Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c0wb3ll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2008
I am going to get an ipod touch soon and i plan to jailbreak it. However, i don't know whether i should get a 16gb or 32gb. I have about 8gbs of music and plan to put some music on it. Again, i am going to jailbreak it which will take up some space. Which one should i get considering that i will probably using up that much space? :apple:

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Uhhh.. it depends if you're going to want videos or not. If you are, go with the 32GB but if not go for the 16GB. Apps won't take up much space.

Hope this helps.

Edit: qwertydivit is very right. I have an 8GB, and I'm fine with just that as I haven't bought many videos. But on the other hand, videos do look amazing, and if I had the money (to buy videos) and the space (to put them on) I would love to have a few of my favorite flicks, and a couple classic TV Shows on my iPod

As of right now, I have 1GB of Music, 2 Apple Keynotes and Star Wars Blue Harvest with about 3.5GB left.

qwertydivit

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2008
Chicagoland Area
Easy Decision

go with more space. Once you get it and realize how nice videos look and start using it every day, you will want more space. I have a 16 and want a 32. Hope this helps.

istealth

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2008
go with more space. Once you get it and realize how nice videos look and start using it every day, you will want more space. I have a 16 and want a 32. Hope this helps.

Ditto - I have the 16 GB and want a 32... in my mind you can never have enough memory.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I purchased a 16gb touch about a week before the 32gb was announced, and luckily I was able to exchange and pay the difference. I have about 9gb of music, about a dozen movies, plus a couple of tv shows, podcasts, and jailbreak apps, and still have about 6gb free. It's just nice to have the freedom.

machacker

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2008
To be completely honest. I have 12GB of music and I have a 16GB iPod touch. I love the thing, but I didn't want to spend the money on the 32. I had a 30 GB classic, but I never used up all the space. Here is my thing with the videos though. I watched the episodes of a tv show, once. I watched them once, and I had no desire to watch them again. I don't watch things more than once or twice unless it is an epic thing. (like star wars). And if I am going to sit down and watch it again, I watch it on my Macbook. So I mean yeah, I have episodes on the touch, but I take them off and put them back on at will. Sometimes I take music off....it really isn't that much of a hassel. Besides where I go, normally my macbook goes, so I can do that whenever I please, and with 250 GB hdd on that...well it's all a wash. :D

I don't see a reason to get the 32GB, I think it is a lot of money for "convience"

kaly13

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
Well, as for me, I have a 16GB but I don't want a 32 GB... 'cause I don't need one. What can I tell...? With only 700 MB of music, I shouldn't even talk!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.