PDA

View Full Version : Moon Shot From Tonight

harcosparky
Jun 19, 2008, 10:37 PM
Here is the setup ....

Canon 40D
Meade ETX90 Telescope
Exposure 1/30

Live view with 10X zoom to check focus helped a great deal.

I like the crater detail along the edges in the upper right quadrant.

No editing other than cropping and some slight compression to make it fit website limits.

Soma 115
Jun 19, 2008, 11:20 PM
Here is the setup ....

Canon 40D
Meade ETX90 Telescope
Exposure 1/30

Live view with 10X zoom to check focus helped a great deal.

I like the crater detail along the edges in the upper right quadrant.

No editing other than cropping and some slight compression to make it fit website limits.

Great pic! :D i've been trying for some time to get one like this. ill have to try tonight with you're settings. I'll try and remember to post my results if you'd like! :)

Artful Dodger
Jun 20, 2008, 09:10 AM
Very nice!
I will be reading up on the Meade this weekend since those 90 "something" model #'s from the gfs telescope are on the box somewhere :rolleyes:
It does have the end/eye piece you described in the other thread that can swap out for lack of a better term for an adapter of sorts and some type of connection for either a usb cable or some type of cable but not sure.
Anyway looking toward a great summer of night/moon photography with some stars and (here's hoping) some other planet pics as well!
Keep showing some cool shots :D

harcosparky
Jun 20, 2008, 02:09 PM
I am setup ( sort 0f ) for some really cool shots if I am there within the short window of +/- 5 minutes.

As the moon comes up over the horizon it come up behind some trees. This one particular angle shows one tree quite well.

I do hope to be here in time to capture that image.

Soma 115
Jun 20, 2008, 03:17 PM
oh man! the clouds totally blocked out the moon last night. ill try again tonight