Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
Does anyone out there know of any small (less than 10") touchscreen LCD monitors that work with OS X?

I have a way to get a cube for relatively cheap and was hoping to run it through the monitor for simplicity's sake (it would be used as a media center/file server, so i would not need a keyboard or mouse very often).

Any information would be infinitely excellent. Thanks in advance.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
Anyone?

What if the size restriction was removed? Does anyone know of any touchscreen LCD monitors or any size that work with OS X?

How about CRT monitors?

How about really crazy remote control type objects that could be used to select movies to play and control the basic functions of a music player?

Anything?

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
I know you can use a touchscreen with OS X. There's a company that can put a touch-screen interface onto any monitor. I saw them at Macworld SF this year. They had iMacs, eMacs, Cinema Displays, and ordinary CRT's using touchscreen. They put some coating on the screen that makes it touchscreen. Very cool stuff. Sorry I don't remember the company though. But it can be done, and I've seen it work in person if thats any help. Try a search on google.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
There was a company in the Netherlands that was rebuilding Imacs for retail stores as a cashregister, mostly for barbershops. The screen was adjusted with some kind of glass plate which they fitted in front of it to get a touchscreen. Don't know the name of the company however, and this was only done with the old crt Imacs. They hadn't have a solutions yet for the flatscreen Imacs because the glass was to heavy for the arm.

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
A company I work with has a 12" touch screen (maybe larger) that was connected to Mac Mini to run a still-born "Photo Booth" they had me design interior for.

I could ask them which one they used if you can't find any other info.

MstrPBK

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2008
St. Paul, MN
what geration of Mac Mini's are you tlaking about ...

I have a:
  • [*]Model Name: Mac mini
    [*]Model Identifier: Macmini2,1

Would this work with a touch screen; 'cuz my moniter is beginnning to behave like I need a new one.

----------

I have a:

* Model Name: Mac mini
* Model Identifier: Macmini2,1

Would this work with a touch screen; 'cuz my moniter is beginnning to behave like I need a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.