Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agwah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
A fashion photographer uses the movie camera to tell a dreamlike story of short movies. Presented as a series of blog entries and uploaded movies it follows the process of ideas from the very start.

check out the movies here

and the blog here

thanks for checking it out

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
I feel like I'm missing something but the first maybe minute of the video is suspenseful enough to want to watch, beyond that it looks like a really bad 80's horror experiment. I mean theres not anything "amazing" about this video.. thats not to say someone important wont see this crap and give this guy some a boat load of money/publicity for it.

agwah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
thanks for the reply's guys,

Yeah, I didn't really want anybody to "get" anything, it was more of a feeling of curiosity: what would happen if I just took all these different tapes, video files, photographs and old super eight and squeezed it all into one short experience.

I agree that somewhere in the middle it looses tempo and could be put together differently, but I am not going to change it now, would rather go on to the next project.

NickFalk

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2004
I kinda like it, but only up to a point. It is surreal and somewhat captivating for a couple of minutes but as it is impossible to find any emotional or narrative peg to hang it on I loose interest.

However, you should never have told anyone that it didn't have a deeper meaning. I'm sure you could screen this collage at an art-show and get all sorts of weird explanations to what it is trying to say... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.