Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cenok

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
I recently helped my girlfriend purchase a Macbook, and didn't take the free ipod offer. And she's feeling a bit silly about it.
We didn't get a chance to call an Apple store today.

So I thought I'd ask here.
Does anybody know whether she would be able to pick one up if she brought her Online Order statement and purchase an ipod Touch at an Apple location and receive the rebate?

Thanks! :D

davidy

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
I recently helped my girlfriend purchase a Macbook, and didn't take the free ipod offer. And she's feeling a bit silly about it.
We didn't get a chance to call an Apple store today.

So I thought I'd ask here.
Does anybody know whether she would be able to pick one up if she brought her Online Order statement and purchase an ipod Touch at an Apple location and receive the rebate?

Thanks! :D

You posted this at 24 minutes after midnight Sunday morning. The Apple store opens in a few hours. Why don't you call them then and let us all know what they have to say?

cenok

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Ah, I didn't know that. I just assumed they had "normal" operating hours.
Thanks for the info!

darklyt

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
http://www.apple.com/promo/

The promotion for the iPod says, under Purchase Restrictions: Except as otherwise provided in these terms, the Apple computer and iPod must be purchased on the same invoice/sales receipt.

Looks like you need to have ordered them at the same time. Maybe you can cancel the order, assuming you haven't received it?

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Take it into a store and explain the situation. They'll scan your computer, go through the return process, and then scan it back as a purchase with an iPod on the same receipt.

cenok

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Darklyt: Yeah, She's already received her Macbook.

Akonradi: Hopefully they'll do that. I talk to her about it.
I know I won't skip out on the offer when I order my MBP. :p

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Darklyt: Yeah, She's already received her Macbook.

Akonradi: Hopefully they'll do that. I talk to her about it.
I know I won't skip out on the offer when I order my MBP. :p
If she's opened it, though, it's a different story. I've had them do that for both iPod and printer rebates over the years with my computers, and I've read about similar procedures at other locations. But I've never heard of them doing that with opened computers. It's still worth a shot, though.

cenok

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Yes she has. I installed Windows and got her multiple apps for school. When we both go back to college. :p

Ha.. Anyways. I guess I'll make a call then.

Thanks for all your help Akonradi!

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
As far as i know the REBATE only happens when you buy both the computer and the iPod together.

You have to buy full for both, and then get the money back. Thats what happened when I got my iPod Video 5.5g

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
Apple probably doesnt process rebates, third parties usually do, and they always look for reasons not to fulfill them. I think theres no way to get it since even if you purchased it properly rebates can be a gamble, the rebate center may not like your name or the kind of pen you used, or you were the 800th rebate of the day which is a bad luck number, really... rebate companies are bastards. A manager or an Apple employee isnt going to have the power needed to get that rebate company to give you your money.

I was once denied a rebate because I sent an actual invoice of my cell bill rather than a copy since I pay online. The rebate company does not accept ORIGINAL billing statements, they only accept xerox COPIES of the billing statements. They literally look for anything to deny you your rebate.

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
Yes she has. I installed Windows and got her multiple apps for school. When we both go back to college. :p

Ha.. Anyways. I guess I'll make a call then.

Thanks for all your help Akonradi!

What happened dude? Did you get your free ipod don't leave us in suspense.

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
I'm interested to hear what happened here. I would think it would be good customer service to allow for the free iPod. Being a stickler for the rules certainly doesn't generate a lot of goodwill. It's not like Apple is actually losing anything - she could have taken it at the time of purchase, but for whatever reason she didn't. Speaking to a manager would be my advice if the sales staff doesn't seem helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.