PDA

View Full Version : Where's the share large file feature??

CaptSaltyJack
Jul 11, 2008, 05:11 PM
iDisk was supposed to have this feature where you can choose a file (on MobileMe web) and then share it with someone. When you click the file once there are two buttons "Share" and "Download," but I only see "Download." Is this feature not available yet??

RevK
Jul 11, 2008, 05:14 PM
iDisk was supposed to have this feature where you can choose a file (on MobileMe web) and then share it with someone. When you click the file once there are two buttons "Share" and "Download," but I only see "Download." Is this feature not available yet??

This feature is not available yet; but it will be. You'll notice while browsing around MobileMe that some features described during the Guided Tour are not yet available.

CaptSaltyJack
Jul 11, 2008, 05:20 PM
OK. Thanks man. MobileMe is still generally a bit quirky. I hope the kinks are worked out by next week.

Razeus
Jul 11, 2008, 06:21 PM
it would be an interesting way to share music.....

mca7
Jul 12, 2008, 09:25 AM
I know! I really hope they didn't take this feature away! I was already a .mac subscriber anyway and this was the only new feature I was looking forward to. I really hope they still implement it.

Kilamite
Jul 12, 2008, 09:59 AM
You can manually connect to your iDisk using Finder and upload files there. I've not tried uploading files to iDisk using the Me.com interface.

Trip.Tucker
Jan 5, 2009, 10:09 PM
it would be an interesting way to share music.....

Potentially litigious too.

queshy
Jan 8, 2009, 12:11 AM
"Coming soon: Email large files.
Soon a new feature in iDisk will make it simple to share files too big for email. iDisk will automatically send a message with a simple link. The recipient will just click the link to download the file." - Apple.com

Daveoc64
Jan 9, 2009, 08:58 AM
"Coming soon: Email large files.
Soon a new feature in iDisk will make it simple to share files too big for email. iDisk will automatically send a message with a simple link. The recipient will just click the link to download the file." - Apple.com

That's only been there since June!

queshy
Jan 9, 2009, 11:23 AM
That's only been there since June!

lol. really? fail then, on Apple's part. We've also been waiting since September for "push" on iPhone. Guess that will never happen either.