PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Wireless Mouse

oldschool
Nov 9, 2003, 07:05 PM
Are there any bluetooth wireless mice that will be usefull for a powerbook with bluetooth built in?

The belkin seems to be the only option at this moment. The logitech MX900 has the recharging station built into the bluetooth module, so i assume you need to have the external bluetooth module built in.

Any other mice out there?

toughboy
Nov 9, 2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by oldschool
Are there any bluetooth wireless mice that will be usefull for a powerbook with bluetooth built in?

The belkin seems to be the only option at this moment. The logitech MX900 has the recharging station built into the bluetooth module, so i assume you need to have the external bluetooth module built in.

Any other mice out there?

how about microsoft's bluetooth mouse...
I don't know if they sell it standalone, but if it works like my wireless intelli explorer, then it must be amazing, and I can say that the handling is perfect, plus there is 5 buttons, which is more than enough for me...

Westside guy
Nov 9, 2003, 08:36 PM
I'm using Microsoft's Bluetooth mouse (you can buy it by itself). It seems to be the only one that's actually shipping - excluding Apple's of course. Works well out of the box; no software/drivers required (I doubt MS would provide them anyway!)

The only downside to this mouse - and probably to all of the others as well - is it's a bit bigger than I'd like. But they have to have room for the battery and transmission components.

BTW buttons 4 and 5 are great for alternate Expose views - I use button 3 (pushing down on the mouse wheel) for the standard Expose view.

Ryan1524
Nov 9, 2003, 09:00 PM
someone in macnn reported using the MX900 witha 12" PB. and since a bt module is a bt module, i assume you can always connect it to the one in pb...doesn't ahve to be through the base charger. give it a try, it should work. :)