PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store UK down

jMc
Nov 12, 2003, 05:42 AM
Just a heads up - I don't think we're expecting anything major - but the UK online store is currently offline - with the usual holding page...

jx

Zaid
Nov 12, 2003, 05:49 AM
Looks like all the European stores are down too.

Falleron
Nov 12, 2003, 05:55 AM
Doubt its anything major. Great to see a G5 xserve though.

groovebuster
Nov 12, 2003, 06:45 AM
It's more likely related to the software problems they have at the moment. Thousands of orders are stuck in Luxembourg and Eindhoven because the software is buggy they are using for their back-end systems.

groovebuster

groovebuster
Nov 12, 2003, 06:45 AM
Ooops... double post.

robbieduncan
Nov 12, 2003, 06:47 AM
Seems to be free iPod engraving.

jMc
Nov 12, 2003, 06:51 AM
The free iPod engraving was up yesterday (I don't normally hang about in the Applestore all day, but I'm trying to check up on my PB)...

At a cvursory glance there doesn't appear to be much different - they've probably just updated a few minor prices or something...

jx

jefhatfield
Nov 13, 2003, 01:34 AM
maybe stevie boy can slip in a powerbook G5 for the christmas season:D

Fabrix2003
Nov 13, 2003, 09:44 AM
yes jef and im father christmas lmao, wud be nice though, hoping ram prices go down really for another stick of 512 for my book.:)

iGav
Nov 13, 2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Fabrix2003
yes jef and im father christmas lmao, wud be nice though, hoping ram prices go down really for another stick of 512 for my book.:)

it's good when Apple do the old 'Double Your Installed RAM For Only 18' offer, like last December where I got my 1GHz Ti upgraded from 512MB to 1GB for 18 (or about that amount!!) heheheh :D

mactastic
Nov 13, 2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by iGAV
it's good when Apple do the old 'Double Your Installed RAM For Only 18' offer, like last December where I got my 1GHz Ti upgraded from 512MB to 1GB for 18 (or about that amount!!) heheheh :D

That was a sweet promotion. Got my TiBook with 1GB RAM for an extra $40US, didn't have to deal with aftermarket retailers, or installing the RAM myself (not that it would have been hard). Plus I didn't even have to think about the dilemma of whether to pay more for the 1x512 chip vs 2x256. It was nice to have my PB maxed out with RAM right out of the box!:p

iGav
Nov 13, 2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by mactastic
That was a sweet promotion. Got my TiBook with 1GB RAM for an extra $40US, didn't have to deal with aftermarket retailers, or installing the RAM myself (not that it would have been hard). Plus I didn't even have to think about the dilemma of whether to pay more for the 1x512 chip vs 2x256. It was nice to have my PB maxed out with RAM right out of the box!:p

was very cool.... saved serious $$$$$ doing Apple memory for a change.... :eek: :p :p heheh

jefhatfield
Nov 13, 2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Fabrix2003

but truthfully, even though the windows PC world has actually forged ahead with speed and cheaper prices, i don't want apple inc to put new ideas and innovation ahead of quality since there has been a noticeable dip in apple's quality over the last year or so

certain discontinued models, in my opinion, are the best things apple ever made like the tibook and the cube

ok, ok...i do know why apple dropped the cube...nobody bought it and the cube was steve jobs' modern day version of the lisa...a pet project that meant everything in the world to him but something only he saw as necessary...so the cube, like the lisa died a terrible death

but whoever decided to get rid of the tibook was an idiot...everyone i know who posts here a lot who has one, and everyone i know who has one in real life have called it one of their favorite macs