PDA

View Full Version : HD issues on iBook G4 running 10.4.3

RamblinScotzman
Jul 2, 2008, 08:50 AM
Well, here is my issue...

My iBook that I have had since 2002, has slowly started to fall apart. I just put in a new combo drive about a month ago and started seeing some "weird" things going on over the last six months. Basically a lot of slowing down and many spinning rainbow wheels.

Last Saturday I opened up the iBook and started surfing. Things were very slow, so I eventually decided to Restart. After that, I got the question mark folder so I put in my system disk and tried to start up with that. After hours with no luck I headed to the Apple Store. Basically they tried to mount and were not able to do so but told me to try to get my data by using it as a Target disk.

I have been trying that for about two days now and it just doesn't seem to recognize the drive. When I use Disk Utility the drive shows up and I try to verify and repair and I can hear the drive in the iBook trying to work, but basically it just does that for hours.

Since it seems that my HD is a lost cause, is there anyway to save the data on it or is there someplace that would be able to get it for me? I have so much stuff on that thing that I would really like to get... this is a horrible way for me to learn that I need to backup on a regular basis.

Help!