PDA

View Full Version : Clamshell battery question

latergator116
Nov 11, 2003, 09:38 PM
Hi, I have an iBook Clamshell battery that I haven't used in about a year old. I know it doesn't have a charge anymore, but if I charge it up do you think it will stay charged or do you think it will have died since it hasn't been used in so long

fukuhela
Nov 12, 2003, 10:01 AM
I have an clamshell as well wich i bought 3 and half year ago. I used the battery the first half year. But for the next two and a half year I didn't use it.

Two months ago i started using the battery again and it works like a charm. I guess it last approx. 3-4 hours working in Word.:)

Wes
Nov 12, 2003, 10:16 AM
My clamshell battery stopped working. If you unplugged the battery, the computer turned off. Apple charged me 140 for a new battery.

thehuncamunca
Nov 12, 2003, 10:30 AM
it won't hurt to try it out, probably wont hold much of a charge though after that long of a time

latergator116
Nov 12, 2003, 03:40 PM
Thanks guys. the reason why I wanted to know is becasue I wanted to sell it on eBay, and the computer from which it cam from is broken. It sounds like there is a 50/50 chance that it will work so I probably won't sell it.

Spock
Nov 13, 2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by latergator116
Thanks guys. the reason why I wanted to know is becasue I wanted to sell it on eBay, and the computer from which it cam from is broken. It sounds like there is a 50/50 chance that it will work so I probably won't sell it.

Do you still have the broken iBook?? I could take it of your hands for free

manitoubalck
Nov 13, 2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Spock
Do you still have the broken iBook?? I could take it of your hands for free

Me too.