PDA

View Full Version : How to play launch.com videos?

JJF1973
Nov 9, 2003, 12:02 AM
I am having problems playing videos from launch.com. I have been able to play videos from there before using Netscape 4.7 and WMP 7.1. I recently had to reinstall everything on my mac (running 10.2.8 btw). When I tried reinstalling Netscape and WMP, I could no longer get the videos to play. The WMP plugin starts a video window, it says "locating media," then it just says "ready" and nothing else happens. Is there something I'm missing that I should have done? I've tried reinstalling both programs a total of three times with the same result. Thanks for any help anyone may be able to give me.

Nermal
Nov 9, 2003, 03:24 PM
The only way I've been able to do it is by using Safari's Debug menu to emulate IE6 on Windows. To enable the menu,

1. Quit Safari
2. Open a Terminal
3. Type: defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1
4. Start Safari

There will now be a Debug menu that will allow you to pretend you're running Internet Explorer on Windows.

JJF1973
Nov 9, 2003, 04:47 PM
I got the debug menu to come up just like it was supposed to, however, when I set the user agent to Windows IE 6.0, I got the same error message from launch.com that I've always gotten. I also tried the Netscape 4.79 option with the same results. Any other suggestions? Thanks again for your help.