Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Silicon.com reports on Bill Gates' keynote speech at this years Comdex.

The highlight of the speech, however, appears to be a Matrix Spoof with Bill Gates as Morpheus and Steve Ballmer as Neo.

pills.jpg

“Take the Big Blue pill and this story ends,” Gates says to Ballmer, referring to a pivotal scene in the movie and also to IBM’s nickname, “And armies of consultants are running around the IT world. Take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland.”

More images available at msmobiles.com

eromitlab

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2003
it sucked. it was in poor taste. it isn't even close to being accurate.

This is one nerd that obviously spent way too much time in front of an old CRT... he's just plain retarded, his brain has been fried.

Ballmer... well he's just an escaped circus geek. He was never smart to begin with.

leet1

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Oh come on yall, this is pretty funny looking. I want to see the video lol :D

ryan

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2002
Denver, CO
Say what you will about Bill and MS (and believe, me I'm no fan) but their spoofs have typically been pretty funny. The VW, "dah, dah, dah" one in particular was a lot of fun to watch.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
You guys remember the Volkswagen commercial that they spoofed a whileback? The "Da da da..." one?

arn

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
YYOOOUUUU SSUUCCKK BIILL!

Can't you understand Open Source Has A Place!

Linux and other Free OS will always have a backing.

And IBM (also a major supplyer of Windows computers) should be parodied.

You want to lose IBM's Desktops?

Way to go.

Anyway doesn't Neo take the Pill that leads him to the Matrix... and um the whole thing.

But in this they stay in MS land... and wham. Stay in their pittiful perfection.

Tell me when a video comes... SAD

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
I love it how you guys rate everything negative if anything to do with Apple's competition is mentioned, lol.

I'd like to see Steve Jobs do that :)

Photorun

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2003
NYC
If Gates was Morpheus and Ballmer Neo god the world would have been screwed. I mean, can you picture any of those pasty loser geeks dodging a punch or a bullet? They wouldn't have mad it out of the first first movie, let alone a sequel.

And as far as what they're saying, all BS! I can give you horror stories, MAJOR data loss disaster horror stories regarding M$ and they're totally crappy, not secure, very weak server system on even weaker hardware. Conversely I can rattle off nothing but success stories regarding IBM and Linux. M$/Bill/Ballmer are just scared, and should be, their incredibly sucktacular product has a very real contender in IBM/Linux.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
OK, in the matrix, morpheus and neo were on the side of the under-dogs. The small guy. They represented more of an 'open source', command line, techno, geek, hacker persona. Microsoft represents the Matrix... As much as they'd like it to be, Microsoft is the bad guy here... Yet another example of Microsoft trying to blind millions with it's ad campaigns...

IBM should release an add. "The Matrix has you", and then flash a microsoft logo...

avus

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2002
Originally posted by ZildjianKX
I love it how you guys rate everything negative if anything to do with Apple's competition is mentioned, lol.

No, we can honestly tell an uber-geeks' desperate attempt at being perceived as "cool" (and they fail miserably) when we see one, that's all.

Edited: spelling

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by arn
You guys remember the Volkswagen commercial that they spoofed a whileback? The "Da da da..." one?

arn

No... I don't remember.

I remember that they had a iPod and VW Beetle ad... but never a spoof, can you link us?

superfunkomatic

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
calgary, ab canada
typical MS crappola. don't they have a single original idea - "oh, bill let's capitalize on the popularity of this new matrix movie thingy- the kids will eat this up".

oh yeah, and the mention of a search function for documents, the harddrive and email -hmmm, sounds like a function from 10.2 from a about 1.5 years ago - the search function. doi!

crappy software imitating/parodying a crappy overrated movie. striking similarities though - slick production, candy shell and very little substance - they are a perfect match.

is it hot in here, oh just the flames from those about to defend the matrix as a zen-like apocalyptic experience - bunk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.