Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
MR CLEAN MAGIC ERASER! If you remember i posted a thread maybe a week ago asking what you guys use to clean your books. (its clean now but for the future). Many of you said the magic eraser is great so i went with it. How does everyone like it?

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
yeah i know a few people were talking about that. Has any of the color eever worn off on anyone due to scrubing it too hard?

JNB

macrumors 604
Actually, the MCME is more of an an ablative, not an abrasive. The eraser material wears away (rather quickly), taking gunk with it. I've cleaned some pretty fragile & delicate stuff with is with no ill effect. That being said, according to mrclean.com:
Attention: The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a highly effective cleaning tool. Test first on an inconspicuous spot with light pressure to see if surface may scratch or dull. Not recommended for use on surfaces that are polished/glossy, or on brushed, satin, dark, or faux finishes. Do not use with chlorine bleach.

So don't clean the LCD screen with it! :p

Also: http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/eraser.asp

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.