Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dalcorn1

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
only the same way messenger for mac does. MSN messenger is the biggest IM service here in the UK, dunno about anywhere else, it's the only thing i talk to people on. Not through choice of course but no one else has iChat

terrrrrible

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2007
Even though I only use AIM, I am hoping that Adium puts out an application. Trillian also has Astra in the works, which will probably end up as an app on the iPhone soon.

brandscill

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Astra has been in the works for a wile

and it's all I use in the uk as well, I don't know anyone on yahoo or aim it's all msn msn msn

brulafu

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2008
I think meebo.com has a mobile site designed for iphone use wwwm.meebo.com I think it is....

I use meebo at work as we're not allowed to install msn and its great - can get all my accounts on it gmail, yahoo, msn. Not sure what it looks like on the iPhone though as I've not got mine...Tomorrow though !!!

Can someone log onto it with their iPhone and see what its like.

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
Everyone in the world I find uses MSN, its only people in the states who use AIM. I'm bummed. They have IMing for one country, not 70 they are releasing in. :rolleyes:

Zone-MR

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Palringo have announced they will be releasing an IM application supporting MSN, ICQ, AIM, Y, GTalk, Jabber, GG.

It's not available on the App Store right now though.

timotheezz

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
New Jersey
Gtalk please!

Palringo have announced they will be releasing an IM application supporting MSN, ICQ, AIM, Y, GTalk, Jabber, GG.

It's not available on the App Store right now though.

I hope this comes soon. And perhaps Google will release their own Gtalk client -- my friend has a Gtalk client for his BlackBerry.

Please, Google, please!

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2007
Where's Apollo or that other jailbreak IM program? Didn't I read something like back before the SDK was even announced that Apollo was going to hold off on further development until the SDK was released to make a legit app? Nowhere to be found.

E

Eärendil

MobileChat will support msn, aim and a lot more!

It was the coolest app for a jailbroken iPhone, now wait till they release it...

HyQuality

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
NYC
Just so I'm clear -- If i'm using the AIM client, and I open something else (ie. mail or safari), I will NOT receive any notification that I received any IMs until I open AIM again? Does it even show any number indicator (badge) next to the AIM icon before I open it?

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
Just so I'm clear -- If i'm using the AIM client, and I open something else (ie. mail or safari), I will NOT receive any notification that I received any IMs until I open AIM again? Does it even show any number indicator (badge) next to the AIM icon before I open it?

Correct - that should change in September, though, when the push service becomes official.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.