Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wildcat

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2002
Eugene, OR
So does this mean that the os will not run on something with a rage 128 installed? ( such as the curent ibook?) This would kind of suck! But if it means great improvement I guess it must be done.

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
Re: No OS 10.2 on Rage 128?

Originally posted by Wildcat
So does this mean that the os will not run on something with a rage 128 installed? ( such as the curent ibook?) This would kind of suck! But if it means great improvement I guess it must be done.

I believe they only meant that the new version of quartz won't work with the video card, meaning it will have to be handled exactly as it is today. The OS itself should run just fine on all machines that currently support OS X.

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
Rage 2+ ?

So It won't run on my Rage II+ G3 233 ha. I can run it now. Im starting to get used to the never ending spining beach balls :)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
I'm going to have to reconsider keeping my rev a TiBook now. 8MB of VRAM on a Rage 128 Mobility card just seems sad now...:(

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
I'm going to have to reconsider keeping my rev a TiBook now. 8MB of VRAM on a Rage 128 Mobility card just seems sad now...:(

I hear you exactly. I'm starting to think that perhaps i sould off-load my tibook pretty soon, before having to admit that it can't take advantage of the latest OS :(

Still, virtually everyone's been sreaming for speed increases, and if this delivers, then so be it.

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

ya my dad was pretty pissed when he got a brand new LCD and he could only get thousands of colors on it using his tibook

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
And once again, us early adopters are left out in the cold. Thanks, Apple.

I just bought a Radeon 7000 PCI graphics card for my G4 400 PCI, but aparently that's not good enough!

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Same boat here. We are all on the S.S. Take it up the rear. I just bought two iBooks over the last three months and an iMac SE in December. Oh, well, thank God for ebay right.

Steve Jobs said today.."We know you were wanting finder improvements, and for quartz to go throught the graphics system, so now it will. All you have to do is either have an AGP based G4 Tower, the new iMac, or the TiBooks that were release last week. Everyone else......"

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.