PDA

View Full Version : macbook cracking in unusual place

ashjamben
Apr 4, 2008, 06:38 PM
know there are loads of threads and posts about the macbook cracking, but i've never seen one posted like this before.

i've got a massive crack on the bottom, all along the back edge where the hinge is. i havn't dropped it, and to be honest it doesn't look like the kind of crack that would be caused by impact. it seems to me like heat is causing this, it gets pretty hot back there thus the need for fans. plus i've only had this thing about 4 months. it doesn't bother me all that much to be honest, i just don't want it to get any worse. plus it's kind of annoying when i've spet so much on this this, but from all the stories i've red about the macbook it seemed inevitable. but i've got applecare so i should be good for the next couple of years if it does get worse

but anyway...

has anyone else had this problem? and would you guys recommend me taking this back to apple to get fixed?

thanks

Santa Rosa
Apr 4, 2008, 06:40 PM
You have paid for Applecare, use it. Take it to your local store and they will replace the case for you no questions.

Cheffy Dave
Apr 4, 2008, 06:57 PM
know there are loads of threads and posts about the macbook cracking, but i've never seen one posted like this before.

i've got a massive crack on the bottom, all along the back edge where the hinge is. i havn't dropped it, and to be honest it doesn't look like the kind of crack that would be caused by impact. it seems to me like heat is causing this, it gets pretty hot back there thus the need for fans. plus i've only had this thing about 4 months. it doesn't bother me all that much to be honest, i just don't want it to get any worse. plus it's kind of annoying when i've spet so much on this this, but from all the stories i've red about the macbook it seemed inevitable. but i've got applecare so i should be good for the next couple of years if it does get worse

but anyway...

has anyone else had this problem? and would you guys recommend me taking this back to apple to get fixed?

thanks
No problems on mine, but take it to Apple and get it fixed, why wouldn't you?:rolleyes:

SFStateStudent
Apr 4, 2008, 07:09 PM
Definitely, take it in to the Apple Store and they'll probably replace the outer casing on the spot or in a reasonable amount of time. Sorry to hear about your damage. :(