PDA

View Full Version : Refurb Mini, some probs

nando2323
Apr 11, 2008, 08:01 AM
Ok, So I got a refurb Mini 1.66 CD. It only starts in Safe Mode, I formated and reinstalled Leopard, still does it, I cannot clear the PRAM on it either it just goes right through. I did upgrade the RAM on it to 2GB does that have anything to do with? Should I take it back apart and put in the 1GB that it came with? The 2 GB came out of my iMac only 3 weeks ago and it was working perfectly fine.

rolex54
Apr 11, 2008, 08:12 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

thats odd
I would definitly try the old ram then report back

nando2323
Apr 11, 2008, 10:55 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

thats odd
I would definitly try the old ram then report back

I'll give that a try.

jeremy.king
Apr 11, 2008, 11:16 AM
I'd try to reset the SMC (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303446) and maybe see if Onyx (http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs2/english/onyx_leopard.html) can override it in the Parameters section.

err404
Apr 11, 2008, 02:22 PM
Ok, So I got a refurb Mini 1.66 CD. It only starts in Safe Mode, I formated and reinstalled Leopard, still does it, I cannot clear the PRAM on it either it just goes right through. I did upgrade the RAM on it to 2GB does that have anything to do with? Should I take it back apart and put in the 1GB that it came with? The 2 GB came out of my iMac only 3 weeks ago and it was working perfectly fine.
I wouldn't spend a lot of time trying to fix it. It could just be a dud. You just got the machine and it's under warranty. Try the reset first, then try the original 1G again. If you still have problems then just call Apple.

BTW - when you call Apple just leave out that you opened it to change the RAM. They shouldn't care, but you never know.