PDA

View Full Version : A quick, most likely stupid, question.

Sumtime19
Jul 11, 2008, 07:24 AM
If you're buying the iPhone for the unsubsidized price, is it 400 and 500 UP FRONT? Or do you pay the extra $200 as part of the monthly bill? A quick answer would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Move this thread please, wrong section.

Tallest Skil
Jul 11, 2008, 07:25 AM
If it's unsubsidized, how is there a monthly bill?! You pay it all right away.

Sumtime19
Jul 11, 2008, 07:28 AM
I guess we can discuss it here.. even though it's in the wrong section. Sorry.

Well I'm not upgrade eligible so aren't i required to buy the unsubsidized? I'm confused now *sigh*.

Alan Taylor
Jul 11, 2008, 08:38 AM
JESUS! Twice the price???

Sumtime19
Jul 11, 2008, 08:44 AM
JESUS! Twice the price???

Whoa buddy you're way out of line here. I calmly accept the fact that I have to pay an extra $200 for the unsubsidized price. Go troll somewhere else.

I'm asking about the process and the aftermath.

pagansoul
Jul 11, 2008, 08:53 AM
I have not seen it posted anywhere but I would think the 3G would be an additional $200 to the AT&T price. If you don't need 3G (not many places in the US have 3G outside of the big cities) it would be better for you to buy the previous iphone for about $200-300 and jailbreak it to work with your phone company. I've seen T-moble iphones but I think you loose some of the abilities.

Sumtime19
Jul 11, 2008, 09:06 AM
I'm on att..

I just want to know can I buy the unsubsidized and it'll be treated like buying a normal subsidized iPhone except for the extra $200, and it won't be all complicated and whatnot.

Also, if you pay the extra $200 upfront or overtime.

dccorona
Jul 11, 2008, 10:58 PM
I'm on att..

I just want to know can I buy the unsubsidized and it'll be treated like buying a normal subsidized iPhone except for the extra $200, and it won't be all complicated and whatnot.

Also, if you pay the extra $200 upfront or overtime.

probably too late
but you pay it all up front
not on your cell bill
otherwise, how could the government tax you for it?