PDA

View Full Version : MR + Ads = Login?

EvanLugh
Jul 6, 2008, 11:06 AM
This is the second time it's happened to me. I've only had MR open in Firefox, as soon as the page loads, I get a javascript login box (like the type when you want to login to ftp through your browser for example, or cPanel).

Next time it happens i'll use web developer toolbar to single out the ad and let you know - or i'll buy demi-god. :o

Doctor Q
Jul 6, 2008, 01:16 PM
This is the second time it's happened to me. I've only had MR open in Firefox, as soon as the page loads, I get a javascript login box (like the type when you want to login to ftp through your browser for example, or cPanel).

Next time it happens i'll use web developer toolbar to single out the ad and let you know - or i'll buy demi-god. :o
Thanks for any details you can provide, EvanLugh.

We would definitely like to fix this. The ads come from a pool provided by a service, but if an ad is misbehaving we can usually have it weeded out.

EvanLugh
Jul 6, 2008, 02:01 PM
I can only remember it starting (the URL) with an R. Not much help but until it pops up again it's all I can suggest.

arn
Jul 6, 2008, 04:43 PM

Where you visiting a forum thread?

sometimes people accidentally embed images that are behind a login. It shouldn't be happening on any of the front page or article pages, unless an ad is misbehaving.

arn

EvanLugh
Jul 6, 2008, 05:26 PM
It was on the frontpage, arnold.