PDA

View Full Version : Using Gmail to forward to your MobileMe?

dissdnt
Jul 11, 2008, 01:39 PM
So this might have been discussed but since there's a new section I figure I'd start it up.

Is there anyway to have Gmail pull your email and then automatically forward it to your MobileMe. Mobileme filtering it to a specific folder and then you got PUSH on any email account?

Peabody
Jul 11, 2008, 01:42 PM
So this might have been discussed but since there's a new section I figure I'd start it up.

Is there anyway to have Gmail pull your email and then automatically forward it to your MobileMe. Mobileme filtering it to a specific folder and then you got PUSH on any email account?

Yes. Setup a filter in Gmail that the mail contains the text "in:inbox", have it skip the inbox (wierd I know). The forward is instant and then when it gets to me.com it'll push as expected...

I've set it up with a combination of gmail and google hosted accounts and it's working fine.

LeeTom
Jul 11, 2008, 01:43 PM
but how about sending email from your mobileme account with an @gmail.com email address? possible?

GuillaumeB
Jul 11, 2008, 01:45 PM
I understand that the OP is looking for a way to make the message arrive in a particular foler of MobileMe, which is not possible

GuillaumeB
Jul 11, 2008, 01:46 PM
I understand that the OP is looking for a way to make the message arrive in a particular foler of MobileMe, which is not possible unless you leave your configure this mobileme account in Mail.app and create such a rule but you'll have to leave you computer turned on

Peabody
Jul 11, 2008, 01:46 PM
but how about sending email from your mobileme account with an @gmail.com email address? possible?

Yes, with Mail.app. Not with iPhone though...

Read Here... (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=509714)

dissdnt
Jul 11, 2008, 01:47 PM

Yah totally. You can just use the smtp.me.com outgoing server on any of your account, in theory :P

GuillaumeB
Jul 11, 2008, 01:47 PM

it is possible on the iPhone or on a mail client by provide different SMTP settings but not from the web interface

dissdnt
Jul 11, 2008, 01:53 PM
Well wait a minute. Now that me.com is working check this out

http://i36.tinypic.com/5x3p08.jpg

Seems like you can just add pops in there to pull email

AND

http://i35.tinypic.com/2dqsl1f.jpg

Set up aliases! well only me.com one :(

GuillaumeB
Jul 11, 2008, 02:17 PM
Yeh you cant use a personal domain or a gmail address for the expeditor on the webmail

dissdnt
Jul 11, 2008, 02:26 PM
I'm sure at some point they will let you make filters on me.com then it can just handle the email sorting from different accounts.

thepandamancan
Jul 11, 2008, 04:16 PM
Yes. Setup a filter in Gmail that the mail contains the text "in:inbox", have it skip the inbox (wierd I know). The forward is instant and then when it gets to me.com it'll push as expected...

I've set it up with a combination of gmail and google hosted accounts and it's working fine.

Is it really necessary to set up a filter? I did it just using the forwarding settings and then it allows you to archive the emails instead of going to the inbox.