PDA

View Full Version : Problems with burning CDs on my macbook

Soundie
Apr 16, 2008, 08:42 AM
I have had this problem since I got my macbook actually and I would really like to get it fixed somehow. My problem is that when I try to burn audio-cds (its all Ive tried to burn) after a few tracks, they start to skip real bad and the last tracks on the cd you canīt even hear. Any ideas? Cheers

BlackMax
Apr 16, 2008, 11:42 AM
You might have a different problem, but I've encountered this issue before when using cheap CD-Rs. Try a different brand. I find Memorex CD-Rs work pretty well.

Also, it might just be me, but I find the CD-Rs with a reflective blue or purple coating on the recording surface work best.

Soundie
Apr 16, 2008, 11:53 AM
Well, at first I thought the CDīs were the problem but Iīve tried multiple CDīs , different brands (like Sony etc.) but It didnīt work.. Thanks anyway! Any more ideas ? cheers

logana
Apr 16, 2008, 12:21 PM
What are you using to burn the cd's - iTunes, Toast whatever ?

It may be a faulty drive but if you are burning cd's using "best" speed they may not work too well - are you using the computer for anything else while you burn them ?

Have you tried copying files (data) to a cd rather than music ?

Soundie
Apr 17, 2008, 06:27 AM
Iīve only used I-tunes to burn music with.

eman
Apr 17, 2008, 07:25 AM
I only use Verbatim CDs and DVDs and never had any problems with any of my macbooks. I also prefer Toast Titanium.

logana
Apr 17, 2008, 11:58 AM
are you using the computer for anything else while you burn them ?

Have you tried copying files (data) to a cd rather than music ?

Well - are you doing anything else when you burn them ? If you are then please try without anything else happening/ going on.

And have you tried burning the cd's other than through iTunes ?