PDA

View Full Version : iPod trade-in?

bigevilalien
Apr 3, 2008, 07:33 PM
So here's the deal:

I won an 80gb iPod classic and a 1gb shuffle in an online contest. The problem is, I have no need or desire for either of these and I really want a 32gb touch to replace my current 30gb video.

They're both sealed in their original packaging and everything, so I'm wondering if I would be able to take them to Best Buy or the Apple Store and exchange them for store credit ;) towards the touch despite the fact that I have no receipts (Best Buy would be nice because I have gift cards there).

Does anybody have any advice on this or am I going to have to sell these things on ebay to get cash for them :mad:?

Thanks in advance!

MattyMac
Apr 3, 2008, 07:38 PM
Apple won't take the return if it wasn't bought at an apple store. I had the problem. I bought an iPod touch from someone who won it at work around christmas time. I tried to return it to an apple store so I could purchase the 80 gb classic. I didn't have the receipt, so they looked it up in their system and told me it was purchased at a best buy so I couldn't return it there. I never tried to take it to best buy, but I'm sure they would have returned it. I still have it...sealed :D

Take it too an apple store, if it was bought there, you won't have a problem.

forafireescape
Apr 3, 2008, 07:41 PM
I don't think they're going to take them unless you bought them there.

mallbritton
Apr 3, 2008, 07:58 PM
Most retail stores won't give credit for merchandise that wasn't purchased from them, and they certainly won't do it if you don't have a receipt.

Regards,
Michael

techlover828
Apr 3, 2008, 08:07 PM
ya, your probably going to get stuck selling them, however you should get near retail since they are sealed.

TimJim
Apr 3, 2008, 08:17 PM
Sell it to a friend, The Marketplace here, eBay, or Craigslist.

Apple Store won't take it without a receipt, and Best Buy won't either i'm pretty sure.