Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vdubskey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
does anyone know if a beige G3 guts will fit in a G4 graphite case, i have the oppertunity to get one but dont know if it will fit, it looks like the processer will hit the power suppy or cdrom, any info on this?

vdubskey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
The purpose is the beige case is just plain ugly, and the g4 case is a much nicer case and i am able to get one for a cheap price, i just need to know if it will fit...

vdubskey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
But its so plain, the G4 case is very pleasing to the eye, it also goes well with the 23" cinema screen which is on the way. Does anybody have any measurments on a G4 motherboard, or the G4 case?

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
After thinking very briefly, I'm pretty sure the task will require some major modifications to the logic board (hard, most likely destruction of the logic board as a result) or the case (easier, but still tricky).

slowtreme

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2003
Tampa FL
it wont fit, the door would never be able to close unless you removed the CDrom drives and cage. On the G4 mainboards this area is "bare".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.