PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen iPod Freakout

MaxRady
Mar 25, 2008, 10:42 PM
Hello everyone,

I am trying to take care of this problem for a buddy of mine. He has a 4th generation iPod, 20 gigs, and it is having some major problems. I was told that when he tries to plug it into his computer (windows laptop) it makes the computer screen turn blue. I tried to restore it, by flicking the hold switch a couple of times and holding MENU + play/pause and it says it doesnt have enough battery power and to plug it into a source. When i plug it into my MacBook, it freaks out and says that the computer doesnt recognize it, then the ipod withdrawals itself from the computer and a message pops up and says that a device was removed improperly. I have gotten the option of erasing and syncing a couple of times, but the same thing happens where once i hit erase, it will freakout and withdraw itself. ANY help would be awesome. Thanks!

forafireescape
Mar 25, 2008, 10:44 PM
Try plugging it into the wall to restore it.

davedecay
Mar 25, 2008, 10:45 PM
I have fixed quite a few 4th gen iPods.

Hard drives die, logic boards also flake out. Then you have batteries that go bad, so that's 3 components.

Sorry there's no easy answer - best guess is hard drive or logic board.

iTeen
Mar 25, 2008, 10:47 PM
sounds like the poor iPod's harddrive is shot, this is what happened to me with my old ipod...
time for a new iPod?????