Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drennan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
London
I haven't used FCP for a few months and now it crashes when it gets to the choose setup window. I'm not sure if an update has caused this. I have removed FCP and prefs etc and reinstalled and same problem. If anyone can help it would be appreciated as i dont know where to start. here is the last part of the crash log. Thanks guys, Dren.

/System/Library/Components/VCH263Codec.component/VCH263Codec
0x9fe78000 - 0x9fe7afff Motion /Library/Frameworks/Motion.framework/Versions/A/Motion
0x9fe7c000 - 0x9fec8fff ProMediaIO /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/ProMediaIO.framework/Versions/A/ProMediaIO
0x9fefe000 - 0x9ff84fff ProMediaIOClasses /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/ProMediaIOClasses.framework/Versions/A/ProMediaIOClasses
0x9ffc5000 - 0x9ffc5fff ProMediaIOUnit /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/ProMediaIOUnit.framework/Versions/A/ProMediaIOUnit
0x9ffc7000 - 0x9ffe9fff com.apple.AVCVideoServices 1.0 (28) /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/AVCVideoServices.framework/Versions/A/AVCVideoServices

I also get this if I open the console after the crash:

CAUPlugin::Construct (/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/prosoniq/PROSONIQ OrangeVocoder Carbon)
CAUPlugin::Destruct (/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/prosoniq/PROSONIQ OrangeVocoder Carbon)
CAUPlugin::Construct (/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/prosoniq/PROSONIQ OrangeVocoder Carbon)
CAUPlugin::Destruct (/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/prosoniq/PROSONIQ OrangeVocoder Carbon)
com.apple.FinalCutPro
swapped from compile threadHardware not found.
Hardware not found.
swapped from compile threadHardware not found.
swapped from compile threadJun 12 19:20:20 Powerbook crashdump903: Final Cut Pro crashed
Jun 12 19:20:21 Powerbook crashdump903: crash report written to: /Users/rich/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Final Cut Pro.crash.log

drennan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
London
Thanks. It looks like this program is for backing up and restoring your FCP prefs if the program keeps crashing, so you dont lose your settings. My problem is that I cant get into FCP to start with so I don't need a backup of my prefs at this stage. Thanks

killr_b

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2005
Suckerfornia
No, actually its for trashing your settings and corrupt prefs that keep crashing FCP. Open the app. Choose trash. Open FCP.

drennan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
London
Ah ok, sorry. I thought that because when i open FCP rescue, all the options are disabled. The screen says 'no settings, no backup'. Any ideas why this is? Thanks for the info, i hope i can get this to work.

killr_b

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2005
Suckerfornia
I linked to the rescue for Final Cut 6, the new one in Studio 2. If you're running Final Cut 5, or earlier check the links on the right of that page for the other rescues. They're all version specific.

drennan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
London
Thanks. yeah i'm using FCP V5 and downloaded FCP rescue for this version. Its weird. I'm thinking something is up with part of the OS as i've reinstalled FCP after cleaning all traces of it as the apple website recommends. Repaired permissions etc too. Its also weird how FCP rescue isn't seeing any preferences on my machine. Any other ideas would be really appreciated as I need to learn this program asap. I've got the FCP suite installed, I might try removing the whole lot and reinstalling incase a related app is affecting it. Dren.

getserious

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2010
Hi there, I am using FCP 7 and having this error. Any clue what its about or how i can fix it?

Attachments

• FCP error.txt
    59.1 KB · Views: 254
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.