PDA

View Full Version : Why does my 30GB have low audio through the TV?

toughshot
Mar 28, 2008, 05:47 PM
I have hooked my 30GB iPod video up to my tvs and they all have the same thing, at maximum volume on both the iPod and Television you can barely hear the movie... What is the missing link or how do I fix it so I can actually watch and hear movies?

vanmacguy
Mar 28, 2008, 05:49 PM
Is Volume Leveling turned on on the iPod?

I had the same thing when playing it back through my car and that turned out to be it.

Cheers.

toughshot
Mar 28, 2008, 05:57 PM
Where is volume level? I have a Volume Limiter which is at maximum already, but that's it.

iknowyourider
Mar 28, 2008, 07:45 PM
I have to actually turn up the volume on the ipod too (and the tv).

toughshot
Mar 28, 2008, 07:56 PM
Yea, I have them both at the maximum volume levels but I am still not able to hear the sound very well. You can hear it coming out, but if you sit far away its hopeless.

iknowyourider
Mar 28, 2008, 11:07 PM
Have you proven that your A/V cable works (has it ever worked)? Mine will not work through my Apple branded ipod dock. I have to plug the a/v cable into the ipod.

chickenninja
Mar 29, 2008, 12:05 AM
go to a thrift shop or Di and buy yourself an old stereo, use it to boost the audio volume, whether using speakers with it, or audio out to your tv from the stereo.

toughshot
Mar 29, 2008, 08:43 AM
It works now. I have to do the same thing, iknowyourider. When I plugged it into the ipod instead of the dock it worked great.

iknowyourider
Mar 29, 2008, 12:01 PM
sweet