Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scrub0bk

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Hi, im new to the music creation with logic, but im really looking to get into it bigger. im going to be purchasing a keyboard and drum pad soon to start creations. would it be possible for logic studio to be run on a powerbook? say a 1.5ghz one? or would i need to go the MBP route?

thanks alot

nicorojas

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2003
Chile
should?

Should run fine? I'm in the same situation. We're a poor band, and we are using Cubase SE 1.07 and a Phonic Helix Firewire18. I know it is not the sounding system, but it serve our needs for demo recording.

However, we sould like to upgrade the software and Logic Express 8 seems like a good choice (plugins in Cubase don't sound very good) I have a Powerbook G4 15", 1.5Ghz, 1.5Gb RAM, and a LaCie External HDD FW800 (5400 rpm). How Logic performance would be? How many simultaneous will allow?

Lentil

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2008
Should run fine? I'm in the same situation. We're a poor band, and we are using Cubase SE 1.07 and a Phonic Helix Firewire18. I know it is not the sounding system, but it serve our needs for demo recording.

However, we sould like to upgrade the software and Logic Express 8 seems like a good choice (plugins in Cubase don't sound very good) I have a Powerbook G4 15", 1.5Ghz, 1.5Gb RAM, and a LaCie External HDD FW800 (5400 rpm). How Logic performance would be? How many simultaneous will allow?

How is it recording with a 5400rpm drive? Any dropouts? I'm trying to see if I can skimp on speed for storage.

nicorojas

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2003
Chile
Only once we had a dropout using Cubase SE 1.0.7 and recording 10 simultaneous tracks. We used to record every week with no major problems.

Don't know about logic express. I once tried to use logic express 7 and it was a nightmare...however, i just had 1 Gb RAM and no external drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.