PDA

View Full Version : Cod4 runs on IMAC?

mrsilkunderwear
May 5, 2008, 02:42 PM
Was wondering if COD4 will run one those new imacs? I am thinking about gettin the 3.06 version with probably 4 gigs of RAM. Will the 8800 gs pull it off? Bootcamp or Fusion?

citisin
May 5, 2008, 05:39 PM
under boot camp it will run very well.

nick9191
May 5, 2008, 05:44 PM
COD4 is out for mac os x soon so buy it and support the mac gaming community ;)

And you don't have to keep booting into windows.

mrsilkunderwear
May 5, 2008, 06:26 PM
I would love to support the mac community but I heard ports on macs usually suck, so ehh is that true?

aaron.lee2006
May 5, 2008, 06:51 PM
I would love to support the mac community but I heard ports on macs usually suck, so ehh is that true?

I'll have to agree there. I can't stand gaming on the Mac. I have an MBP and a gaming pc and would much rather play games under Windows.

crm114
May 9, 2008, 04:22 PM
I had the opportunity to install a copy of COD2 in XP, after I bought COD 2 for OSX.

I found that the MAC had a higher ping (65 to 70 opposed to 35 or 40) on the same servers, and amount of people, at roughly the same time of day.

I found my mouse to be "jerky" on the mac compared to the PC (i am using a G7 cordless logitech). I also had problems with the video not seeming to keep up - no i ddint do any tests on frame rates or anything, but i coudl feel the differecnce, especially when i hooked the box up to my 40" bravia.

I ended up buying COD4 for the PC, and not waiting for the MAC version. I would love to play it on the MAC, adn maybe COD4 will run much better than COD2 does, but until i could test it out, i would stick witht the PC version.

(keep in mind i am an old school pc user - i started on apples but gave them up after the first lucas arts x-wing game came out)

BUT I STILL LOVE MY :apple:

flopticalcube
May 9, 2008, 04:23 PM
My son runs CoD4 on his 2.4GHz HD2600 iMac and it runs fairly well on medium settings.