Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
I have an infuriating problem with my new iPod touch (16 GB). Whatever application I am in, when I double click the button to jump to another one the same interruption occurs: It's a window showing the last song I played in iTunes with the rewind, play and fast forward buttons; below that are a Close button and a Music button. No song is actually playing on iTunes at the time. But this window appears and I have to double-click the button several times before it disappears and lets me go back to the main menu window.

Any idea has to stop this happening?

Thanks!!

WongJeezy99

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2008
that is why...

you gont get the ipod touch. waste of money. why would you not just spend your money on an iPhone.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
waste of money. why would you not just spend your money on an iPhone.

Possibly WongJeezy99, because Macman10 wanted the iPod touch.

We are not all as unhelpful or useless at replies as 'WongJeezy' is ... believe me ... :rolleyes:

Ok, back to the matter at hand.

This to me sounds like a software glitch.
Have you tried restoring the iPod touch software/firmware through iTunes?

Restoring your iPod touch essentially wipes it of all data and re-installs an original copy
of the 1.1.4 iPod firmware - therefore ridding your device of any software bugs/issues.

If you haven't, heres how:

Note: Be sure to sync your iPod touch once before carrying out this process so that iTunes can
take a snapshot of your current content and settings which you can then restore to the device after
completing this process below.

1. Plug your iPod into your Mac/PC
2. Choose the iPod from the left pane in iTunes
3. Hit 'Restore' on the 'Summary' tab
4. Follow on-screen instructions given by iTunes

If this doesn't resolve your current iPod touch issue,
please do get back to me and I'll eliminate other possibilities.

R-Fly

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 75

Macman10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
not very helpful

What kind of comment is that? This is a Help forum, not a platform to take snide, semi-literate shots at people for their purchasing decisions.

Not that it's any of WongJeezy's business, I got the iPod Touch because for several very sound, personal reasons I didn't want a phone on it. Simple as that.

Useful comments from other forum-users would be received with warm gratitude....

Macman10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
that's more like it...

Hi R-Fly,

Thanks for your reply and advice. I am restoring the software right now and will let you know what happens. It's slow work...

Cheers!

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
What kind of comment is that? This is a Help forum, not a platform to take snide, semi-literate shots at people for their purchasing decisions.

Not that it's any of WongJeezy's business, I got the iPod Touch because for several very sound, personal reasons I didn't want a phone on it. Simple as that.

He's a newbie and will learn. If he doesn't, we'll steel toe his ass out of here. ;)

Macman10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
next step...

R-Fly,

That didn't work. Completely restored everything but that annoying iTunes window keeps popping up. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Steve Hill4: Let me know if you need any help, and I'll reach for my steel-toed boots....

Cameront9

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2006
R-Fly,

That didn't work. Completely restored everything but that annoying iTunes window keeps popping up. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Steve Hill4: Let me know if you need any help, and I'll reach for my steel-toed boots....

Ok, did I read correctly that you are DOUBLE clicking the home button to switch applications?

If so, what you are describing is NORMAL. When you double-click the home button, the music player window pops up, allowing you to change tracks, pause, or adjust volume in whatever application you are in.

To return to the home screen, you only press the home button ONCE.

Let me know if I read your original post wrong, but it sounds like that is what you are doing...

Macman10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
not sure which way to look...

Well, how stupid do I feel? Cameront9, you were absolutely right. I was double-clicking instead of single-clicking. That's what you get for listening to a salesperson at the Apple Store instead of reading the instructions.

Well, the upside is that the problem is well and truly solved. Thanks to you all! Apart from Wongjeezer, of course...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.