PDA

View Full Version : My Email from AT&T (Student/Corporate Discounted Rate Plans)

AvSRoCkCO1067
Jul 2, 2008, 12:05 PM
Dear Mr. Peters,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail the new AT&T for information on
a student discount and the iPhone 3G. I am happy to help you with your
inquiry.

Wireless numbers using the iPhone 3G will be able to receive
employee/student discounts from the monthly recurring charges. The
discount will apply to the Nation 450 plan charge and the iPhone data
plan charge. You may receive the discount on the messaging plan, but
this depends upon the student discount details.

Employment or enrollment must be verified before a business discount can
be applied to the account. In order to request/apply your discount, you
would have to visit our discount request website at http://www.wireless.att.com/discounts
. From this site you will be required to enter a work email address and
zip code, then follow the on screen instructions to have your discount
applied.

If you are unable to complete the validation process via the website,
then please select the "Don't have a work/school email address??...or
?can't validate your information?" link under the online validation
login screen for more information on completing the process.

If our online system is not able to validate your account via your
employee email address or you have no employee email address, please
call our discount center at 1-866-355-8923 7am-7pm Eastern Time to
complete the validation process.

Please have the following information available for the telephone
representative when you call:

Your wireless phone number
Your first and last name
Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
ZIP Code of your billing address
Your company's employment verification phone number or your supervisor's
full name and work phone number
Your company's Foundation Account Number (FAN)

Once the verification is completed, the discount will be applied to your
billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles. You will then be able to
view the discount on the billing statement under the ?Credits,
Adjustments, and Other Charges? section titled ?National Account
Discount.? You will see this discount applied to each statement
generated for your account while you are eligible as employed by the
company granting the discount. Keep in mind that the business discount
applies toward the primary line only of family talk shared plans. The
secondary lines are already discounted.

The iPhone 3G will be released at Apple and AT&T stores on 07/11/2008.
The link to our Store Locator is http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store
. The discounted pricing of $199.00 for the 8 gigabyte model and
$299.00 for the 16 gigabyte model is available for qualified upgrades
only. As a current iPhone user, you will be eligible to receive the
pricing listed above. An iPhone 3G upgrade requires a new 2 year
commitment and an $18.00 upgrade fee.

All 3G iPhone customers are required to have one of the new data plans
and qualifying voice plan. Customers intending to use the 3G iPhone for
access to corporate email, business applications or access to corporate
intranet are required to activate with Enterprise Data Plan for iPhone.

The 2G data rate plans will remain available for 2G devices until
further notice. Data pricing will be as follows:

Consumer Data Plan (must be added to qualified Voice plan):
$30 - Unlimited Data (Email/Web), includes Visual Voicemail

Enterprise Data Plan (must be added to qualified Voice plan):
$45 - Unlimited Data with personal and Corporate Email, Web, includes
Visual Voicemail

You can find out more information at www.att.com/iPhone. You can also
locate this information at www.att.com/wireless and select iPhone 3G on
the right had side of webpage right below my shopping cart.

Sincerely,

James Bingham
AT&T
Online Customer Care Professional

Sounds good to me! What do you think?

msantos86
Jul 2, 2008, 12:12 PM
GREAT!! I'm so glad we can close the book on that chapter!!!!

this is awesome... here i come 15% discount and iPhone 3G

ViViDboarder
Jul 2, 2008, 12:15 PM
That's awesome news!!!! Thanks so much for that. I was going to ask when I get my credit check done later but this sounds very promising. That makes the cost of the 3G phone for me the same as what everyone is paying for the 2G service (which cannot get the discount).

TheFam
Jul 2, 2008, 12:22 PM
AWESOME.

84.15 a month, here I come...

wadebarker
Jul 2, 2008, 12:26 PM
Great. I'm on the discount plan with my Blackberry 8820, glad to hear I can keep it. Any word on you have to have the Enterprise data plan for Exchange?

luckygyrl83
Jul 2, 2008, 12:34 PM
My question, in relation to this, is what if you purchase your phone from Apple? Then do you just have to still go to ATT to have them apply your discount. I dont have a work email address, but I do have badge/i.d. :D

wadebarker
Jul 2, 2008, 12:36 PM
You can do it online on AT&T's website. That's how I did it a year ago. I would assume you can add it now and it will automatically carry over to your new plan on 7/11.

And5555
Jul 2, 2008, 12:41 PM
My question, in relation to this, is what if you purchase your phone from Apple? Then do you just have to still go to ATT to have them apply your discount. I dont have a work email address, but I do have badge/i.d. :D

It would be much smoother if you do this:
1. Contact your HR representative where you work and find out your FAN number (Foundation Account Number) for Cingular/AT&T; they should be able to at least point you to someone who has this information unless your company sucks on organization.
2. Go to an AT&T store to buy your phone and give them your FAN #, bringing your badge (and maybe even a paystub) in case they ask questions.

UCLAkers
Jul 2, 2008, 01:22 PM
quick question. so I'm a student (15% student discount at my school I think) but my older sister is also getting the 3G. she's a recent grad, but her school e-mail addy still works at the AT&T premier discount verification website. she said she typed in her school e-mail and it sent something to that address and that it seemed like it was gonna work. is there further verification needed after this process?? any others doing this and successfully receiving discounts on AT&T phone/iphone plans?

thanks in advance.

crees!
Jul 2, 2008, 01:31 PM
Yea 25% discount!

Sixth Gauge
Jul 2, 2008, 01:59 PM
quick question. so I'm a student (15% student discount at my school I think) but my older sister is also getting the 3G. she's a recent grad, but her school e-mail addy still works at the AT&T premier discount verification website. she said she typed in her school e-mail and it sent something to that address and that it seemed like it was gonna work. is there further verification needed after this process?? any others doing this and successfully receiving discounts on AT&T phone/iphone plans?

thanks in advance.I'm rather curious of this as well. My mom is the owner of my account, but I tried it anyways. I signed up with a school email I no longer attend, and it was verified. When it asked for my SSN, I entered my own (not my mom's) and was a bit worried I would be denied if the SSN wasn't the account holder's. Like I said it was verified and I now have the University's FAN number in the upper right corner of my account.

After further review, will ATT figure it out?

Cnasty
Jul 3, 2008, 02:54 AM
Yea 25% discount!

Here too! Found out today and I was pumped! Basically getting the same price for my plan just a jazzy new iPhone to play with. :cool:

coolb0yalex
Jul 3, 2008, 05:03 AM
I thought that they didn't allow discounts for the iPhone still? I guess they changed it.... right?

jmpmntwnty3
Jul 3, 2008, 08:56 AM
Wait ... so not only will I be able to get a discount on my plan, but I'll be able to get a discount on the iPhone too???

citron230
Jul 3, 2008, 08:58 AM
WOW,, that's great.

absolutic
Jul 3, 2008, 09:42 AM
ok so how do I find the correct FAN number? On the AT&T Premier webpage, at the bottom it gives me 2 FAN numbers:
CA COLA/GOVERNMENT EMP Foundation Account Numbers: TDMA 00016912, GSM 00061918

Which of the two numbers is the one I take to AT&T store on the 11th?

absolutic
Jul 3, 2008, 09:47 AM
Wait ... so not only will I be able to get a discount on my plan, but I'll be able to get a discount on the iPhone too???

no the woman i echatted with on support page said discounts only on service not on iphone equipment

absolutic
Jul 3, 2008, 09:49 AM
I thought that they didn't allow discounts for the iPhone still? I guess they changed it.... right?

no discounts on old iphone because they claimed it had 'special' monthly rates, since the new iphone's rates are going up and they are just like service rates for any other phone, they are treating it like any other phone and giving you the same discounts as they would for any other phone

powaking
Jul 3, 2008, 02:05 PM
Yippie! 27% here I come.

jmpmntwnty3
Jul 3, 2008, 05:25 PM
no the woman i echatted with on support page said discounts only on service not on iphone equipment

Ahh okay, that's not too bad. So about this plan discount :D What are the numbers percentage-wise? Are they standard, or do they depend on the University?

elbirth
Jul 3, 2008, 05:30 PM
so who wants to hook me up with a way to get a 25% discount? ;) My education discount is only 15%

mikeyredk
Jul 3, 2008, 07:36 PM
While in for a credit check at the ATT store they told me that the discount will only apply for voice services not the data…

shyrock
Jul 3, 2008, 07:54 PM
In this thread about the paperwork the sales reps at att received, it appears that discounts may not be available when reading the fine print..."There are no equipment or monthly service discounts available with the purchase of an iPhone" :confused::

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=510547&page=3

thechidz
Jul 3, 2008, 08:54 PM
In this thread about the paperwork the sales reps at att received, it appears that discounts may not be available when reading the fine print..."There are no equipment or monthly service discounts available with the purchase of an iPhone" :confused::

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=510547&page=3

that is for the 2G iPhone... the 3G will be different

cheapa55
Jul 3, 2008, 08:58 PM
Yippie! 27% here I come.

27%!!!! who do you work for?

hokeydays
Jul 3, 2008, 09:03 PM
I have a family plan. 2 phones right now, and will be adding the 3G on 7/11.

currently, my corp. discount applies to my base monthly fee of $50, and not to my total bill (50 plus 2nd phone of 9.99).

I plan to add a 3G and will then have a total of 3 phones, 3G plus two Nokia flip phones. Is it possible to make my 3G phone that I will be adding to be the primary number so that I can get my corp. discount on the most expensive item (50 plus the 30 data rate, $80 bucks?)

bavarian3
Jul 3, 2008, 09:19 PM

ATT is allowing FAN discounts on 2G phones now. Ask me how I know.:apple:

ijohnw
Jul 3, 2008, 09:24 PM

Are they really? I have a FAN number on my account since day 1 and i haven't received any discounts on my bill for the 2g iphone...

gibbz
Jul 3, 2008, 09:25 PM
same here.

shyrock
Jul 3, 2008, 09:58 PM

The paperwork is claimed to be what sales reps got on the 3g Iphone...I will continue to hope that discounts will work, cuz there shouldn't be any reason why it doesn't.

bavarian3
Jul 3, 2008, 10:39 PM
Are they really? I have a FAN number on my account since day 1 and i haven't received any discounts on my bill for the 2g iphone...

Interesting. Did you apply the FAN discount when you had the iphone; or were you already an ATT customer before?

thechidz
Jul 4, 2008, 01:30 AM

how do you know?:p

ijohnw
Jul 4, 2008, 11:06 PM
Interesting. Did you apply the FAN discount when you had the iphone; or were you already an ATT customer before?

I wasn't an att user before I got the iphone...so right after I got the iphone, I added the FAN to my ATT account...never received one discount to my bill...after 3 months of having it on there I was told by ATT sorry the iphone plans don't have discounts on them...GRR..i hope they start now!

bavarian3
Jul 4, 2008, 11:18 PM
ijohn,

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense since there was no future 3G phone coming out that offers FAN discount. I was told by an ATT rep that iphone (2Gs) will be allowing FAN discounts, (voice/data not on phone price) due to allowance of 3G discounts. I just received my first bill but can't open it up (pdf) until the next bill cycle.

ijohnw
Jul 4, 2008, 11:23 PM
ijohn,

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense since there was no future 3G phone coming out that offers FAN discount. I was told by an ATT rep that iphone (2Gs) will be allowing FAN discounts, (voice/data not on phone price) due to allowance of 3G discounts. I just received my first bill but can't open it up (pdf) until the next bill cycle.

very interesting...did they say when the iphone 2g plans will be allowing fan discounts? i haven't gotten the new bill yet on att..im going to have to keep my eye open on it

ugp
Jul 5, 2008, 07:51 AM
I received 15% off for working at Radio Shack. There are many places that receive 25% and up. There is one company that receives 35% off, I just can't remember who. I will have to look this up.

JMax1
Jul 5, 2008, 08:19 AM
Done!

So now all I have to do is wait 1-2 billing cycles!!

sarahg-apnp
Jul 5, 2008, 08:33 AM
I was told by an AT&T rep they won't do any discounting on the iphones or plans. When I looked at my plan (which I get a 15% buisness discount) it said in the discount box on the right of the screen in ( ) that iphone plans (didn't specify which version) weren't included.

Sarah

acousticbiker
Jul 5, 2008, 08:35 AM
I'll be a new AT&T customer on 7/11 and trying to decide whether to go to an AT&T or Apple store. I'd like to go to the Apple store but I have some doubts whether they'd be able to handle the FAN discount logistics. My question is whether the FAN discount can be added after activation or whether the contract must be initiated in a certain way to get the discount.

ijohnw
Jul 5, 2008, 08:40 AM
I'll be a new AT&T customer on 7/11 and trying to decide whether to go to an AT&T or Apple store. I'd like to go to the Apple store but I have some doubts whether they'd be able to handle the FAN discount logistics. My question is whether the FAN discount can be added after activation or whether the contract must be initiated in a certain way to get the discount.

I believe you can add the FAN at anytime...after i signed up for the first iphone, I had to email my company id in since I didn't have an email address...

I have also heard you can go to the ATT store and they can do it for you there....you might want to call your local att store so you know exactly what documents you need!

ugp
Jul 5, 2008, 09:01 AM
2G iPhones did not received discounts because the plans were revenue sharing with Apple. Steve Jobs did not allow discounts due to he would receive less money. Now that the plans are no longer revenue sharing I am sure you will be able to like others are reporting.

powaking
Jul 5, 2008, 10:02 AM

HP

powaking
Jul 5, 2008, 10:06 AM
I was told by an AT&T rep they won't do any discounting on the iphones or plans. When I looked at my plan (which I get a 15% buisness discount) it said in the discount box on the right of the screen in ( ) that iphone plans (didn't specify which version) weren't included.

Sarah

Here is what I got from AT&T when asking about upgrading one of my phones on a Family Plan to the new 3g iphone:

"Upon reviewing your concern, I would like to advise that your understanding is correct. Your line ending in xxxx is eligible to purchase the iPhone for $199 for 8GB (black) and $299 for 16GB (black or white), with an $18 upgrade fee billed to the following statement. The iPhone Unlimited Data plan for $30 is required, as well as a two year agreement."

So looks like if you have a family plan and are upgrading one of the phones you just need to add the data plan to the phone in the family plan that will be the new iphone.

cWeems
Jul 5, 2008, 10:48 AM

he'd probably have to kill you...........

cWeems
Jul 5, 2008, 10:49 AM
ok so how do I find the correct FAN number? On the AT&T Premier webpage, at the bottom it gives me 2 FAN numbers:
CA COLA/GOVERNMENT EMP Foundation Account Numbers: TDMA 00016912, GSM 00061918

Which of the two numbers is the one I take to AT&T store on the 11th?

lol GSM.... unless u have a TDMA phone???

ugp
Jul 5, 2008, 02:18 PM
They won't even activate TDMA anymore and most towers have been shut off.

cWeems
Jul 5, 2008, 02:58 PM
They won't even activate TDMA anymore and most towers have been shut off.

what??! dont they have a TDMA iPhone??

ugp
Jul 5, 2008, 05:12 PM
what??! dont they have a TDMA iPhone??

LMAO! That line just made my day.

Magico
Jul 5, 2008, 06:30 PM

I believe you can add the FAN at anytime...after i signed up for the first iphone, I had to email my company id in since I didn't have an email address...

I have also heard you can go to the ATT store and they can do it for you there....you might want to call your local att store so you know exactly what documents you need!

I was told in order to use the FAN discount it had to be at a AT&T store.

DanielQ
Jul 5, 2008, 07:41 PM
What if I will be a new customer.... can I still get the discount?

AustinSTI
Jul 5, 2008, 09:14 PM
My FAN is on my account (logged in and checked) but no discount applied this billing cycle. My account has 2 2g iphones on a family share...

WilliamG
Jul 5, 2008, 09:43 PM
I'll believe these discounts when I see them. What does the original e-mail even mean? Data and voice plans? There's no such thing, since it's all bundled into one now. And ONLY to the Nation 450 plan? What? Eh?

Again, believe it when I see it.I hope it's true. 3G iPhone will be mine, then.

kvasir
Jul 5, 2008, 09:51 PM
I'll believe these discounts when I see them. What does the original e-mail even mean? Data and voice plans? There's no such thing, since it's all bundled into one now. And ONLY to the Nation 450 plan? What? Eh?

Again, believe it when I see it.I hope it's true. 3G iPhone will be mine, then.

No, not only to the Nation 450 plan, that's likely the plan the OP was inquiring about.

There is such thing as separate voice and data plans. I'm adding the $30 data plan to my current Family Talk 550 plan. You're not limited to the choices on the iPhone website, it just simplifies the charges for you.

AvSRoCkCO1067
Jul 5, 2008, 10:10 PM
No, not only to the Nation 450 plan, that's likely the plan the OP was inquiring about.

There is such thing as separate voice and data plans. I'm adding the $30 data plan to my current Family Talk 550 plan. You're not limited to the choices on the iPhone website, it just simplifies the charges for you.

That's correct - I was inquiring about the Nation 450 plan.

And you're correct - the data plan and voice plan are actually separate plans (they just are bundled on the main page to simplify things).

WilliamG
Jul 5, 2008, 11:21 PM
Fair enough! Thank you. We'll see how it goes come Friday. Then, count me in. :)

KapitanIksrog
Jul 5, 2008, 11:30 PM
I had them add my corp discount FAN number to my account when I bought the iphone on launch day last year. I get no discount now but it is visible on my account and if I "pretend" that I am signing up for a new plan on say a blackberry, the discount of 25% is visible. Good deal for me as it will be slightly less per month than the original plan.

Rithem
Jul 6, 2008, 01:33 AM
My college email doesn't work :( Hopefully I can get a discount when I get go to the AT&T store on the 23rd to get it :)

dnguyen
Jul 6, 2008, 04:13 AM
I just entered all of my email information and did the comfirmation.

I have the FAN # on my account, but am wondering how I find out what % discount I get? Is there a way to see or do I have to wait until the changes are reflected in the bills?

pianos101
Jul 6, 2008, 10:21 AM

I have the FAN # on my account, but am wondering how I find out what % discount I get? Is there a way to see or do I have to wait until the changes are reflected in the bills?

Just "pretend" to sign up for an new account and browse the plan prices. You'll see "original price" and a cheaper price in bold, which would be your discount price on the plans.

WPB2
Jul 6, 2008, 10:27 AM
Can anybody tell me if William Carey University gets a discount? I dont have a way to validate the website says enter your att mobil number but I dont have a number yet. I am omving from Alltel to ATT on the 11th, but i sure would like to know if I get a discount. If any knows of a website with a list of the schools that get a discount that would help me out. I get a discount from apple for my student status. Help!

pianos101
Jul 6, 2008, 10:31 AM
https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/?_requestid=9571

EDIT: duh you don't have a number yet... maybe that won't work :)

cWeems
Jul 6, 2008, 11:14 AM
Just "pretend" to sign up for an new account and browse the plan prices. You'll see "original price" and a cheaper price in bold, which would be your discount price on the plans.

call cust service or go into a store they can see it, or yea jus wait for the bill, either or

iqwertyi
Jul 6, 2008, 11:32 AM
Well, I hope the person I spoke it was incorrect then.
I work for a company that gets 15% off ATT, then my friend who's a teacher told me that he used to have the 15% off till he got the 2G iPhone, then they took it out.

I'm not currently with ATT so I called them to verify, he says any other phone/plan the 15% applies to, but not on the iPhone plan.

I'm buying it anyway and I guess just cross my fingers that the guy didn't know what he was talking about.

cWeems
Jul 6, 2008, 11:52 AM
Well, I hope the person I spoke it was incorrect then.
I work for a company that gets 15% off ATT, then my friend who's a teacher told me that he used to have the 15% off till he got the 2G iPhone, then they took it out.

I'm not currently with ATT so I called them to verify, he says any other phone/plan the 15% applies to, but not on the iPhone plan.

I'm buying it anyway and I guess just cross my fingers that the guy didn't know what he was talking about.

correct, discounts to the iphone plans it never applied... but to iphone 3G they will ;) finally...

ugp
Jul 6, 2008, 01:27 PM
I currently receive my discount on my primary line being my girlfriends is the way I set it up so I can get a bigger discount. Just the iPhone line is the only one that does not receive the discount.

cWeems
Jul 6, 2008, 01:52 PM
I currently receive my discount on my primary line being my girlfriends is the way I set it up so I can get a bigger discount. Just the iPhone line is the only one that does not receive the discount.

yea it never applies to the additional lines, so its good u got the iphone on that one

Dayron14
Jul 6, 2008, 02:12 PM
ok so i'm in a family plan. we have five lines in the account. does that mean that we can put all of our schools and stuff info? or do we just put the account holder's info.

like my dad is the owner of the account....so do i just enter his info or can i also add mine and my mom's?

im a little confused..:confused:

cWeems
Jul 6, 2008, 02:43 PM
ok so i'm in a family plan. we have five lines in the account. does that mean that we can put all of our schools and stuff info? or do we just put the account holder's info.

like my dad is the owner of the account....so do i just enter his info or can i also add mine and my mom's?

im a little confused..:confused:

no just one discount per account, and yes it has to be the discount of the account holder so where ever ur dad works.

ugp
Jul 6, 2008, 04:11 PM
I can add FAN numbers at work. I setup my own discount.

Dayron14
Jul 6, 2008, 04:14 PM
no just one discount per account, and yes it has to be the discount of the account holder so where ever ur dad works.

ok thanks!...now i have to ask him if he already did the request.:)

WilliamG
Jul 6, 2008, 09:24 PM
Employees (of pretty much any company) are well known not to really know the facts, so I wish there were some definitive proof that FAN discounts are going to apply here. Be nice not to psyche myself up for new iPhones if this isn't the case. For me it's simple. If I get my FAN discount, I'll get two new iPhones. If not, I will get zero new iPhones. :)

Friday can't come soon enough, I guess!

If it does apply, this means you can apply the discount to a 2-person family plan? Or does it only work on single plans?

Waterpolo820
Jul 6, 2008, 09:28 PM
If it does apply, this means you can apply the discount to a 2-person family plan? Or does it only work on single plans?

I am wondering the same thing...

okied90
Jul 6, 2008, 09:54 PM
I used to get 22%, but lost it when I got the first iphone. I wasn't thinking about getting a 3g, but if I can get the discount back, I would consider getting one. It will offset the extra $15 charges.
I remember getting my business account number you will have to fill out some paper with a picture id

cWeems
Jul 6, 2008, 11:52 PM
Employees (of pretty much any company) are well known not to really know the facts, so I wish there were some definitive proof that FAN discounts are going to apply here. Be nice not to psyche myself up for new iPhones if this isn't the case. For me it's simple. If I get my FAN discount, I'll get two new iPhones. If not, I will get zero new iPhones. :)

Friday can't come soon enough, I guess!

whether there is one line or 5 lines, FAN discounts only apply to the primary line on the account. so if there are 5 lines on a family plan it will apply to the primary line only... if u had 5 individual plans it would apply to all of them. just works on the base family plans/individual plans...

cWeems
Jul 6, 2008, 11:55 PM
I used to get 22%, but lost it when I got the first iphone. I wasn't thinking about getting a 3g, but if I can get the discount back, I would consider getting one. It will offset the extra $15 charges.
I remember getting my business account number you will have to fill out some paper with a picture id

u didnt actually lose the discount off the account, well ill say u didnt lose the FAN number off of the account, u just stopped seeing the discount come off of your bill every month once u got the iphone, if u get the iphone 3G your discount will automatically kick back into effect. if for some reason someone physically went into your account and took that FAN number off, which nobody would ever have a reason to do so, u could just re add it on when u get the new iphone and it will apply

beccajk
Jul 7, 2008, 12:02 AM
wow! thanks for posting this! i had NO idea i could get a student discount with AT&T! no one ever told me! those jerks... anyway you've just officially helped me cut down my phone bill!! THANKS!

WilliamG
Jul 7, 2008, 09:33 AM
whether there is one line or 5 lines, FAN discounts only apply to the primary line on the account. so if there are 5 lines on a family plan it will apply to the primary line only... if u had 5 individual plans it would apply to all of them. just works on the base family plans/individual plans...

I don't follow. If I get the "base" 1400 minute family plan, will the FAN discount apply?

cWeems
Jul 7, 2008, 10:09 AM
I don't follow. If I get the "base" 1400 minute family plan, will the FAN discount apply?

yes.
1400m plan (ex. 3 lines)
$80 primary, discount would come off of this line
$9.99 secondary, no discounts
$9.99 secondary, no discounts.

say u had 3 indivdual 450m plans instead.
$39.99 ind plan, discount applies

so only primaries on family plans, and any individual plan.

AustinSTI
Jul 7, 2008, 12:40 PM
Don't get your hopes up folks. I'm on the line with ATT right now. The first rep said it would apply but had to transfer me for some reason. The second rep said it wouldn't apply to either 2g or 3g.

I told him that's not what I've heard and its not what the previous rep said so he's checking with someone else.

I've got a 2G family plan with 2 2G iphones...its important to me to find out whether 3G is eligible too cause for $199 if I get the discount...

Update: I'm still getting jerked around. I just read the email from Mr. Bingham and he's clueless. He's gonna conference me in with someone else cause I told him I want to speak with someone who can apply the discount...
Update: ATT says discount applies to 3G ONLY. 2G does not get a discount. If you hear differently post the rep's name please. Patricia said so...

cWeems
Jul 7, 2008, 12:44 PM
Don't get your hopes up folks. I'm on the line with ATT right now. The first rep said it would apply but had to transfer me for some reason. The second rep said it wouldn't apply to either 2g or 3g.

I told him that's not what I've heard and its not what the previous rep said so he's checking with someone else.

I've got a 2G family plan with 2 2G iphones...its important to me to find out whether 3G is eligible too cause for $199 if I get the discount...

yes i am converting to a consumer account and applying my discount to it w/ the iphones... u can get ur discount dont worry. those reps jus dont read their emails..

thechidz
Jul 7, 2008, 02:15 PM
Update: ATT says discount applies to 3G ONLY. 2G does not get a discount. If you hear differently post the rep's name please. Patricia said so...

this is what I said all along. Victoria Clark told me this and sent me an email with instructions when I upgrade

cliffrouse11bas
Jul 7, 2008, 03:58 PM
Would a school teacher get this discount?

skierdb526
Jul 7, 2008, 04:34 PM
Would a school teacher get this discount?

yes

WilliamG
Jul 7, 2008, 04:52 PM
yes.
1400m plan (ex. 3 lines)
$80 primary, discount would come off of this line
$9.99 secondary, no discounts
$9.99 secondary, no discounts.

say u had 3 indivdual 450m plans instead.

so only primaries on family plans, and any individual plan.

Thank you again. But what is this secondary business? $9.99? I thought the family 1400 minute plan is $149.99. Is there an extra $9.99 to pay, too?

Just trying to prepare myself for total cost for 2 lines total, family plan, 1400 minutes....

Thanks again...

PS The text plans, AT&T make it sound like the only text plan is unlimited for $30 for a family plan. Can you add the $5 plan for 200 texts per person instead, so $10 for two people? And does texting include international texts? Thank!

BOSS10L
Jul 7, 2008, 05:49 PM
Nice

cheapa55
Jul 7, 2008, 06:59 PM
what kind of proof do we need to provide in order to receive the discount?

Waterpolo820
Jul 7, 2008, 07:50 PM
what kind of proof do we need to provide in order to receive the discount?

A badge/I.D. from your work / school.

cWeems
Jul 7, 2008, 07:54 PM
Thank you again. But what is this secondary business? $9.99? I thought the family 1400 minute plan is $149.99. Is there an extra $9.99 to pay, too?

Just trying to prepare myself for total cost for 2 lines total, family plan, 1400 minutes....

Thanks again...

PS The text plans, AT&T make it sound like the only text plan is unlimited for $30 for a family plan. Can you add the $5 plan for 200 texts per person instead, so $10 for two people? And does texting include international texts? Thank!

the 1400 min plan assumes both phones are iphones, so it is as follows
($'s)
80 - primary 1400m plan
9.99 - secondary line attached to 1400m plan
30 - iphone 3g data
30 - iphone 3g data
-----------------

and yes u can add the smaller text packages if u want to, u dont have to get unlimited.

edit: so if one if the phones is not an iphone jus take off one of the $30 data plans.

Waterpolo820
Jul 7, 2008, 07:55 PM
I have a quick question. I heard that if you want a corporate discount that you would HAVE to go to the AT&T store, but I don't want to, so I can just buy it from the Apple store, sign up for a family contract w/ 2 iPhones, and then later go down to the AT&T store and activate my discount there right??

cWeems
Jul 7, 2008, 07:57 PM
I have a quick question. I heard that if you want a corporate discount that you would HAVE to go to the AT&T store, but I don't want to, so I can just buy it from the Apple store, sign up for a family contract w/ 2 iPhones, and then later go down to the AT&T store and activate my discount there right??

ya u can go and put ur discount on whenever u want, u dont have to do it at the time of purchase

Waterpolo820
Jul 7, 2008, 08:04 PM
ya u can go and put ur discount on whenever u want, u dont have to do it at the time of purchase

That sounds god to me!!!

themiracle
Jul 7, 2008, 08:18 PM
So, just to be sure, the student discounts can apply to any student, right? I just want to make sure there isn't something like it only applies to certain universities, like the varied corporate discounts.

okied90
Jul 7, 2008, 08:41 PM
u didnt actually lose the discount off the account, well ill say u didnt lose the FAN number off of the account, u just stopped seeing the discount come off of your bill every month once u got the iphone, if u get the iphone 3G your discount will automatically kick back into effect. if for some reason someone physically went into your account and took that FAN number off, which nobody would ever have a reason to do so, u could just re add it on when u get the new iphone and it will apply

Thanks, cWeens. My fan number still shows on my account. I tried to ask an employee at the att store that I deliver to, but there going to get some more information for me and tell me tomorrow.

cWeems
Jul 7, 2008, 08:56 PM
So, just to be sure, the student discounts can apply to any student, right? I just want to make sure there isn't something like it only applies to certain universities, like the varied corporate discounts.

only certain universities, PM me yours and ill check it tomorrow.

cheapa55
Jul 7, 2008, 08:58 PM
A badge/I.D. from your work / school.

Thanks!

eyespii
Jul 7, 2008, 09:37 PM
so i've read through this thread, and i'm still a little confused. my gf and I are considering getting the new iphone. We'd both be new customers to ATT.

My GF gets a 20% discount through her university, and I only qualify for 5%. So let's say the two of us signed up for a 700 minute shared plan at $130, and then tacked on unlimited texts for a total of $160/mo. Would she be able to apply her 20% discount to the whole thing, making it $128 ($160*.8) all in?

Someone tell me if my line of thinking is correct here...

WilliamG
Jul 7, 2008, 09:52 PM
the 1400 min plan assumes both phones are iphones, so it is as follows
($'s)
80 - primary 1400m plan
9.99 - secondary line attached to 1400m plan
30 - iphone 3g data
30 - iphone 3g data
-----------------

and yes u can add the smaller text packages if u want to, u dont have to get unlimited.

edit: so if one if the phones is not an iphone jus take off one of the $30 data plans.

Alright. I got it. Thanks for the clarification. Now to wait till Friday and see if my IBM FAN will work....

MV ROB
Jul 7, 2008, 10:30 PM
Why is it everytime i call ATT, they all say the FAN discounts dont apply to the iphone. I specifically agreed that for the first gen that was true but told them for the new 3G discounts will be allowed. Is there anything official posted so i can call back yet again.

bubbagumpshrimp
Jul 7, 2008, 10:42 PM
Question, If im attending a university and I graduate will the FAN discount still apply through the entire 2year agreement with ATT?

thechidz
Jul 7, 2008, 10:55 PM
1. Other
2. Attention: 99 rockingham park, salem NH: Cust is traveling to your area for buisness and is wanting to upgrade to the new Iphone. Cust is IRU and can only upgrade in a corp store. Cust lives in WI and there are no corp stores in 100 mile radius. we are asking if at all possible to upgrade phone in your market. If you can process upgrade make sure that customers business discount is added back on as the New Iphone is able to receive service discount on both voice and data. Please refer to specific notes in the account. Victoria Clark

Please allow 1-2 bill cycles for this transaction to reflect on your next bill and account summary. If you have further questions about your AT&T business needs, please refer to http://www.att.com/business or by calling us at (800) 331-0500.

Sincerely,

Victoria C.
Business Markets Group (BMG) Customer Services

this is from the email I got. You will get the discount don't worry

joeshell383
Jul 7, 2008, 10:59 PM
Can anybody tell me if William Carey University gets a discount? I dont have a way to validate the website says enter your att mobil number but I dont have a number yet. I am omving from Alltel to ATT on the 11th, but i sure would like to know if I get a discount. If any knows of a website with a list of the schools that get a discount that would help me out. I get a discount from apple for my student status. Help!

This is the link you're looking for:

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/

joeshell383
Jul 7, 2008, 11:02 PM

cWeems
Jul 7, 2008, 11:03 PM
Why is it everytime i call ATT, they all say the FAN discounts dont apply to the iphone. I specifically agreed that for the first gen that was true but told them for the new 3G discounts will be allowed. Is there anything official posted so i can call back yet again.

they said iphone... or iphone 3G??

joeshell383
Jul 7, 2008, 11:10 PM

Go to the link that AT&T sent to your e-mail or the AT&T Premier home page for your organization
Click on "Plans" (right in the middle of the page)
Enter your ZIP Code and Submit
Once you are on the Plans screen, click "Support" at the top
Click on "What are My Discounts?"

ichett
Jul 8, 2008, 12:15 AM

What if I already have corporate discount from work.
If i want to buy an iPhone, do i have to go to ATT store to buy one or can i go to Apple store to buy an iphone?

cWeems
Jul 8, 2008, 09:34 AM
What if I already have corporate discount from work.
If i want to buy an iPhone, do i have to go to ATT store to buy one or can i go to Apple store to buy an iphone?

no u can buy it where ever u want

ichett
Jul 8, 2008, 11:33 AM

thank you,

thechidz
Jul 8, 2008, 01:16 PM

thats not what I was told, but I think it varies depending on company and type of account... I have to upgrade at an ATT store

airlights
Jul 8, 2008, 02:06 PM
Very strange question, I know. I am currently under the Air Force FAN number on my wireless account information. Will I have to revalidate that information for the plan to be applied? Should I call up AT&T after I activate my iPhone 3G? Also, does anyone actually know if the Air Force FAN covers family of employees?

I didn't even ask to be signed up for it. My father is enlisted, so I use my military ID as my primary -- I don't have a driver's license. Anyway the cashier who set up my account when I bought the first iPhone noticed and just put me under it. Heh.

ichett
Jul 8, 2008, 10:04 PM

What about upgrading? from current iphone to new 3G iphone?

AustinSTI
Jul 9, 2008, 07:56 AM
thats not what I was told, but I think it varies depending on company and type of account... I have to upgrade at an ATT store

You can buy wherever you want and apply the FAN via the website noted earlier.

In addition if you have a 2G with a FAN on your account and buy a 3G the discount will automatically apply if the 3G is the primary line. I'd call ATT after you buy your 3G to be sure..

pianos101
Jul 9, 2008, 08:59 AM
SO I just called ATT, which connects me to business customer care because my FAN number is attached to my account, and the guy was PRETTY adamant that there will be no discounts whatsoever on any iphone. I kept on stating that i'm talking about the NEW iphone coming out this friday but he seemed pretty sure. He wanted to give me Apple's number to call them; like that would help..

Has anybody heard OFFICIALLY what the word on this is? I'm getting really annoyed at this, since the discounts would make this phone's service be cheaper than what i'm paying with my current iphone.....

macmikey2
Jul 9, 2008, 09:14 AM
https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/?_requestid=9571

EDIT: duh you don't have a number yet... maybe that won't work :)

I just tried that link with my personal email, just for ha ha. Here's what I got back:

Get Help with the Validation Process

Did you give us your work/school email address? We could not match the email you provided with our list of qualified organizations.
Please visit your local AT&T Mobility retail store to attach your wireless number to your company or school Foundation Account Number (FAN).

IMPORTANT: Discounts may only be applied at a company owned AT&T store. A pay stub, ID or other proof of employment or school enrollment is required to determine eligibility.

cwc123188
Jul 9, 2008, 10:10 AM
Anyone who knows if those who receive school discounts can go to an Apple Store instead of AT&T to get the phone?

Thanks!

macmikey2
Jul 9, 2008, 10:36 AM
?

macmikey2
Jul 9, 2008, 10:37 AM
Anyone who knows if those who receive school discounts can go to an Apple Store instead of AT&T to get the phone?

Thanks!

Well, according to the info I got (in my post above) it says you have to go to a company owned store to get your discounts Not sure about the phone. Others have posted you can get the phone and then go to ATT to get discount added

jonbatlanta
Jul 9, 2008, 10:58 AM
I just spoke with a representative with this very same question, because the website totally confused me on this issue. This is my understanding:

- If you have an existing individual account to which a FAN corporate discount is already being applied, you can purchase your iPhone 3G at either an at&t store OR an Apple Store. The discount will simply be carried over to the new plan, just the same as if you bought any new phone.

- If you haven't had the individual discount applied to your account yet, the Apple Store will not be able to do it at the time of purchase, but the at&t store will. If you buy the 3G at an Apple Store, then you can simply call at&t or go to the website after your purchase to have the discount applied. It may not be immediate, but you will still be able to get the discount.

- If you have an enterprise account (that is, your phone goes through a massive corporate deal with at&t and your company pays for it, generally), that's when you MUST go to an at&t store.

Hope this clears everything up, or anyone correct me if they get different info.

BTW, this is my first post, but i've been following these boards for a year, and you all are most, most, most helpful.

Cnasty
Jul 9, 2008, 11:15 AM
- If you have an existing individual account to which a FAN corporate discount is already being applied, you can purchase your iPhone 3G at either an at&t store OR an Apple Store. The discount will simply be carried over to the new plan, just the same as if you bought any new phone.

I thought if you dont CURRENTLY have an iPhone and are upgrading to an iPhone and you have a FAN account, you MUST go to an ATT store?? Wasnt this released in the latest news thing recently on who can go where???

That would be great news instead of me getting to an ATT store at like 4 in the morning. I could wait in line at an Apple store instead. Im so confused?!?!:confused:

ichett
Jul 9, 2008, 11:54 AM
SO I just called ATT, which connects me to business customer care because my FAN number is attached to my account, and the guy was PRETTY adamant that there will be no discounts whatsoever on any iphone. I kept on stating that i'm talking about the NEW iphone coming out this friday but he seemed pretty sure. He wanted to give me Apple's number to call them; like that would help..

Has anybody heard OFFICIALLY what the word on this is? I'm getting really annoyed at this, since the discounts would make this phone's service be cheaper than what i'm paying with my current iphone.....

I was having the same issue.
I went to an ATT store, called ATT twice and called Apple.
Apple could not help me. (Called Tuesday)
The Att store rep said i could buy it either at apple or ATT but didn't seem to know what he was talking about. (Tuesday)
One Att phone rep said I shouldn't have an issue where i buy it. (Monday)
Another ATT phone rep "recommended" i go to the ATT store because of my FAN discont. (Tuesday)

Then i emailed ATT and got this response.

"Your account is not designated as a business account and you may upgrade
to the iPhone 3G at an Apple store. The iPhone 3G will be released at
Apple and AT&T stores on 07/11/2008. The link to our Store Locator is http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store
. A new 2 year commitment and an $18.00 upgrade fee is required for
iPhone 3G upgrades"

I would try to get it in writing incase you do run into some problems.

Cnasty
Jul 9, 2008, 11:59 AM
I just called my Apple store and they didnt seem to know anything about the FAN thing...sad.

I called ATT and they said I was able to go to either Apple or their store.

I did the chat thing and they said either as well.

Keep in mind I currently have a FAN attached to my account, do not have the iPhone and will be paying $400 as I am not upgrade elgible as of yet.

I think I will still hit the ATT store to be safe. Just dont know when to get there. Thinking 4 or 5 should be fine.

Cobra2001
Jul 9, 2008, 01:02 PM
In a way, I'm happy the phone is being released at 8 a.m. and I can't go until after work to get mine. I'm sure we'll see posts from people saying whether or not they had success keeping the FAN discount on their line when going to the Apple Store for the phone and activation.

Unfortunately for those that will be going first thing in the morning, this won't help you but worse case you go to the Apple store, find out you need to remove the discount before activation, then activate and then reapply the discount when you get home. It sounds like this method would work.

Now I just hope they still have iPhones in stock by 6 p.m. on Friday :D

Spiffyis5150
Jul 9, 2008, 02:40 PM
I just wanted to post this here as an FYI. This was taken from a thread on the Apple forum @ HowardForums.com. This explanation makes very good sense and I think gives people with a FAN attached a good answer:

I called the apple store. Background info: I currently have 3 phones, 2 iPhones and 1 Blackjack II. My 2 iPhone lines are eligible for discount upgrade regardless of the fact that all current iPhones being eligible to upgrade. I have a FAN # attached to my account but this is my personal account. My employer does not pay for my phone service and the wireless bill does not go to them.

The Apple store stated that I can upgrade at either ATT or Apple. They can not upgrade corporate accounts where the bill goes direct to the employer or the account contract is with the employer and the employee receives the bill directly regardless of who pays the bill.

I believe from this info that it's clear that if YOUR name(not your company's) is on the contract even if you have a FAN, then you're ok to go to either store. It's the situation where your name is not on the contract that causes the problem with business accounts and thus the requirement to go to the AT&T store.

Waterpolo820
Jul 9, 2008, 07:49 PM
Well I just talked to a manager of an AT&T store and she said that the iPhone 3G isn't even capable of having a FAN # applied to it, she said that she is looking at a list of black listed phones and the iPhone 3G is on that list.

But she did say that it will be in the future (now if that is release date, i don't know) so I am really confused... Then she said that it would have to be purchased at the AT&T store to apply later on..

I have a last question... Will we be able to apply a FAN # if we buy it at the Apple store?? this question is getting on my nerves!! Cause I want to buy it at the Apple store, but I want to use my 25% discount! I know it is pretty much a mixed debate as I can see from the above posts... but, if someone were wanting to add a FAN # after the account was set up, isn't that what the online thing is for, were you enter your email and number???
Gosh I am so frustrated with this system!! :(

pianos101
Jul 9, 2008, 08:12 PM
Well I just talked to a manager of an AT&T store and she said that the iPhone 3G isn't even capable of having a FAN # applied to it, she said that she is looking at a list of black listed phones and the iPhone 3G is on that list.

But she did say that it will be in the future (now if that is release date, i don't know) so I am really confused... Then she said that it would have to be purchased at the AT&T store to apply later on..

I have a last question... Will we be able to apply a FAN # if we buy it at the Apple store?? this question is getting on my nerves!! Cause I want to buy it at the Apple store, but I want to use my 25% discount! I know it is pretty much a mixed debate as I can see from the above posts... but, if someone were wanting to add a FAN # after the account was set up, isn't that what the online thing is for, were you enter your email and number???

I'll put it this way: FAN numbers are associated to ACCOUNTS, and not to specific phones or plans. Once you "attach" a FAN number to you ACCOUNT, then if you have a qualifying phone/plan then discounts will automatically be taken off your account. When I log in I see my FAN number, but since I have an iphone I get no discounts.

YES, you will be able to EASILY fill out that online form with your work email/phone number to confirm your eligibility (that's how i did mine) and you will see it when you log into your account once it goes through. That's all there is to it...

thechidz
Jul 9, 2008, 08:35 PM

that manager lied to you. I have no idea why some of them are doing that

ichii
Jul 9, 2008, 09:19 PM
So basically, I buy two 3g iphone family plan $129.99 I would get $-27.29 (21%) So it would be 102.70 + one more additional line 9.99 so total should be $111.70 before tax. I like MATH :D

absolutic
Jul 10, 2008, 12:26 AM
It kinds of concerns me now that I've read the latest responses. Obviously some AT&T employees/managers have no idea about FAN discount applicable to the new Iphone 3G. I did chat with AT&T representative on their Premier site and each and every time they told me the discount is available on the service but not on the phone. Even 2 weeks ago AT&T Premier reps knew about FAN discount. But how do I prove it to the local AT&T idiots when they try to argue with me? I need something in writing..

davariable
Jul 10, 2008, 02:03 AM
It kinds of concerns me now that I've read the latest responses. Obviously some AT&T employees/managers have no idea about FAN discount applicable to the new Iphone 3G. I did chat with AT&T representative on their Premier site and each and every time they told me the discount is available on the service but not on the phone. Even 2 weeks ago AT&T Premier reps knew about FAN discount. But how do I prove it to the local AT&T idiots when they try to argue with me? I need something in writing..

As soon as you get your service, just go straight to the website and input your info yourself. I don't even want to deal with them. I'm going to Apple to pick up my phones (family plan) and mentioning nothing about FAN discount. It's actually what an AT&T rep (my company's personal rep not a random csr) told me to do. She said it just makes it easier for everyone.

thor79
Jul 10, 2008, 02:08 AM
Tonight I asked a store rep about the student equipment discount. He clearly said it did not apply to the iPhone. I ONLY asked about the equipment discount though...as that's all I have available from my school.

absolutic
Jul 10, 2008, 03:42 AM
As soon as you get your service, just go straight to the website and input your info yourself. I don't even want to deal with them. I'm going to Apple to pick up my phones (family plan) and mentioning nothing about FAN discount. It's actually what an AT&T rep (my company's personal rep not a random csr) told me to do. She said it just makes it easier for everyone.

I agree this seems to be the faster way, but I think if you are doing it later through the Premier site, it will probably take additional billing cycle until discounts kick in.

Cobra2001
Jul 10, 2008, 01:01 PM
I wanted to satisfy my curiosity for myself so I called an at&t Premiere service rep just now. The person I talked to said that, after going through training yesterday for the new iPhone 3G, the FAN discount won't apply if the iPhone is the primary line of a family plan. I mentioned to her that that may have been true with the first iPhone, but I had heard that it should not be the case with the new iPhone 3G now since it's being treated like any other smart phone. But once again she said the same thing and that I could switch my line that's getting the iPhone to the secondary line and would be able to keep my discount that way. Take that for what it's worth and maybe she dozed off in the meeting yesterday:p

In any case my line just happens to be the secondary line on my family plan anyway, so I should be able to keep everything as is and still retain the discount. This also might confirm that I can go to the Apple store for the phone tomorrow after all since they won't even see the FAN discount since it's applied to my wife's line (who won't be getting an iPhone BTW).

Unfortunately, she also told me that I can only get a discount on my voice plan and not the data plan. However, that could just be the way my company has their agreement set up with at&t.

Anyway, I just wanted to give an update from a rep that supposedly went through training just yesterday. I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow morning. I hope the discount does apply to lines with the iPhone b/c I know a lot of people are counting on the additional savings.

WilliamG
Jul 10, 2008, 01:10 PM
No way in heck I'm signing up with AT&T until these FAN discounts are confirmed 100%.

Cobra2001
Jul 10, 2008, 01:18 PM
No way in heck I'm signing up with AT&T until these FAN discounts are confirmed 100%.

If I wasn't on a family plan with a line that is not getting an iPhone, I would completely agree. Here's to hoping for good news tomorrow.:)

shyrock
Jul 10, 2008, 01:32 PM
I wanted to satisfy my curiosity for myself so I called an at&t Premiere service rep just now. The person I talked to said that, after going through training yesterday for the new iPhone 3G, the FAN discount won't apply if the iPhone is the primary line of a family plan. I mentioned to her that that may have been true with the first iPhone, but I had heard that it should not be the case with the new iPhone 3G now since it's being treated like any other smart phone. But once again she said the same thing and that I could switch my line that's getting the iPhone to the secondary line and would be able to keep my discount that way. Take that for what it's worth and maybe she dozed off in the meeting yesterday:p

In any case my line just happens to be the secondary line on my family plan anyway, so I should be able to keep everything as is and still retain the discount. This also might confirm that I can go to the Apple store for the phone tomorrow after all since they won't even see the FAN discount since it's applied to my wife's line (who won't be getting an iPhone BTW).

Unfortunately, she also told me that I can only get a discount on my voice plan and not the data plan. However, that could just be the way my company has their agreement set up with at&t.

Anyway, I just wanted to give an update from a rep that supposedly went through training just yesterday. I guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow morning. I hope the discount does apply to lines with the iPhone b/c I know a lot of people are counting on the additional savings.

this makes no sense to me...why does it have to be on a NON Primary line? What about all those people who do NOT have FamilyTalk Plans...why would they be eligible for discount (if they truly end up being eligible), and not the Primary lines on Family Plans. Seems illogical to me...the only thing I can think of it that if they switch 2 lines (Primary to secondary and vice versa) they can lock in a new contract for two lines? and if you do switch the lines, could this, in effect, change your eligibility for the new Iphone? hmmm....could they make it more confusing?!?! I may just wait until this all get figured out.

bradl
Jul 10, 2008, 01:32 PM

FAN discounts are confirmed, 100%. Mine has been applied to my account, and will stay on it, as I'll be getting the iPhone at the ATT store and not the Apple store. As we already know, the discount applies to the bill, not the purchase of the iPhone. So if you have a FAN discount, you're good to go.

My source: ATT store on Truxel Rd, Sacramento, CA.

BL.

Cobra2001
Jul 10, 2008, 01:39 PM
FAN discounts are confirmed, 100%. Mine has been applied to my account, and will stay on it, as I'll be getting the iPhone at the ATT store and not the Apple store. As we already know, the discount applies to the bill, not the purchase of the iPhone. So if you have a FAN discount, you're good to go.

BL.

Family plan? Just curious since you didn't mention it. Thanks!

bradl
Jul 10, 2008, 01:44 PM
Family plan? Just curious since you didn't mention it. Thanks!

Yes. Family Plan, and I'm the primary on the account.

BL.

Cobra2001
Jul 10, 2008, 01:47 PM
Yes. Family Plan, and I'm the primary on the account.

BL.

Good to know then. Thanks!

dave006
Jul 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
Family plan? Just curious since you didn't mention it. Thanks!All FAN agreements are different. You will have to check the specific details of your FAN agreement with AT&T

For example:

FAN A - all rate plans + data
FAN B - all rate plans
FAN C - only individual rate plans + data
FAN D - Equipment discounts(except iPhone) + all rate plans + data

thechidz
Jul 10, 2008, 01:51 PM
All FAN agreements are different. You will have to check the specific details of your FAN agreement with AT&T

For example:

FAN B - all rate plans

now this makes sense, I think I am FAN D

boomtapp
Jul 10, 2008, 01:51 PM
On my accounts page on att.com this is on the right hand side...
"Your account type qualifies you to the following discounts. Service discounts are applied to the primary line under eligible agreements and exclude certain rate plan types and devices (e.g. iPhone and associated wireless service).
Service : 20.0%"
When I went to the att place earlier this week, the indication I got was that there would be no discounts, but the lady didn't specify whether she was talking about the phone itself, or the phone and plan.

thechidz
Jul 10, 2008, 01:53 PM
On my accounts page on att.com this is on the right hand side...
"Your account type qualifies you to the following discounts. Service discounts are applied to the primary line under eligible agreements and exclude certain rate plan types and devices (e.g. iPhone and associated wireless service).
Service : 20.0%"
When I went to the att place earlier this week, the indication I got was that there would be no discounts, but the lady didn't specify whether she was talking about the phone itself, or the phone and plan.

that is because of the first iPhone. I think many at&t reps just dont get that and that is what that statement on your account applies to. They cant change it until the 3G comes out because otherwise they will have peeps complaining that they are no getting their discount on the 2G

btw: there is nothing on my account page that says this... it just says columbia university FAN#: xxxxxxxx

boomtapp
Jul 10, 2008, 01:56 PM
thanks for the quick response.

So, if my at&t store refuses to give me my discount, is there a manual way to do it online? Or should I call customer service tomorrow afternoon?

Thanks in advance

WilliamG
Jul 10, 2008, 02:00 PM

BL.

I currently do not have an AT&T account. So is my MO to go to AT&T, sign up for a family plan contract with TWO 16GB iPhones, then come home and enable the FAN discount?

And does FAN discount get applied immediately? I hear it takes a few billing cycles? Does that mean I'll be paying full price for a few months?

Cobra2001
Jul 10, 2008, 02:01 PM
All FAN agreements are different. You will have to check the specific details of your FAN agreement with AT&T

For example:

FAN B - all rate plans

Makes sense and confirms things I have heard before in the past. However, the simple fact of whether or not at&t will allow FAN discounts on voice plans, data plans or the device itself should be universal, regardless of what FAN you qualify for, correct? When confirmations start coming in tomorrow that FAN discounts are allowed on iPhone plans (voice, data or device) then the only variables should be present are what the percentage is and which of the three items qualifies for a discount under your particular FAN.

Is this reasoning correct? Thanks.

mrmiami247
Jul 10, 2008, 02:07 PM
so im gonna be in college...i can get a discount on the 30 dollar data plan?

thechidz
Jul 10, 2008, 02:08 PM

So, if my at&t store refuses to give me my discount, is there a manual way to do it online? Or should I call customer service tomorrow afternoon?

Thanks in advance

if they dont do it (I cant fathom why not) I would call CS at the premier at&t

thechidz
Jul 10, 2008, 02:09 PM
so im gonna be in college...i can get a discount on the 30 dollar data plan?

depends on your school

dave006
Jul 10, 2008, 02:12 PM
that is because of the first iPhone. I think many at&t reps just dont get that and that is what that statement on your account applies to. They cant change it until the 3G comes out because otherwise they will have peeps complaining that they are no getting their discount on the 2G

btw: there is nothing on my account page that says this... it just says columbia university FAN#: xxxxxxxxTo see the details of your discount. Click on the "Rate Plan & Features" link, it is located along the second line at the top of the Account Overview Page or on the righ side of the same page.

bradl
Jul 10, 2008, 02:12 PM
btw: there is nothing on my account page that says this... it just says columbia university FAN#: xxxxxxxx

If you're in your account, click on Rate Plan & Features. It will be listed in Discounts on the right hand side of your browser about half way down.

BL.

thechidz
Jul 10, 2008, 02:17 PM
If you're in your account, click on Rate Plan & Features. It will be listed in Discounts on the right hand side of your browser about half way down.

BL.

do you mean the regular att site or the premier site? because mine doesnt say anything about the iphone

saminsocks
Jul 10, 2008, 02:36 PM
I tried to check to see if my school offers a discount and somehow changed my FAN number. When I click on Company Options --> Check Availability it says "At this time, your employer has not made any special programs available for your participation." Is that because I just signed up, or because my school hasn't set up an account with them yet? I didn't want to switch since I had a discount from my employer, I was just trying to find out if I also had a school discount. Is there some way to do that?

And I have two lines on my account and both get discounts. I had it set up one way, but I only got a discount on one number and was charged $9.99 plus monthly fees, so I just added a second line and all is well. So if you only have two lines you may want to explore that option.

pianos101
Jul 10, 2008, 02:44 PM

damn right....

EDIT: And i just had a chat with "Africa" and here's what happened:

Africa S: At this time there are no discounts on the new iPhone itself however the voice and data plans are eligible to receive discounts.

seth: ok thank you

Africa S: Do you have any questions regarding the information we discussed today?

seth: is there an official notice of what you told me anywhere on the ATT website?

Africa S: Not at this time. It is internal information.

seth: OK thanks for your help.

boomtapp
Jul 10, 2008, 02:46 PM
fwiw...
I'll be in line bright and early tomorrow morning and I'll post when I get back whether or not the discount applied correctly. From what I've read here and elsewhere, it seems that the FAN discounts are confirmed. But I'd be getting the phone regardless.

bradl
Jul 10, 2008, 02:54 PM
do you mean the regular att site or the premier site? because mine doesnt say anything about the iphone

I'm assuming you're getting it for personal use and you're paying the bill. If you log in to your account, then go to Rate Plan & Features, it should be on the right hand side. For me, it states:

Your account type qualifies you to the following discounts. Service discounts are applied to the primary line under eligible agreements and exclude certain rate plan types and devices (e.g. iPhone and associated wireless service).

* Service : 15.0%

As mentioned above in this thread, the exclusion was from the fact that FAN discounts didn't apply to the V1 iPhone.

silbeej
Jul 10, 2008, 03:12 PM
How are you all getting percentages? I just did the few steps and it said the discount is goign to be applied. I did it with my university email. How does this work exactly?

pianos101
Jul 10, 2008, 03:13 PM
fwiw...
I'll be in line bright and early tomorrow morning and I'll post when I get back whether or not the discount applied correctly. From what I've read here and elsewhere, it seems that the FAN discounts are confirmed. But I'd be getting the phone regardless.

Pretty sure though you won't know tomorrow (maybe if you go to ATT store instead of AAPL). i think the only way we'll find out for sure is when we all get our first bills for the new iphone... Good luck in line tomorrow

dave006
Jul 10, 2008, 03:15 PM

Thanks in advanceYou can start the process on this page

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/en_US/phones-devices/iReady.jsp

Qualify for Discounts on the right side of the page, just enter your email address at your school or business. Note: Your private email address will not work.

silbeej
Jul 10, 2008, 03:24 PM
I'm assuming you're getting it for personal use and you're paying the bill. If you log in to your account, then go to Rate Plan & Features, it should be on the right hand side. For me, it states:

As mentioned above in this thread, the exclusion was from the fact that FAN discounts didn't apply to the V1 iPhone.

This is ridiculous! So we can't even get a discount on voice just because of the phone we have?

tkeefe67
Jul 10, 2008, 03:27 PM
I went into an ATT store and asked them about this. They told me that I will be able to get my discount on the 3G, just not V1 for whatever reason.

LadyC
Jul 10, 2008, 03:32 PM
How are you all getting percentages? I just did the few steps and it said the discount is goign to be applied. I did it with my university email. How does this work exactly?

Once you get the link to the premiere site, you need to click on Current Offers at the top to see what discount you will be getting.

dave006
Jul 10, 2008, 03:53 PM
This is ridiculous! So we can't even get a discount on voice just because of the phone we have?Yes, this is / was caused by the revenue sharing arrangement between AT&T and Apple for the current iPhone.:apple:

While there is no Official statement on FAN discounts on the iPhone 3G until tomorrow, the revenue sharing arrangement has changed to a traditional Subsidy model.

thechidz
Jul 10, 2008, 04:01 PM

exactly, mine is considered an IRU (individual responsibility) but there is nothing on my account other than the FAN number and when I spoke with ATT, Victoria C told me no discount on 2G, voice+data discount on 3G. she sent me an email to confirm so I am going by that info.

mrmiami247
Jul 10, 2008, 06:19 PM
im goin to the university of miami...i got my macbook pro through the education discount so i assume it'll be the same with the discount on the $30 data plan

thadoggfather
Jul 10, 2008, 06:31 PM
sidenote: you'll love "the U." I'm class of 2011, and I just transferred there last semester. I love it, and I cannot wait to go back.

My parents have an apt in Ft Lauderdale, too. Most, if not all of the South Florida area, is blanketed with 3G coverage.

The iPhone 3G will be great for that area!

bradl
Jul 10, 2008, 07:06 PM
I went into an ATT store and asked them about this. They told me that I will be able to get my discount on the 3G, just not V1 for whatever reason.

I should validate myself here. The guy I talked to said that the FAN discount didn't apply to the V1 iPhone because the data plan was extra. In this case, the data plan is included for the 3G iPhone, so the discounts apply.

BL.

mrmiami247
Jul 10, 2008, 07:23 PM
sidenote: you'll love "the U." I'm class of 2011, and I just transferred there last semester. I love it, and I cannot wait to go back.

My parents have an apt in Ft Lauderdale, too. Most, if not all of the South Florida area, is blanketed with 3G coverage.

The iPhone 3G will be great for that area!

thats great...we'll have to keep in touch then

halesvb11
Jul 10, 2008, 08:16 PM
so i have a FAN b/c of my company, but i dont think i get a service discount. my college email is still active (graduated in '05). if i use college FAN instead of work FAN, i think i get a discount. will i get tazed for using college FAN if i'm not in college anymore??

WilliamG
Jul 11, 2008, 09:47 PM
Just went to AT&T and got my FAN discount confirmed to a soon-to-be family plan. They had to order the phones in (hope it won't be too long).

So there you go. We's getting ze phones! :D

$149.99 plan, and the discount won't apply to the line 2 charge of $9.99, so discount on 140, no discount on $9.99. Nice! :D

jsanche6
Jul 12, 2008, 10:51 AM
No FAN/corporpate discount on 3g iPhone. I went to AT&T and they wouldn't apply the discount two the line that the iPhone was going to be tethered to.

Hardcoredan52
Jul 12, 2008, 11:03 AM
Well I bought my iphone 3g at a apple store yesterday. I asked them and they told me that they couldn't process that info there. Well just went home and signed up at home. It said I was eligible for a discount. I will see if I have my 15% discount in a couple months.

pianos101
Jul 12, 2008, 11:13 AM
No FAN/corporpate discount on 3g iPhone. I went to AT&T and they wouldn't apply the discount two the line that the iPhone was going to be tethered to.

Do you mean the phone itself or the service? If you meant the phone then no, there are no discounts, which we knew anyway.If you mean the service, then it's pretty much been confirmed that FAN discounts are eligible. And they won't "apply" the discount in store anyway; do it online and make sure it shows up when you log in. That's all you need to do...

spencers
Jul 12, 2008, 11:18 AM
Do you mean the phone itself or the service? If you meant the phone then no, there are no discounts, which we knew anyway.If you mean the service, then it's pretty much been confirmed that FAN discounts are eligible. And they won't "apply" the discount in store anyway; do it online and make sure it shows up when you log in. That's all you need to do...

They gave me a printout while I was at the store purchasing the iPhone 3G (I applied my FAN earlier in the week) and instead of $30 iPhone data fee, I see $23. :)
No upgrade fee shown on the printout either.

thechidz
Jul 12, 2008, 11:21 AM
no discount on phone, yes yes yes discount on service. to those who have had att personnel in stores tell them no, dont worry, you will get your discount. for some reason the in-store managers are mental midgets and cant figure it out

weatherman316
Jul 12, 2008, 11:48 AM
My FAN offers a 30% accessory discount, an 18% service discount and a waived activation fee. Obviously the first two aren't of any concern, but if I activate the phone at the Apple Store (they can't apply the FAN) and then later go online and add the FAN do I get the activation fee applied to my monthly bill? At this point getting a phone at the AT&T store for me just isn't going to be likely.

ugp
Jul 12, 2008, 11:57 AM
Call my store and I can add FAN numbers. Anyone that has a FAN number and needs it added PM and I will give you my store phone number and I'll add it. There is a form after that you have to fax in with proof.

KD110
Jul 12, 2008, 01:14 PM
my discount disappeared after getting my 3G - it was there as of thursday night, but when I checked this AM, my account did not have any discount listed...

jsanche6
Jul 12, 2008, 02:39 PM

I know u can't get a discount on the devise what soever. I went into At&T and tried to buy the iPhone and they said I can't get my FAN discount that I have with PwC (22% off) to work with the iPhone. They (the manager told me that) if you have an iPhone on what ever line ur getting the discount ur gonna have to add another line put the iphone on that line and only the main line can get the discount, and you can't have iPhones on main lines. And in order to get an iPhone u can't have the FAN discount at the time so you have to take it off and then re-apply it after u bought the iphone and you may or may not be able to get it again. they say it re-appears in 1-2 billing cycles but it's not guaranteed.

So this is what I have

Main line --Tried to get iphone for main line told me i couldn't..told me i had to add it to a sub line. But then when i said i was gonna add it to the sub line then they said only the main line gets the discount of (22%) not the sub lines because those are already discounted at $9.99. and that's the price that everyone has discount or no discount.
Sub line 1
Sub line 2
Sub line 3

So in conclusion u have to add the iPhone to a sub line and the main line is the only one that gets the discount on the voice and data plan. So this is what At&T wants ur plan to look like

Main line----(22% discount FAN)--no iPhone
sub line 1-----iPhone eligible no FAN discount because it's not the main line
sub line 2-----iPhone eligible no FAN discount because it's not the main line
sub line 3-----iPhone eligible no FAN discount because it's not the main line

So they tell u ur still getting a discount on the iPhone voice and data plan which in reality ur not. I hope someone sues them when they cn't reapply their FAN/corporate discount again.

thechidz
Jul 12, 2008, 03:07 PM
I know u can't get a discount on the devise what soever. I went into At&T and tried to buy the iPhone and they said I can't get my FAN discount that I have with PwC (22% off) to work with the iPhone. They (the manager told me that) if you have an iPhone on what ever line ur getting the discount ur gonna have to add another line put the iphone on that line and only the main line can get the discount, and you can't have iPhones on main lines. And in order to get an iPhone u can't have the FAN discount at the time so you have to take it off and then re-apply it after u bought the iphone and you may or may not be able to get it again. they say it re-appears in 1-2 billing cycles but it's not guaranteed.

So this is what I have

Main line --Tried to get iphone for main line told me i couldn't..told me i had to add it to a sub line. But then when i said i was gonna add it to the sub line then they said only the main line gets the discount of (22%) not the sub lines because those are already discounted at $9.99. and that's the price that everyone has discount or no discount.
Sub line 1
Sub line 2
Sub line 3

So in conclusion u have to add the iPhone to a sub line and the main line is the only one that gets the discount on the voice and data plan. So this is what At&T wants ur plan to look like

So they tell u ur still getting a discount on the iPhone voice and data plan which in reality ur not. I hope someone sues them when they cn't reapply their FAN/corporate discount again.

if this is true, it has big effing class action law suit written all over it... so what the ******* phone is on the "main" line?

jsanche6
Jul 12, 2008, 03:18 PM
the main line is the primary line. So every time you open an account the first number is the primary line and every other phone is a sub line. I hope people could sue them but i guess they wont because there was no FAN discount on the other phone either. Where did people get the idea that there was going to be a FAN discount for the phone? I know I read a bunch of places and believed it until I went into AT&T and told me there wasn't going to be a discount. I guess you COULD have an iPhone on the main line but there will be no discount from the start.

thechidz
Jul 12, 2008, 03:24 PM
well since my first number is my iphone number, and since the 3g iphone is eligible for discounts on fan I will be getting a discounted rate, just so you know. not sure really what your situation is, family plan or something?

also, dont believe what they are telling people in the att store. they are either flat out lying or are just complete nimrods and dont get it.

jsanche6
Jul 12, 2008, 03:29 PM
well since my first number is my iphone number, and since the 3g iphone is eligible for discounts on fan I will be getting a discounted rate, just so you know. not sure really what your situation is, family plan or something?

also, dont believe what they are telling people in the att store. they are either flat out lying or are just complete nimrods and dont get it.

Dude no iphone plan 2g or 3g is eligible for a FAN/corporate discount. Find a specific place where it says that and then I will believe u. They said you could re-apply the discount once you've activated the iphone but it's not guaranteed that you'll get the actual dicount even if the code is on ur account.

thechidz
Jul 12, 2008, 03:34 PM
Dude no iphone plan 2g or 3g is eligible for a FAN/corporate discount. Find a specific place where it says that and then I will believe u. They said you could re-apply the discount once you've activated the iphone but it's not guaranteed that you'll get the actual dicount even if the code is on ur account.
sorry but you are wrong. read this thread people are already reporting their dicounts showing up. Ive spoken to my att rep 3 times, who are way higher up than the mental midgets in the stores and they reassure me I will get the discount. not available on 2G correct because of the special contract but yes available on 3G.

we'll see...

thechidz
Jul 12, 2008, 03:35 PM

if you pm me your email I will forward the email I received from att premier that guarantees it for me

lakaiordie
Jul 12, 2008, 03:38 PM
when i went in to get my 3g i was signing up for service too cuz i switched from t-mobile. i told the guy i get an corp/employee discount after he was done setting up my account, i gave him my work id, he scanned it, then he put in the fan number, pin number, whatever you wanna call it. and that was it.

i also called at&t to check, i was directed to the business center, i asked the gentlmen if my pin/fan number was inputted for my corp/employee discount, and he said yes.

done and done.

SleepyHead157
Jul 12, 2008, 03:41 PM
sorry but you are wrong. read this thread people are already reporting their dicounts showing up. Ive spoken to my att rep 3 times, who are way higher up than the mental midgets in the stores and they reassure me I will get the discount. not available on 2G correct because of the special contract but yes available on 3G.

we'll see...

true i got FAN discount through my school and all i did was put my email through the premier website. It never showed up during the 1st gen iphone although it was always on my account but now the price different is reflected on my account

jsanche6
Jul 12, 2008, 03:47 PM
when i went in to get my 3g i was signing up for service too cuz i switched from t-mobile. i told the guy i get an corp/employee discount after he was done setting up my account, i gave him my work id, he scanned it, then he put in the fan number, pin number, whatever you wanna call it. and that was it.

i also called at&t to check, i was directed to the business center, i asked the gentlmen if my pin/fan number was inputted for my corp/employee discount, and he said yes.

done and done.

Dude it may show up on the website but it doesn't mean it's gonna actually show up on your billing statement. Look call ATT and see what they have to say.

thechidz
Jul 12, 2008, 03:49 PM
Dude it may show up on the website but it doesn't mean it's gonna actually show up on your billing statement. Look call ATT and see what they have to say.

dude, read my other posts ok? I called them 3 times and they all told me yes I get it

lakaiordie
Jul 12, 2008, 03:50 PM

did you even read my post
i said i CALLED at&t

and i called as soon as i got home.

thechidz
Jul 12, 2008, 03:55 PM
check this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=5797847#post5797847

done and done;)

lakaiordie
Jul 12, 2008, 04:00 PM
check this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=5797847#post5797847

done and done;)

uh, this is something different.

jsanche6
Jul 12, 2008, 04:08 PM
dude nm. get screwed over. tell the representative to read the fine print. They will tell u there's no discount. i even asked the manager at the att corporat store.

lakaiordie
Jul 12, 2008, 04:22 PM
lol yea, you asked at a store. they dont know anything.

i just called at&t business center and i'm getting a discount, so there.

thechidz
Jul 12, 2008, 04:26 PM
dude nm. get screwed over. tell the representative to read the fine print. They will tell u there's no discount. i even asked the manager at the att corporat store.

yep, we'll see;)

talking to the in-store managers is like talking to Corky from Life Goes On

mikeyredk
Jul 12, 2008, 06:03 PM
You can also do the discount registration though the premier website thats how i did mine

dlamin517
Jul 12, 2008, 06:10 PM
i guess high school emails dont work. just tried my schools email and it says it is not on their 'list'. bummer

saminsocks
Jul 12, 2008, 11:26 PM

So this is what I have

Sub line 1
Sub line 2
Sub line 3

Whoever said you have to get a new number to get an iPhone should be fired without severance pay.

ugp
Jul 13, 2008, 08:01 PM
I am receiving my discount on my account. My FAN has been there for a long time since activation in fact back in September of '07. iPhone did not receive discount until now. But my iPhone is the secondary line on the account.

shyrock
Jul 14, 2008, 01:59 PM
I am receiving my discount on my account. My FAN has been there for a long time since activation in fact back in September of '07. iPhone did not receive discount until now. But my iPhone is the secondary line on the account.

the only way to be sure is when the first bill comes in. I too have called and emailed and was told both times that voice will be discounted but data is NOT.
everything I've read has no factual/documented support. until I hear or see billings or other service billing type documents that support that data plans can use the discounts, its probably safer to assume that the discount will not work. I hope that it does but there seems to be too much conflicting information, even at this point

AvSRoCkCO1067
Jul 14, 2008, 10:35 PM
the only way to be sure is when the first bill comes in. I too have called and emailed and was told both times that voice will be discounted but data is NOT.
everything I've read has no factual/documented support. until I hear or see billings or other service billing type documents that support that data plans can use the discounts, its probably safer to assume that the discount will not work. I hope that it does but there seems to be too much conflicting information, even at this point

...did you read the first post in this thread?

shyrock
Jul 15, 2008, 03:02 AM
...did you read the first post in this thread?

yes I did...my point was that there are conflicting reports on the application of the discounts. Some are reporting that Data Plans will not receive the discounts. Just because one company's terms with ATT may be eligible, does not mean everyone else's will.

From ATT Premier Site:
"To Which Charges Does My Service Discount Apply?
The charges to which your Service Discount applies are subject to the arrangement between your organization and AT&T. Typically, the Service Discount is applied to the Monthly Service Charge on most voice and data rate plans. Note: On FamilyTalk plans, only the Primary Line will receive the discount under eligible Agreements; additional Lines do not receive the Service Discount. For questions about the specific discount available to you, contact the appropriate department within your organization responsible for wireless program administration..."

sarahg-apnp
Jul 15, 2008, 04:49 AM
yep, we'll see;)

talking to the in-store managers is like talking to Corky from Life Goes On

Ahhh Corky. LOL!!!

Farani
Jul 17, 2008, 06:44 PM
How did you all find out what exact discount percentage you get? Is there a link to a specific site?

pianos101
Jul 17, 2008, 07:02 PM
How did you all find out what exact discount percentage you get? Is there a link to a specific site?

There are a few ways, all mentioned somewhere around here before:

1- track down your company's ATT rep. If you have a FAN number, there is a rep assigned to your company (mine only has one person listed for all 140,000 of us). Call/email them and they will tell you right away...

2-enter your email in the form here
https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/?_requestid=72722
you will get an email at your work email address telling you to validate it. Once you log into the "premier" site you should see your FAN number listed at the top. Then browse through the plans like you were getting a new phone and the prices will show up. You have to do this to activate the FAN number on your account anyway.

3-call ATT, tell them what company you work for, and they'll tell you your discount

johnruizii
Dec 30, 2008, 01:12 AM
Hi, i was wondering if this is still going on? i would like to get an iphone soon and im interested!

Rayfire
Dec 30, 2008, 02:28 AM
Hi, i was wondering if this is still going on? i would like to get an iphone soon and im interested!

Yes it is still going on, get your discount to save some money ;)

jav6454
Dec 30, 2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks, just tried it to see if I was eligible for Student Discount. I was, put in my info, now I am approved. Don't know what my % savings is going to be, even a 15% is fine with me.

johnruizii
Dec 30, 2008, 04:31 PM
that is soo awesome, i am joining the iphone crew after macworld! woop WOOP!

Drewsky87
Dec 30, 2008, 09:55 PM
I got 15% off my bill from the student discount. The funny thing is that the AT&T employee that set up my contract put me in as a student at a different college that is near by so I could get the discount (I guess mine wasn't able to get it), he was really cool about the whole thing, I didn't have to show any ID or anything for it. Does anyone know how much the federal government employee discount is (specifically NSA)? I work for the government, well under contract with them, and am also a student, I'm just wondering if I'm getting the better discount of the 2. The guy asked me where I worked but I gave him the contractor's name instead of the agency's name which may have been why I didn't get the government discount.