PDA

View Full Version : I had a bat hiding in my bra

edesignuk
Jul 9, 2008, 06:22 AM

Superhero fans know about the bat phone and the bat car, but how about the bat bra?

That's the gadget Abbie Hawkins seems to have invented, at least.

The 19-year-old was amazed to discover vibrations through her body were caused not by her phone but by a bat in her underwear.... Metro (http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=209737&in_page_id=2).

Never let it be said I don't bring important news to you all.

JNB
Jul 9, 2008, 06:26 AM
Happy bat.

Mebbe we should start a lolbats craze...

Lau
Jul 9, 2008, 07:01 AM
Mebbe we should start a lolbats craze...

scotthayes
Jul 9, 2008, 07:10 AM
When I saw the title and edesignuk's name underneath my first though was :eek: is there a little secret he's keeping from us?

5 hours before she looked to see what it was!!! still, from the picture a whole family of bats could have fitted in there :D

edesignuk
Jul 9, 2008, 07:13 AM
still, from the picture a whole family of bats could have fitted in there :DThose bats aren't stupid! ;) :D

pilotError
Jul 9, 2008, 07:14 AM
I'd like to thank her for her re-creation of the incident!

MrSmith
Jul 9, 2008, 07:16 AM
Another variation on the look-at-me theme: look-at-my-melons. :rolleyes:

Sad...

Sun Baked
Jul 9, 2008, 07:20 AM
When I saw the title and edesignuk's name underneath my first though was :eek: is there a little secret he's keeping from us?

Yep, first look at the picture and I thought his brand new implants were a little too big.

Abstract
Jul 9, 2008, 11:13 AM
still, from the picture a whole family of bats could have fitted in there :D

Those bats would have been well fed.

nanofrog
Jul 9, 2008, 11:35 AM
Those bats would have been well fed.

Nicely done! :D

PlaceofDis
Jul 9, 2008, 11:46 AM
i never understood why stories like these are considered 'news'

combatcolin
Jul 9, 2008, 12:08 PM
Another variation on the look-at-me theme: look-at-my-melons. :rolleyes:

Sad...

And long may this fine tradition continue.

Hurrah for Boobies!

Lord Blackadder
Jul 9, 2008, 12:09 PM
i never understood why stories like these are considered 'news'

Well, it is more fun to read about than the latest suicide bombing.

Why did she think it was her phone? Does she normally tuck that inside her (admittedly spacious) underwear?

d_and_n5000
Jul 9, 2008, 12:38 PM
Well, it is more fun to read about than the latest suicide bombing.

Why did she think it was her phone? Does she normally tuck that inside her (admittedly spacious) underwear?

And if she does, why didn't she try to take it out when it started vibrating? Most people answer their phones.

foobar909
Jul 9, 2008, 01:06 PM
And I've got a serpent hiding in my shorts...

whooleytoo
Jul 9, 2008, 01:10 PM
And long may this fine tradition continue.

Hurrah for Boobies!

Not boobees.

Boobats!

Pixellated
Jul 9, 2008, 01:25 PM
And if she does, why didn't she try to take it out when it started vibrating? Most people answer their phones.

It said she was driving... In the UK that's illegal.

RedTomato
Jul 9, 2008, 03:01 PM
My brother used to work at a bat hospital. The woman who ran it (I met her a few times) used to keep bats in her bra. She was a bit of a local celebrity :)

I couldn't find an online story about her keeping bats in her bra (this was 15 years ago) but I found an old site for the hospital :

http://www.chycor.co.uk/wild-cornwall/bats/ginni-little/

scotty96LSC
Jul 9, 2008, 04:35 PM
I thougth bats sucked blood??????

Osarkon
Jul 9, 2008, 04:43 PM
I thougth bats sucked blood??????

Only some breeds. And even then, they normally suck animal blood, not human, if I remember right. Feel free to correct me if anybody can clarify, my memory's a bit rusty.

Zwhaler
Jul 9, 2008, 05:18 PM
Wow, whoever had the idea of recreating the incident is genius!

iJohnHenry
Jul 9, 2008, 05:42 PM
Wow, whoever had the idea of recreating the incident is genius!

Yeah, a rubber bat. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Fruit bats don't bite, that I know of, and baby bats might just love the vet's bra during the day.

I probably would too.

scotty96LSC
Jul 9, 2008, 06:18 PM
Only some breeds. And even then, they normally suck animal blood, not human, if I remember right. Feel free to correct me if anybody can clarify, my memory's a bit rusty.
Bats, boob, milk I was refering to as a joke.;)

Jaffa Cake
Jul 9, 2008, 06:28 PM
i never understood why stories like these are considered 'news'Because e says they are. That's all we need to know. ;)

No wonder bats are blind, you could have your eye out with those...

Osarkon
Jul 10, 2008, 01:05 AM
Bats, boob, milk I was refering to as a joke.;)

Oops, that flew right over my head. :o

eRondeau
Jul 10, 2008, 06:12 PM
Just wondering -- did anybody else get this same ad at the top of their screen, or was it just me? This is either Google AdWords at work, or one heck of a co-incidence!

Abstract
Jul 10, 2008, 06:43 PM
Ooooh, lopsided boobs!

idyll
Jul 14, 2008, 10:29 PM
Lucky bat :D

GSMiller
Jul 14, 2008, 11:36 PM
The 19-year-old was amazed to discover vibrations through her body were caused not by her phone but by a bat in her underwear....

...She keeps her cell phone in her bra?

Thomas Veil
Jul 15, 2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I believe this :rolleyes: ...just like I believe the last famous bat story I read:

http://sweasel.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/batboy.jpg

roisin and mac
Jul 17, 2008, 03:48 PM
...She keeps her cell phone in her bra?

I dunno if she does, but I can explain it to you 'cause I've done that plenty of times (I'm a girl, about similar size to her). Provided you got a small phone, it can be a real practical way to carry it so it's not in the way, and there's the bonus that you're guaranteed to know there's an incoming call/message even if you're somewhere really loud, like a concert for instance :) Works best with very small phones (the most recent, expensive phones that have a camera and a music player and Gawd knows what on them are kinda too big), and flip phones are especially good because you can clip them onto the strap for easier access.

I've done that with my phones, you can put it on the waistband of your jeans, clipped open, or your bikini bottoms too. I've also done it with my crappy Creative Muvo music player, which is a little bigger than a shuffle but doesn't have a clip. It's kinda the modern equivalent to the long-established practice of carrying stuff in one's garter.

donga
Jul 18, 2008, 04:16 AM
weird. and also wanting attention. it wasn't even a full grown bat, come on now

iJohnHenry
Jul 18, 2008, 09:16 AM
I've done that with my phones, you can put it on the waistband of your jeans, clipped open, or your bikini bottoms too.

I like the bra idea better. More secure.

You could be the victim of a bump-and-grab with the phone "clipped" to your outside clothing.

mahashel
Jul 18, 2008, 02:23 PM
http://sweasel.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/batboy.jpg

Anybody else think that the "bat child" image looks like a heavily-photoshopped pic of Billy Corgan? lol

http://www.guitarscanada.com/Legends/corgan.jpg
You be the judge.. :rolleyes:

Mindflux
Jul 18, 2008, 02:26 PM
do not want

localoid
Jul 19, 2008, 02:08 AM
Just another publicity stunt designed to bolster the sagging boob industry.

tresbien
Jul 20, 2008, 09:42 PM
you'd be amazed how handy bras are for storage, which is why I wasn't surprised that she thought it was her phone. I've been known to store mine there too! Think about it, wearing a bra is like creating two cushion-y pockets.

mustang_dvs
Jul 21, 2008, 04:33 PM
Interesting sidebar on that site:

Bear in mind that a number of British "newpapers" feature topless women on their inside facing pages.

RedTomato
Jul 22, 2008, 04:53 AM
I fully agree.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing it naked. :D

iJohnHenry
Jul 22, 2008, 08:12 AM
you'd be amazed how handy bras are for storage, which is why I wasn't surprised that she thought it was her phone. I've been known to store mine there too! Think about it, wearing a bra is like creating two cushion-y pockets.

"High Pockets", a name given to Angie Dickenson, by The Duke in Rio Bravo. :p

It's where she 'stored' her poker winnings. :D

RedTomato
Jul 22, 2008, 08:44 AM
I know several women who store various 'substances' in their bra. Apparently it's a good location as security people are reluctant to search you there.

Sources inform me that the WonderBra is apparently the best model for this as it comes with pockets for the removeable padding, which can also be used for other storage.

Now you've learnt something new today.

StarbucksSam
Jul 26, 2008, 04:26 PM
I think this needs to be nominated for "MacRumors Top 10 Most Eccentric Thread Titles" (Oh wait, that does not exist!)

Queso
Jul 26, 2008, 04:34 PM
It said she was driving... In the UK that's illegal.
Not true. Women are perfectly entitled to drive in the UK.

It's just we prefer them not to :p