Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TENBLUE7™

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2003
Sheffield - England
...I posted a thread on here a few weeks back after 30GB's worth of HD space simply dissapeared after installing Panther over 10.2.8.

Cured with an erase and clean Panther install all was fine until yesterday I ran Norton 2003 from the CD to run disk doctor and after re-starting noticed that again 30GB's worth of disk space had vanished.

So I won't be booting up and running Norton 2003 ever again, can't even begin to imagine why running disk doctor would swallow up the amount of disk space.

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
I've said it before...but at the risk of sounding like a broken record...

never ever ever use anything Norton. It will completely mess up your computer. It's a crime how bad that software is.

TENBLUE7™

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2003
Sheffield - England
Norton...

...been using it in many forms for nearly 7 years but your right it's made a real mess this last year or so.

Firewall seems to be working but the 100's of alerts I received a day when I was running Jaguar seem to have stopped altogether, there's no logs at all. When on Limewire it would be 1000's and the settings are the same, I don't want to think about who or what is trying to get onto this mac.

And it's not like anti virus works anymore either...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.