PDA

View Full Version : Facebook App

notnek
Jul 10, 2008, 10:38 AM
Can anyone else connect to the Facebook App?

Project
Jul 10, 2008, 10:39 AM
no

dalcorn1
Jul 10, 2008, 10:39 AM
anyone else having problems with his?

Also it's kinf of frustrating that a lot of the location based stuff is US, i've deleted a fair few apps now. Most annoyingly Yellow Pages.

Me1000
Jul 10, 2008, 10:43 AM
Yeah this app doesnt work yet... I suspect it will be working within 24 hours though!

Grease2310
Jul 10, 2008, 10:58 AM
anyone else having problems with his?

Also it's kinf of frustrating that a lot of the location based stuff is US, i've deleted a fair few apps now. Most annoyingly Yellow Pages.

Not even Canadian numbers? Weird.

iPaul
Jul 10, 2008, 12:03 PM
Not even Canadian numbers? Weird.

Yellowpages.com is an AMERICAN business directory owned by at&t

yetanotherdave
Jul 10, 2008, 12:07 PM

We also have the yellow pages in the UK.
http://www.yell.com/

sassenach74
Jul 10, 2008, 12:08 PM

The Uk for one, has yellow pages.......not everything is American only :rolleyes:
For evidence I have a great big fat chunk-of-a Yellow pages directory at home

tomccabe
Jul 10, 2008, 12:12 PM
Can anyone else connect to the Facebook App?

there are several posts on this already :rolleyes:

Grease2310
Jul 10, 2008, 12:14 PM

Yellowpages.CA is a CANADIAN business directory, sorry to upset you but the app is called YELLOWPAGES (not .com) and you'd think it's be a localized version as it is not restricted to download within the US like some apps. America is a great country but the people in it need to realize there are places outside your border you don't yet control.

ylnick413
Jul 10, 2008, 12:30 PM
Facebook for iPhone also brings one important new feature to the iPhone - Facebook Chat.

IndianaiPhone
Jul 10, 2008, 12:43 PM
The facebook application is now working!

ylnick413
Jul 10, 2008, 12:47 PM

interesting you mentioned that, because Facebook just made a Blog entry on their website about it:
http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=22389032130

Facebook Quote:
Facebook for iPhone also brings one important new feature to the iPhone - Facebook Chat. Wherever you are, you'll be able to see which of your Facebook friends are online and chat with them for free.

tomccabe
Jul 10, 2008, 12:51 PM

yes it is! interesting...it gives your inbox count on the icon like mail.

Stardotboy
Jul 10, 2008, 12:53 PM
Yup, working for me :)

ylnick413
Jul 10, 2008, 12:55 PM
yes it is!

i'm guessing that Facebook "turned on the switch" today when they released a blog discussing the native application for the iPhone.

and it's got Facebook Chat! :)

sara123456
Jul 10, 2008, 12:57 PM
Hi I see you can now upload pics can you tag people as well?

ylnick413
Jul 10, 2008, 12:58 PM
Here is the Official Facebook Blog about it:

Rojo
Jul 10, 2008, 01:00 PM
This part from the blog I found interesting:

The first version of Facebook for iPhone is just a glimpse of the future. For instance, the iPhone has the ability to find where you are located, and we are looking for ways to let you opt-in to share your location and discover nearby friends.

Kind of like that Loopt app, but better - since I already have so many friends on Facebook (and a good many with iPhones!).

Socom
Jul 10, 2008, 01:03 PM
America is a great country but the people in it need to realize there are places outside your border you don't yet control.

LOL :) I really like the YET part!

ylnick413
Jul 10, 2008, 01:03 PM
Kind of like that Loopt app, but better - since I already have so many friends on Facebook (and a good many with iPhones!).

I agree with you, Rojo!! :)

cualexander
Jul 10, 2008, 01:08 PM
Um... where do you access the Wall? I'm not seeing it. If they left that out its a pretty big oversight.

ChrisSamsa
Jul 10, 2008, 01:14 PM
Um... where do you access the Wall? I'm not seeing it. If they left that out its a pretty big oversight.

Yeah.. seriously.. no wall=no facebook if you ask me. I don't want to have to use the webapp for the wall, and the native app for everything else..?

saturniphone
Jul 10, 2008, 01:14 PM
Wow. I am blown away by how bad this app is. The facebook web app is one of the most impressive web apps for the iPhone. This native app is missing TONS of things that the web app has. You can't see your wall or anyone else's wall, you only see status messages on the home tab, you can't see photos, etc. And the only thing that the native app has that the web app doesn't is chat. I'm sorry, but you can't take away 80% of the functionality, add chat, and call it a day. What a huge disappointment.

rscott
Jul 10, 2008, 01:17 PM
I can't find it either. But hopefully they will update it soon to add more functionality. I think the description in the iTunes store even says things will be added in the coming weeks and months.

ziggyonice
Jul 10, 2008, 01:20 PM
Here is the Official Facebook Blog about it:

Post in the comment box on their blog that we need the webapp and this app combined. Bring the Wall back, bring users' photos back!

cualexander
Wow. I am blown away by how bad this app is. The facebook web app is one of the most impressive web apps for the iPhone. This native app is missing TONS of things that the web app has. You can't see your wall or anyone else's wall, you only see status messages on the home tab, you can't see photos, etc. And the only thing that the native app has that the web app doesn't is chat. I'm sorry, but you can't take away 80% of the functionality, add chat, and call it a day. What a huge disappointment.

Exactly my sentiments. Chat is definitely cool, but I mean, no wall??? Thats the feature I use the most. Also, I see updates dating way way back, as in I see on the home screen things friends posted in 2006!! What is that about?

Definitely a start I suppose, but needs lots of work

ChrisSamsa
I'll stick to the webapp for now, I don't generally use chat, so that's really not an addition to me. Totally a disappointment. The Myspace app is of higher quality. Definitely not waht I expected.

rscott
Jul 10, 2008, 01:21 PM
Post in the comment box on their blog that we need the webapp and this app combined. Bring the Wall back, bring users' photos back!

User photos are there... kind of. Tap on a person's profile picture and you'll see more pictures of them, but I think it is only the ones in their profile picture album.

Me1000
Jul 10, 2008, 01:57 PM
Facebook app just crashed my iPhone...
:rolleyes:

Niiro13
Jul 10, 2008, 02:16 PM
To think I had all that plus about another hundred features in mine. Dang it. They better make it good. I didn't even realize there was no wall! I thought they'd put that...web app had no mini-feed but they had wall...and now they have the mini-feed but no wall?

terrrrrible
Jul 10, 2008, 02:19 PM
It didn't work right away but last time I tried it a half an hour ago, I was able to log in.

saturniphone
Jul 10, 2008, 02:40 PM
To think I had all that plus about another hundred features in mine. Dang it. They better make it good. I didn't even realize there was no wall! I thought they'd put that...web app had no mini-feed but they had wall...and now they have the mini-feed but no wall?

If you're insinuating that you created a facebook app that seems like a pretty bad idea. I mean, I commend you, but were you expecting them to use it? Also seems very unlikely you'd have access to all the low level stuff they would.

And the mini-feed just has statuses -- nothing else.

Reading the reviews on iTunes is depressing. People are like "much better than the web app". Are they clinically retarded or something? Why do I let teh Internets get me so angry...

GageGecko
Jul 10, 2008, 02:41 PM
I think some here need to step back and gain a little perspective. These developers weren't given a great deal of time with these apps and with the deadline I am sure a few of them put out an app that was not as good as it could be just because of time constraints.

Give them time, they will have it worked out soon.

Me1000
Jul 10, 2008, 03:06 PM
I think some here need to step back and gain a little perspective. These developers weren't given a great deal of time with these apps and with the deadline I am sure a few of them put out an app that was not as good as it could be just because of time constraints.

They had just as much time as any other devs.

Niiro13
Jul 10, 2008, 03:10 PM
If you're insinuating that you created a facebook app that seems like a pretty bad idea. I mean, I commend you, but were you expecting them to use it? Also seems very unlikely you'd have access to all the low level stuff they would.

I created like 75% of it (as in i purposely excluded chat and stuff for reason below, which had like a hundred new things the webapp didn't have, putting a plist in place of the information. I then wrote a proposal to Facebook to send them a beta. If they responded, I would have put chat in there. If they liked it, then of course they'd send the links to the database which I just change a few lines of the code.

kemble54
Jul 10, 2008, 04:07 PM
So, if you've been following facebook news at all, you'll know that that mini-feed and wall will soon be one in the same. I'm assuming they've already implemented this into the new App. There will be no more "mini-feed", simply a "wall" that integrates the common "wall post" along with "news" feeds. I just hope they don't leave the profile pic on the right side...it's driving me nuts.
http://valleywag.com/assets/images/valleywag/2008/07/ProfilePic.jpg

EnderTW
Jul 10, 2008, 04:09 PM
So, if you've been following facebook news at all, you'll know that that mini-feed and wall will soon be one in the same. I'm assuming they've already implemented this into the new App. There will be no more "mini-feed", simply a "wall" that integrates the common "wall post" along with "news" feeds. I just hope they don't leave the profile pic on the right side...it's driving me nuts.
http://valleywag.com/assets/images/valleywag/2008/07/ProfilePic.jpg

What they mean by no wall is that you can't post a message to your friends account from Facebook app.

To me, this is just stupidly retarded. How can you not have such a simple and probably the most used thing for the mobile app?

Niiro, You should release your version of the facebook app. It would probably be a lot better. In fact please do!

Niiro13
Jul 10, 2008, 04:38 PM
Niiro, You should release your version of the facebook app. It would probably be a lot better. In fact please do!

Like I said, I proposed to Facebook a looong time ago, and they didn't answer yet. i need their permission to release (as well as their links to their database...otherwise there's no point).

It includes like everything on the regular facebook :P. From tagging photos, applications, to setting news feed preferences. XD

Yeah, facebook app developers get a preview of that. I didn't like some aspects of the new look. I liked how wall and mini-feed were separate, albeit that it takes up less space...but it's less uniform :/.

Rojo
Jul 10, 2008, 04:42 PM
So, if you've been following facebook news at all, you'll know that that mini-feed and wall will soon be one in the same. I'm assuming they've already implemented this into the new App. There will be no more "mini-feed", simply a "wall" that integrates the common "wall post" along with "news" feeds.

Ah, wasn't aware of a Facebook redesign. It will be nice to go to people's pages and not be assaulted by a dozen apps, or have your browser crash while trying to find someone's wall.

But as for the new iPhone app...is this actually what they've done? Are there wall posts within the mini-feed or not? It doesn't sound like it. No wall posts = a lame Facebook app, that's for sure. Oh and I HATE chat within regular Facebook -- it's always buggy and never works right. So I'm not expecting greatness from iPhone Facebook chat either... :rolleyes:

overcast
Jul 10, 2008, 04:48 PM
Does anyone else see photo browsing either? The facebook.app offers far less features than the web based app.

Niiro13
Jul 10, 2008, 04:54 PM
Ah, wasn't aware of a Facebook redesign. It will be nice to go to people's pages and not be assaulted by a dozen apps, or have your browser crash while trying to find someone's wall.

Actually, the current preview is very unstable XD. It's never been the fact that mini-feed and wall posts being separate that causes the crash. And even if you put them together, the page would still crash.

But as for the new iPhone app...is this actually what they've done? Are there wall posts within the mini-feed or not? It doesn't sound like it. No wall posts = a lame Facebook app, that's for sure. Oh and I HATE chat within regular Facebook -- it's always buggy and never works right. So I'm not expecting greatness from iPhone Facebook chat either... :rolleyes:

Guess again: The "mini-feed" in the facebook application is just a history of their statuses...not even what they did, just statuses.

But anyway, Facebook is still in development. I think they just rushed the first time to get it in the AppStore on launch date. Then the next update will be a lot better.

Facebook chat was useful for me, since there are a lot of people who don't use AIM that I know. it's kind of in the way, I know...which is why I never put it in until I figured how to put it out of the way :P.

I think Facebook has the right idea. It looks a lot cleaner than MySpace, and it kinda feels like being on the Facebook site. They just need to understand the difference between mini-feed/news feed and status updates/friends.

What I thought was interesting was the refresh button at the top left :P.

Does anyone else see photo browsing either? The facebook.app offers far less features than the web based app.

The only photo browsing you can do is go to a friend's profile, then tap their picture. I think it only loads the profile pictures album, though.

saturniphone
Jul 10, 2008, 05:15 PM

As Me1000 said they had just as much time as the people who created other apps. The AIM app is pretty impressive. It's certainly not perfect, but it's about 100 times better than the Facebook one.

And I think the real reason it's annoying is that their web app is so good. Clearly they threw something together while in the midst of a site redesign so they could have something on day one of the app store.

jasonbuzz
Jul 10, 2008, 05:17 PM
Yellowpages.CA is a CANADIAN business directory, sorry to upset you but the app is called YELLOWPAGES (not .com) and you'd think it's be a localized version as it is not restricted to download within the US like some apps. America is a great country but the people in it need to realize there are places outside your border you don't yet control.

Yes and people in Canada don't need to stereotype all Americans based on one or two ignorant posts.

GageGecko
Jul 11, 2008, 01:35 AM
As Me1000 said they had just as much time as the people who created other apps. The AIM app is pretty impressive. It's certainly not perfect, but it's about 100 times better than the Facebook one.

Yes, and all the other apps at the App Store are all super fantastic. :rolleyes:

The AIM app is ok, but not everyone is thrilled with that app either. I believe you are right though. It's obvious that this was an app that some of you were counting on and are now disappointed. As I said a little patience and if not, by all means, start coding. :)

robbiekins
Jul 11, 2008, 02:48 AM
Guys, these are free apps. And they are all version 1. Give them a chance! This app is missing some stuff, but would you rather they implemented everything if it wasn't going to be perfectly polished?

So darn impatient!

saturniphone
Jul 11, 2008, 06:04 PM
Guys, these are free apps. And they are all version 1. Give them a chance! This app is missing some stuff, but would you rather they implemented everything if it wasn't going to be perfectly polished?

So darn impatient!

This is the Internet. If we don't complain about things we got for free then what else are we supposed to do?

eXpress
Jul 12, 2008, 12:24 PM
I am also thoroughly disappointed with the Facebook app, but I am sure we will be seeing a much better version very soon. Considering how nice their WebApp is and how much iPhone users will complain to them, I'm sure Facebook will fix this us.

Niiro13
Jul 12, 2008, 01:07 PM
I am also thoroughly disappointed with the Facebook app, but I am sure we will be seeing a much better version very soon. Considering how nice their WebApp is and how much iPhone users will complain to them, I'm sure Facebook will fix this us.

Oh, of course. The blog states that it's just version one with many updates along the way. I'm just disappointed in the fact that based on the application, it looked like they started it like a week before the deadline.

jwa898
Jul 12, 2008, 03:29 PM
Can you upload pictures from the facebook app?

noisebleed
Jul 12, 2008, 03:51 PM
if you morons would actually read app bios... it states there will be updates and more features... stop complaining.

QCassidy352
Jul 12, 2008, 03:51 PM
I removed this app and went back to using the mobile site. Lack of access to the wall is simply fatal. No wall, no facebook.

saturniphone
Jul 12, 2008, 05:38 PM
if you morons would actually read app bios... it states there will be updates and more features... stop complaining.

If you would read our posts and not just start namecalling you would realize that your comment is completely irrelevant. No one is saying that there won't be updates. We're saying that their app as it stands now is pretty much useless especially when compared to their web app. They shouldn't have released an app that was 10% complete. They should have released nothing.

PLin
Jul 12, 2008, 06:16 PM

If your friend recently posted new photos or tagged photos, you can access them from their Mini-Feed. You can swipe through the photos just like the iPhone Photos app. I managed to crash the iPhone everytime I clicked on View All though.

DiamondMac
Jul 12, 2008, 10:09 PM
I had it and deleted it

I would rather just go to their web-site and get the same features

Nothing new or exciting with it

AHDuke99
Jul 12, 2008, 10:11 PM
The big thing this app does is bring Chat to the iPhone, but its shortcomings are really glaring. It's like they put it together in a day. No wall, no photo tags or access, no full profile view .. I mean, it's like they didn't even try. I'm not uninstalling it because I will just wait around for an update. It will get better, but I am surprised they released it in the state it's currently in.

sassenach74
Jul 18, 2008, 07:07 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

Is everyone aware it just got updated and includes walls?

PMB
Jul 18, 2008, 07:10 AM
yep, just got the update now... and it is even better, no need for web anymore!

domness
Jul 18, 2008, 09:44 AM
Yes! Finally! The facebook app has been updated to allow wall posts, more photo features and bug changes and more viewable things on profiles.

so much better now! - glad i can go back to the native app!

already changed my review on the app store :)

Rojo
Jul 18, 2008, 09:49 AM
The new update is SOOOO much better! Thanks Facebook!

So now we have on all profiles:
The Wall!
Photos (ALL albums!)
Personal information!! Woo hoo!

Only one minor thing that would have made this perfect, and that would be a way to access "SENT" messages. (Also, seeing all the names in a multi-person message would be lovely too -- sometimes I reply to people's messages, not realizing it was sent to more people than just me. Thankfully I never said anything that would have embarrassed me).

billchase2
Jul 18, 2008, 09:52 AM
love the update!

mikelucas1
Jul 18, 2008, 10:33 AM
i can post on walls on the go now, yay! love the update!

sara123456
Jul 18, 2008, 11:05 AM
just need to be able to tag pics and then it will be fantastic

Rojo
Jul 18, 2008, 11:21 AM
just need to be able to tag pics and then it will be fantastic

Yep, that's another thing I wish it had. Minor, but would be nice.
Apparently the tags that a photo already has DO show up, if you press on a photo and hold it. There's little arrows on the names that pop up, which make you think it will take you to that person's profile -- but it doesn't. Not sure what those are for, but it's neat that tags at least show up.

Also, we've always been able to upload pics to our Mobile folder, but can we change our own profile pic yet from the iPhone app? If not, one more nice addition for the next update...

Still, very impressed with today's update!

zerotl
Jul 18, 2008, 12:35 PM
It took forever to install, but it's pretty cool, I might actually use my facebook account more. Seems more polished and about 100x better than the 1st revision.

ChrisN
Jul 18, 2008, 12:42 PM
That update amazing and i cant think of anything else i would want but thats just because i dont use it much.

ChrisN

Telp
Jul 18, 2008, 01:55 PM
Yep, that's another thing I wish it had. Minor, but would be nice.
Apparently the tags that a photo already has DO show up, if you press on a photo and hold it. There's little arrows on the names that pop up, which make you think it will take you to that person's profile -- but it doesn't. Not sure what those are for, but it's neat that tags at least show up.

Actually the tags do allow you to go to that persons profile. It is a little tricky, but as your holding down the picture, use a different finger to select the profile of one of the tagged people, and let go of it before you let go of the other finger which is showing you the tag. I think thats how you do it, but you really can go to that person profile, nicely done, although a little tricky.

itsm3cmg
Jul 18, 2008, 02:48 PM
With the chat on facebook you should be able to turn the IPT/IP sideways to open up the bigger keyoard.

Rojo
Jul 18, 2008, 03:06 PM
Actually the tags do allow you to go to that persons profile. It is a little tricky, but as your holding down the picture, use a different finger to select the profile of one of the tagged people, and let go of it before you let go of the other finger which is showing you the tag. I think thats how you do it, but you really can go to that person profile, nicely done, although a little tricky.

Oh man -- I had to try several times to get it to work, but yeah, I guess you're right. Hopefully they'll make this a little bit simpler, though!

B1gMac
Jul 18, 2008, 05:30 PM
I just went into iTunes and I saw a small update. Hopefully something new gets added!!!

ScottSFA
Jul 18, 2008, 05:35 PM
Finally got updates to work, just had to create a new Apple account (no more error 5002 now)...Facebook actually looks nice now, however its not quite up to par as the web app.

Sky Blue
Jul 18, 2008, 05:37 PM
I just went into iTunes and I saw a small update. Hopefully something new gets added!!!

um ... not suite sure how to say this ....

Telp
Jul 18, 2008, 05:39 PM

That is to say. You go to a thread, (atleast appropriatly titled) and you decided to let everyone aware of the update that was established post #1, and you as poster #70. Did you read any of the thread? Even maybe the first post, the reason the thread was created. And then maybe read about what was in the new thread? That's all. Atleast you didn't create a new thread altogether. :)

Sky Blue
Jul 18, 2008, 05:42 PM
That is to say. You go to a thread, (atleast appropriatly titled) and you decided to let everyone aware of the update that was established post #1, and you as poster #70. Did you read any of the thread? Even maybe the first post, the reason the thread was created. And then maybe read about what was in the new thread? That's all. Atleast you didn't create a new thread altogether. :)

To be fair, the update wasn't mentioned until post #57. There is a separate update thread.

Telp
Jul 18, 2008, 05:46 PM
To be fair, the update wasn't mentioned until post #57. There is a separate update thread.

Oh, well then my apologies. There was a seperate thread about the update though, right? Was I thinking of a different thread?

QCassidy352
Jul 18, 2008, 10:18 PM
I'm very happy with the update. They pretty much dealt with all of my concerns, and I've now switched over from the iphone web page to the app. It's pretty much all I'd want now.

saturniphone
Jul 18, 2008, 11:51 PM
I'm very happy with the update. They pretty much dealt with all of my concerns, and I've now switched over from the iphone web page to the app. It's pretty much all I'd want now.

I'm not sure I'm in love with the general layout (I don't like having to go down 7 menus and hit back 7 times to go all the way back up -- it's annoying), but functionally it does almost everything the web app does now. The one thing it's missing is that the home tab still only display statuses and a few random things like photo tags. It still needs things like showing recent wall posts your friends made on other friend's walls. Minor point, but it's still missing and something I think I'll continue using the web app for.

Pippen Man
Jul 19, 2008, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure I'm in love with the general layout (I don't like having to go down 7 menus and hit back 7 times to go all the way back up -- it's annoying), but functionally it does almost everything the web app does now. The one thing it's missing is that the home tab still only display statuses and a few random things like photo tags. It still needs things like showing recent wall posts your friends made on other friend's walls. Minor point, but it's still missing and something I think I'll continue using the web app for.

You know, if your deep into a menu (lets say Home,) just retouch the Home button again and it will bring you to the main page again. Just a little trick ;)

joekix
Jul 19, 2008, 12:31 AM
is there away to add a caption to the photos you upload through the facebook app?

Jeonat
Jul 19, 2008, 12:53 AM
Hi

Does anyone know the answer to this? I can get Facebook to work over WiFi but not EDGE/GPRS on O2-UK. It just times out. Now I'm guessing that it's using a non-standard port that O2 have blocked but I have no way of finding out easily! Does anyone know if this is the case?

I can get to the web app fine, it's just a bit annoying!

Rojo
Jul 19, 2008, 01:20 AM
is there away to add a caption to the photos you upload through the facebook app?

I don't think you can add a caption, but you can make a comment.

Telp
Jul 19, 2008, 01:31 AM
I don't think you can add a caption, but you can make a comment.

Which is something i missed about the web app, and am glad to see. It should be easy enough for them to inclue a tagging system.

sassenach74
Jul 19, 2008, 10:27 AM
Hi

Does anyone know the answer to this? I can get Facebook to work over WiFi but not EDGE/GPRS on O2-UK. It just times out. Now I'm guessing that it's using a non-standard port that O2 have blocked but I have no way of finding out easily! Does anyone know if this is the case?

It works for me on O2 over EDGE/GPRS, no idea why you can't, sorry :(

LixLev
Jul 19, 2008, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know if it will show if you have a 'friend request', 'event invitation' or a 'notification' like a wall post or something?

Rojo
Jul 19, 2008, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know if it will show if you have a 'friend request', 'event invitation' or a 'notification' like a wall post or something?

Nothing yet. More stuff for a future update, I hope. Even the MySpace app has friend request notification.... :o

ipedro
Jul 19, 2008, 05:59 PM
Forget Friend Request, how about adding a friend at all?

The most useful feature of having Facebook on my BlackBerry before I switched to iPhone was meeting people face to face and then adding them to Facebook right there.

I guess I can do it by going to the mobile Facebook site but it would be great to have it built into the app.

iLeoMarc
Jul 19, 2008, 06:19 PM
Forget Friend Request, how about adding a friend at all?

The most useful feature of having Facebook on my BlackBerry before I switched to iPhone was meeting people face to face and then adding them to Facebook right there.

I guess I can do it by going to the mobile Facebook site but it would be great to have it built into the app.

The Facebook App Developer has said that they will continue to improve the application. I'm sure these other requested features and issues will be added into future updates. The people at Facebook has been pretty responsive of criticisms of their early releases.

The Ray
Jul 19, 2008, 06:51 PM
Every time I use this to log on, something pops up on the mini-feed saying that I've installed the "Facebook for iPhone application". Am I the only one?

ScottSFA
Jul 19, 2008, 07:27 PM
Only did it the first time I installed the program.

berkleeboy210
Jul 19, 2008, 08:29 PM
Every time I use this to log on, something pops up on the mini-feed saying that I've installed the "Facebook for iPhone application". Am I the only one?

No your not happens to me all the time, I posted a separate thread about this, earlier this morning. Do a search for Facebook App Quirk or something like that.

No one seems to have any answers yet. But it's VERY annoying!

jakeacc
Jul 20, 2008, 01:21 AM
Facebook, by far has always had the best, well-designed web-app (aka iPhone formatted website) for social networks. Not even a week since the App Store has bee released, and the Facebook App has done a very impressive job. Just imagine that what this App will be capable of doing in 3 months. I'm betting that after they've created an iPhone App that can do EVERYTHING that the regular website can do, it will start creating features that you can ONLY do on the iPhone. (i.e. find facebook friends that are currently in your location via GPS/Google Maps)

Project
Jul 20, 2008, 02:41 AM
Facebook, by far has always had the best, well-designed web-app (aka iPhone formatted website) for social networks. Not even a week since the App Store has bee released, and the Facebook App has done a very impressive job. Just imagine that what this App will be capable of doing in 3 months. I'm betting that after they've created an iPhone App that can do EVERYTHING that the regular website can do, it will start creating features that you can ONLY do on the iPhone. (i.e. find facebook friends that are currently in your location via GPS/Google Maps)

They already confirmed they are working on location stuff. It would be fantastic.

Me1000
Jul 20, 2008, 01:06 PM
Joe Hewit confirmed there would be some interface revamps which will make the app much more usable!

Scairy Mairy
Aug 20, 2008, 08:10 AM
Hi

I'm having the same problem on my 2G iPhone: fine on WiFi, but nothing on EDGE/GPRS on O2-UK PAYG. Safari works fine and so does the web-app.

would like it to work for the improved photos, any help appreciated