 5, 2002, 11:17 AM
I totally agree with you (G4scott) except in that the 14" iBook was a mistake. It's there for people who just want an iBook but want a bigger screen and don't care about the footprint. I personally got the 12" 600MHz because of the size too. Apple should keep it that size. That's its main attractive (at least it was for me).

djniche
May 5, 2002, 12:32 PM
"He responded with "What would you say if Apple discontinued the 12inch and made the whole line 14inch?"

This gives you an idea of what Apple is thinking. Surveying users on what's coming up.
I have to agree with you that the current 14.1" ibook design looks a little akward. A redesign of 14" ibook line would be great
Look for 14" inches as standards maybe with a design close to the PB.

Can't wait till next week and see what happens.

lucs
May 5, 2002, 12:37 PM
The only reason why i think they should kill the 12in ibook is because i know how irritating it is when you have to browse through web pages and the screen is too tiny to show everything....of course, if they pump up the resolution, it would be awesome, and it would rock. But imagine a 14in with more resolution....duuuuude....the 14in is not that bigger than its little brother, and it is the perfect solution for those who want a bigger screen but cant afford a powerbook (even if they save their 2 cents). Anyway, thats what i think.

I could just feel it in my guts that i was right, but then i had some alka seltzer and the feeling was gone, so next time i'll make sure its really the "its gonna happen" feeling

lucs
May 5, 2002, 12:42 PM
actually, i just thought of the greatest thing for mankind: the 13in Uranium ibook.

Sure it kills you after a few months, but the screen size does not cause controversy, and battery life is about 11 years!!

King Cobra
May 5, 2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by G4scott
Apple would have to bump up their speeds to make it a plausible update, but then they would be just as fast as the PowerBooks, and be more expensive than they are now.

For 2 out of 3 lines of products that have been updated to a G4, the processor speed has stayed the same or has gone slower.

PowerMac: G3 450MHz to G4 400MHz (yes, the mobo, I know)
Powerbook: G3 400 and 500MHz to G4 400 and 500MHz
iMac: G3 700MHz to G4 800MHz

If the iBook did get a G4, I would most likely say that the processor speed will not change. A 600MHz maximum with a 100MHz bus speed on an iBook would still progress quite slower than a 667MHz Powerbook (low end) with a 133MHz bus.

It also does seem likely that the iBooks may have a faster G3, but then what about new PowerMacs only a few months later? I am afraid that IF Apple comes out with a G5, there will be lines of products with G3s, G4s, and G5s. I would rather have G4s and G5s, rather than three separate types of chips. That is the main reason for why I support G4s for the iBooks, so that there would be less complication if a G5 product was introduced.

Any time is a great time for iPod.

GeorgeC97
May 5, 2002, 03:41 PM
hey everyone -

Seems like there is a lot of talk about "THIS WEEK" -- meaning WWDC... or definitely BEFORE MWNY -

do you really think this is true? or is this just complete total speculation.... I'm positive that by MWNY we'll have something new.... it's just a matter if it's coming in the next week or in 2.5 months !

everyone was on target for the Powerbook (apple even got it 1 day earlier! ) --- but this ibook.... I really really want to buy one (the 12inch, i think the 14 inch isn't too ... proportional or whatever)... and the 12 inch model hasn't had a revision since October ! we're approaching 7 months... could apple wait any longer?
the ibook is great, but it really seems like the PC laptops have soo much more to offer -- even besides their processor speed. I want a new ibook, but not something that is already outdated.

thoughts?

dongmin
May 5, 2002, 07:27 PM
It's possible that they'll move the iBook to G4 600mhz and G4 500mhz. But I don't think they'll move it to a 700mhz G4--too close to the Powerbook. A 700 mhz G3 is the most likely, I would bet.

As for the screen size, it would be tremendously disappointing to me--a current iBook user--if they go to 14" across the line. The small form factor is one of its great selling points. And 1024 by 768 is a decent resolution.

IF they move to 14", they need to do a substantial redesign to make the iBook more compact. The current design has about 0.7 inch of margin on each side. The PowerBook has about 0.35 inch of margin. So maybe, they could move to a 13" screen while keeping close to the existing form factor. Bump the resolution to, say, 1152 x 768, and we have a happy compromise.

G4scott
May 5, 2002, 09:13 PM
Ok, let me recall some of what I had said before...

I understand that some people prefer a 14" screen over a 12" for various reasons, but the iBook was made for a 12" screen. Apple needed to make a new enclosure for a 14" laptop that would look nice with the larger screen.

About the processors: I do agree that it is hard to tell what Apple is going to do. The only problem that I see with the G4 now, is heat, unless Apple can get the same type of processor in the PowerMacs, or the iMacs, and make them slower (like 600 mhz), so they are effecient enough in the iBook. The big problem here, though, is that there's only a 67mhz gap between the high end iBook and low end PowerBook. In order not to canabalize PowerBook sales, Apple would probably go with a slightly faster G3, but then, it would probably be up to par with the PowerBook G4's mhz speed. This would cause a problem, because people would just see Mhz, and not the processor types. Besides, at over $3000 bucks a pop, why get a 800mhz PowerBook, when I could get a $1700, 700 mhz iBook? It's hard to tell what Apple is going to do, because they can't just discontinue the slower PowerBook, and introduce a 700mhz model. But then, they can't give the iBook a speed bump more than 100 mhz, and even then, it would have a higher mhz speed than the low end powerbook. it would also be about $500 cheaper. Which either means, small G3 speed-bump, or G4's at 500 and 600 mhz. If it's going to be a big update, which I think it may be time for, I think that the G4's may happen.

It's just so hard to tell right now, unless Apple is going to keep the current 12" iBooks with G3's, and give them a speed bump and introduce new 14" laptops with 500-600 mhz G4's, but then this puts in a middle category, which I really don't think Apple wants (remember the Cube? such a cool computer...)

So, what am I going to say? I have no clue. With screen size factors, and a demand for both sizes, a demand to keep the iBook small, and the demand for G4's, while the iBook is close behind the PowerBook, I really can't say...

But you can...

BobVB
May 5, 2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by GeorgeC97
Seems like there is a lot of talk about "THIS WEEK" -- meaning WWDC... or definitely BEFORE MWNY -

do you really think this is true?

Well, they push iBooks to the education crowd, and school districts order the first weeks in June at the latest. That's why the iBook was released in May last year - to catch the education market.

So, if there is going to be an iBook upgrade, it will be soon.

billiam0878
May 5, 2002, 09:28 PM
I think we might see an eBook, where the 12.1-inch iBook drops for education (perhaps with a discounted price of say $1099) and the iBook keeps the 14.1-inch screen. While I do not see a G4 in either laptop as that would cut into PowerBook sales, the new iBook could easily pick up a better screen (higher-resolution) and a couple hundred megahertz.

Otherwise, a teaser of 10.2 and 10.1.5 to hold us off.

Bill

GeorgeC97
May 5, 2002, 11:52 PM
Ok, suppose apple keeps the ibook at G3 ... maybe 700 + or so....

would the advent of newer versions of OS X work better on a G3.... meaning are they still working OS X out that with subsequent versions, a G3 may have satisfactory performance? (ok ok, be more....efficient? )

also, cmon - after 7 months, how much better could a G3 700 be over a 600! IF apple is sticking with G3, I want at least 800, hopefully 1 GHz.

thoughts?

mstur
May 6, 2002, 01:54 AM
I understand that Apple does not see a place for then 12" iBook any more. It is to heavy for a subnotebook, but has a too small screen for a notebook.

I dream that Apple would finally create a new Duo: A subnotebook, less than 1,3 kg, a 10 to 12" screen with a adjustable resolution with the same quality in all settings, and built-in Firewire, Airport and Bluetooth as well as a fast 2,5" IDE drive (or a 1,8" drive like in the iPod ??).

CD-ROM, CD-RW/DVD, all could be used over firewire. This cvould be a killer machine for all people on the road

mcrain
May 6, 2002, 09:46 AM
What would make sense in the short term, and with MWNY coming up would be a minor speed bump to the low end (i.e. make the slowest offered ibook faster), and also introduce a mid-speed G4 to the line.

Then, with MWNY coming up, they could introduce any planned redesign.

That gives them something to add to make MWNY huge, and, it gives them another news item right now.

"Apple unveils new iBook" --->sounds good.

"Apple also unveils new eBook" ---> also sounds good

"Apple overhauls entire portable lineup at its annual MWNY" --> sounds great

"Apple introduces new ______ at MWNY" -->??

"Apple's new, faster version of its operating system, OSX." ---> also sounds great

StealthRider
May 6, 2002, 10:36 AM
We need a better GFX card on the iBook, too.....an 8 MB Rage just doesn't cut it in comparison to a potential 64 or 128 MB GF 4 Go.

ftaok
May 6, 2002, 10:52 AM
About the processors: I do agree that it is hard to tell what Apple is going to do. The only problem that I see with the G4 now, is heat, unless Apple can get the same type of processor in the PowerMacs, or the iMacs, and make them slower (like 600 mhz), so they are effecient enough in the iBook. Why is it that Apple is having a hard time dealing with heat issues with the G4? Especially when other PC manufacturers are putting out P4 laptops that generate MUCH MUCH more heat than the G4. My opinion is that there is NO heat issue with the G4 being put into an iBook.

The big problem here, though, is that there's only a 67mhz gap between the high end iBook and low end PowerBook. In order not to canabalize PowerBook sales, Apple would probably go with a slightly faster G3, but then, it would probably be up to par with the PowerBook G4's mhz speed. This would cause a problem, because people would just see Mhz, and not the processor types. Besides, at over $3000 bucks a pop, why get a 800mhz PowerBook, when I could get a $1700, 700 mhz iBook? It's hard to tell what Apple is going to do, because they can't just discontinue the slower PowerBook, and introduce a 700mhz model. But then, they can't give the iBook a speed bump more than 100 mhz, and even then, it would have a higher mhz speed than the low end powerbook. it would also be about $500 cheaper. Which either means, small G3 speed-bump, or G4's at 500 and 600 mhz. If it's going to be a big update, which I think it may be time for, I think that the G4's may happen. The G3 is dead. Get over it. Motorola has been putting out tons of G4s for Apple recently. The price must have dropped to a point where Apple can drop them into ALL of their products. I don't buy the notion that the G4s are significantly more expensive than the G3s. Besides, it doens't make sense to continue with the G3 in the iBook when OS X is optimized for the G4.

I understand that Apple does not see a place for then 12" iBook any more. It is to heavy for a subnotebook, but has a too small screen for a notebook. And where did this "understanding" come from? I've never heard BOO from Apple that the 12" iBook is no longer viable.

I dream that Apple would finally create a new Duo: A subnotebook, less than 1,3 kg, a 10 to 12" screen with a adjustable resolution with the same quality in all settings, and built-in Firewire, Airport and Bluetooth as well as a fast 2,5" IDE drive (or a 1,8" drive like in the iPod ??). A new Duo would be quite nice, but would it sell? And as for the LCD screen with multiple resolutions (all at high quality), well, that's not possible. You can only get the best quality at the optimal resolution. That's the one that is set when the screen is built. I guess that if you change the resolution down to a whole number factor, then the quality would be sufficient, but then you'd be going from 1280x960 down to 640x480. Everything in between would still look crappy.

Moxiemike
May 6, 2002, 04:34 PM
I am in no way qualified to make a guess here, but I am gonna, just for fun.

eBook I think is a VERY plausible system. I think it will be a 600 Mhz setup similar to the old iBook, with the 12.1 screen and a thin anti-glare piece of film or plexiglas to protect the screen (the eMac DOES have speaker grilles....) 256 mb of ram, CD-RW, etc etc etc.

Then There will be two iBook offerings:

600 Mhz G4, 256 mb of ram, 20gb drive, Combo, 12.1, 32 mb graphics to be inline with X.2. That machine will be $1499, same as current.

700 Mhz G4 256 mb of ram, 30 gb drive, 14.1 screen, same graphics as above.

Now, couldn't apple offer a BTO where you could config the 600 with the 14" or vice versa? Maybe Make it a 200$ or so price diff? iBook 600, 12.1 = $1499, iBook 14.1 = $1699. iBook 700 14.1 $1799, iBook 700 12.1 $1599???

I think those would fly off the shelfs. But what do i know??? ;)

Then I think we'll have the PowerMac line revised, small speed bump:

entry= 933, same config as 800, maybe a 60 gb drive
mid level= 1ghz, same config as the old 933, but with 512 ram and 80 gb hard drive
high end= dual 1.2 ghz, 120 gb hard drives, 1 gb of ram.

And maybe a BTO option for the 1ghz dual???

That would seem to make sense to me... Any takers??? It's modest but more than enough to make people wanna buy.

blakespot
May 15, 2002, 03:23 PM

The 12" iBook is _far_ more appealing, I would imagine, than the 14". You get nothing, really, with that extra space. Larger screen, with the _same_ resolution, larger case, longer battery life (slight). The diminutive size of the iBook 12" has me wanting one more than a TiBook. I would never take a 14" iBook over a TiBook.

I am considering grabbing a 12" iBook this summer. (And I'm sure it will have gone nowhere.)

blakespot

Wry Cooter
May 15, 2002, 11:09 PM
How about the next ibook having something better than ATI RAGE Mobility 128 inside, that could take better advantage of Quartz Extreme? I think that is in the realm of possibility.

damies
May 16, 2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by ftaok

A new Duo would be quite nice, but would it sell? And as for the LCD screen with multiple resolutions (all at high quality), well, that's not possible. You can only get the best quality at the optimal resolution. That's the one that is set when the screen is built. I guess that if you change the resolution down to a whole number factor, then the quality would be sufficient, but then you'd be going from 1280x960 down to 640x480. Everything in between would still look crappy.

Who? [B]me[B] for a start.....

nearly went to buy a intel machine in that formfactor, only it doesn't support unix in any variation, not even linux. so an iBook in that form factor would be ideal.

D.

ftaok
May 16, 2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by damies
Who? [B]me[B] for a start.....

nearly went to buy a intel machine in that formfactor, only it doesn't support unix in any variation, not even linux. so an iBook in that form factor would be ideal.

D. I agree that a new Duo would be great, but right now, Apple doesn't have the market share to justify bringing something like this out. It would take away more buyers of iBooks and TiBooks than it would bring in from the Wintel side (my opinion).

Plus, the price would be in the range of $2200 for the same exact specs as an $1800 iBook. Here's an example based on today's line-up.

$1800 iBook ----> 600mhz G3, 20GB HD, Combo, 14"
$2200 Duo ----> 600mhz G3, 20GB HD, Ext. Combo, 10"

At that price, most people would probably go for the low-end TiBook @ $2400.

The only way I see this happening is if Apple discontinues the 14". That way, the pricing structure could be like this.

$1500 (iBook) ---> $1900 (Duo) ----> $2400 (TiBook)

I'd say that it's not out of the Realm of Possibility, but I'd also say that it's extremely unlikely.

gopher
May 16, 2002, 08:21 AM
If they made the keyboard bigger. They use the same keyboard from the 12" iBook as the 14" iBook leaving a lot of open space to expand the keyboard itself. Oh wouldn't it be something if there was a sidebar next to the keyboard that acted as a scrollwheel! There is no reason to keep the same keyboard on a larger version of the same notebook. And they should thin the 14" iBook so it is the same weight as the 12". It doesn't need all that extra weight as it doesn't have a PCMCIA slot. And add a second Firewire port already. If you aren't going to have a PCMCIA slot at least have two Firewire ports. Oh and make a DVI connector.

ftaok
May 16, 2002, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by gopher
If they made the keyboard bigger. They use the same keyboard from the 12" iBook as the 14" iBook leaving a lot of open space to expand the keyboard itself. Oh wouldn't it be something if there was a sidebar next to the keyboard that acted as a scrollwheel! There is no reason to keep the same keyboard on a larger version of the same notebook. And they should thin the 14" iBook so it is the same weight as the 12". It doesn't need all that extra weight as it doesn't have a PCMCIA slot. And add a second Firewire port already. If you aren't going to have a PCMCIA slot at least have two Firewire ports. Oh and make a DVI connector. Oh, and make it cost $2500. Sheesh.