PDA

View Full Version : metax wont write

rockos
May 30, 2008, 10:49 AM
hey guys i need some help. i have over 500 movies and trying to tag them with metax. every movie is in mp4 format by using visualhub. everytime i go to try and tag a movie with metax i get a zero bytes warning. saying and writing would have caused data loss. what is this and how to do i fix it. i did a search here first and only found one other fourm post but he had zero replies back in march. thanks again.

i am using a macbook with lepard 10.5.3
also using and external 1TB HD through USB.

MikieMikie
May 30, 2008, 12:07 PM
hey guys i need some help. i have over 500 movies and trying to tag them with metax. every movie is in mp4 format by using visualhub. everytime i go to try and tag a movie with metax i get a zero bytes warning. saying and writing would have caused data loss. what is this and how to do i fix it. i did a search here first and only found one other fourm post but he had zero replies back in march. thanks again.

i am using a macbook with lepard 10.5.3
also using and external 1TB HD through USB.

You might try emailing the developer -- go to his website and send him an email. He's very responsive.

ironjaw
May 30, 2008, 12:18 PM
Just to be sure, are you using the newest version of MetaX 2.4.5?

Oilbrnr
May 30, 2008, 03:20 PM
I've had this error this past week too. Actually, I've had many problems with X in the last couple of weeks. :mad:

knux11
May 30, 2008, 05:48 PM
the only time i've had this problem was earlier this week, the very first time using metax. It was giving me the error because the movies i was editing were on a drive i didn't have permission to write to, meaning i had read-only access. In my case my movies were on the windows partition.

rockos
May 30, 2008, 09:07 PM
well i uninstalled and reinstalled metax and still getting the same errors. so i have no idea. with over 600 movies to tag i wish it was working like it used to. i am using the latest version as well.

any other ideas would be greatful

frankiepdx
May 30, 2008, 10:06 PM
+1 on emailing the developer. Also, some apps don't completely uninstall. Programs like AppCleaner will get you back to a fresh install. Maybe you could try the reinstall method again.

May 30, 2008, 10:08 PM
Try selecting the "large file size" option in the preferences, that fixed the same problem for me. :)

rockos
Jun 1, 2008, 06:24 PM
so the only way i can get metax to work is to put the movies onto my black macbook HD and then run metax. then i can put the movies either back on my external HD or i can put them on my time capsule HD.

it is fine because it works just sucks because it is an extra two steps. trasfering 50 movies at a time to the macbook then running metax then putting them back on the external.

but atleast that works