How to play launch.com videos?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by JJF1973, Nov 8, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

I am having problems playing videos from launch.com. I have been able to play videos from there before using Netscape 4.7 and WMP 7.1. I recently had to reinstall everything on my mac (running 10.2.8 btw). When I tried reinstalling Netscape and WMP, I could no longer get the videos to play. The WMP plugin starts a video window, it says "locating media," then it just says "ready" and nothing else happens. Is there something I'm missing that I should have done? I've tried reinstalling both programs a total of three times with the same result. Thanks for any help anyone may be able to give me.

2. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The only way I've been able to do it is by using Safari's Debug menu to emulate IE6 on Windows. To enable the menu,

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open a Terminal
    3. Type: defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1
    4. Start Safari

There will now be a Debug menu that will allow you to pretend you're running Internet Explorer on Windows.

3. macrumors newbie

Still no luck

I got the debug menu to come up just like it was supposed to, however, when I set the user agent to Windows IE 6.0, I got the same error message from launch.com that I've always gotten. I also tried the Netscape 4.79 option with the same results. Any other suggestions? Thanks again for your help.