PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Me 1.1 update now on software update.

mamosley
Jul 12, 2008, 11:46 AM
Just ran software update and installed it.

mctheriot
Jul 12, 2008, 12:26 PM
I saw it and loaded it on my wifes computer last night - did update check on my computer this morning and it's not showing up! Anywhere I can down-load it directly?

Thanks!
Mark

tismfu
Jul 12, 2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I've been checking software update periodically over the past 48hrs. and have yet to see any MobileMe packages.

Rhosfelt
Jul 12, 2008, 12:32 PM
My iMac is all up to date, however the macbook does not even have the original MM update anyone in the same position? Or have any way for me to download the MM update because I can't find it anywhere.

I am Sampson
Jul 12, 2008, 12:35 PM
Its still not on mine :mad:

Cyclotrode
Jul 12, 2008, 12:40 PM
My iMac is all up to date, however the macbook does not even have the original MM update anyone in the same position? Or have any way for me to download the MM update because I can't find it anywhere.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=514598&page=7

Post #164 has the link to the update.

mctheriot
Jul 12, 2008, 12:45 PM
:D

Rhosfelt
Jul 12, 2008, 12:55 PM

Thanks for remembering/looking for that, Hopefully this will help with my syncing issues.

Reaperducer
Jul 12, 2008, 01:14 PM
http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/gallery/1209913465/gallery_1_65_18114.jpg (http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=969)

This just popped up on my screen. I guess .Me is finally ready to go. I haven't been able to do the upgrades via Software Update until now.

C'mon push data!

michaelsaxon
Jul 12, 2008, 01:16 PM
I gave up on the Software Update and used the manual link. Thanks!

All seems to be working well and I verified the push mail with my iPhone. Now to get working on my MBP!

WillJS
Jul 12, 2008, 01:42 PM

edtorious
Jul 12, 2008, 01:46 PM
finally! I just go it too! :D

Rhosfelt
Jul 12, 2008, 01:56 PM

Still is not showing up on my macbook. If you get the update, post the type of computer you have please. My iMac (white) Intel is all up to date, and pushing. However the blackbook 2.4GHz won't push to my iMac or MM, yet receives updates.

BufferOverflow
Jul 12, 2008, 02:00 PM
Cheers! Appearing in software update for me, installing and crossing fingers for the final piece of the push puzzle!

greenmymac
Jul 12, 2008, 02:00 PM
Still is not showing up on my macbook. If you get the update, post the type of computer you have please. My iMac (white) Intel is all up to date, and pushing. However the blackbook 2.4GHz won't push to my iMac or MM, yet receives updates.

I have to Macbooks one is update to date with both updates and the other on only has one update on it and not the new one

milk242
Jul 12, 2008, 02:07 PM
I had to click around in the .mac preference pane to get mobileme update to pop up.

michaelsaxon
Jul 12, 2008, 02:11 PM
My earlier reply was too hasty. Push email is working for me but not push contacts or calendars.

WillJS
Jul 12, 2008, 02:12 PM

I had to click around in the .mac preference pane to get mobileme update to pop up.

Try this. I have a White Macbook 2.0 GHz.

ViveLeLivre
Jul 12, 2008, 02:15 PM
I experience a varying amount of delay with calendar push, but it does work for me. Give it a few minutes.

Not that I'm suggesting that this is acceptable.

smfinlay
Jul 12, 2008, 02:16 PM
http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/gallery/1209913465/gallery_1_65_18114.jpg (http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=969)

This just popped up on my screen. I guess .Me is finally ready to go. I haven't been able to do the upgrades via Software Update until now.

C'mon push data!
Just now got the same thing! About time!

ben1969
Jul 12, 2008, 02:26 PM
Again, echoing (sp?) the comments of a few others here, I had the software update simply pop up in a dialog box after horsing around a bit on me.com using my browser (Safari). Manually going through Software Update did nothing. I got both my MacBook and iMac to work this way, so if you're not getting the update, go to your online me.com page and click around for a few minutes and you should get the update dialog box.

ps me.com seems a lot more repsonsive and (dare I say it?) normal. I've also got syncing working just fine (pushing my iCals to each other and my iPhone). Still can't seem to get push mail to work.

greenmymac
Jul 12, 2008, 02:27 PM
Again, echoing (sp?) the comments of a few others here, I had the software update simply pop up in a dialog box after horsing around a bit on me.com using my browser (Safari). Manually going through Software Update did nothing. I got both my MacBook and iMac to work this way, so if you're not getting the update, go to your online me.com page and click around for a few minutes and you should get the update dialog box.

ps me.com seems a lot more repsonsive and (dare I say it?) normal. I've also got syncing working just fine (pushing my iCals to each other and my iPhone). Still can't seem to get push mail to work.

I don't see how safari could force it to do it..... but ill try it out thanks!

Rhosfelt
Jul 12, 2008, 02:29 PM
Try this. I have a White Macbook 2.0 GHz.

I have been messing with my settings to get them to the way I wanted, and still nothing. I manually installed the .mac to MM update, and it didn't force the 1.1..

I am just wondering why not, it doesn't really make sense.

ben1969
Jul 12, 2008, 02:34 PM
Regarding getting Safari to "force" the update, I'm not sure at all how this works. I've never experienced such an idiosyncratic update before. I did, I think, also have .Mac prefs open, so maybe having that active triggered the update, not Safari. Very odd.

ps just read another thread in this sub-forum and it looks like its the .Mac pref pane -- if you haven't gotten the update, go to .Mac in system preferences and click on the account tab button (or off of it, onto another, and then back on to it). This should do the trick!

Vaphoron
Jul 12, 2008, 02:39 PM
Took long enough. It didn't show up at first so I signed out then back in and clicked around on the tabs in .Mac System Preferences and then it finally worked.

e.m.
Jul 12, 2008, 02:48 PM
so does this update finally allow push to/from Mac?

Push was working for me on my iPhone yesterday, but push mail has stopped working as of this morning.

James17
Jul 12, 2008, 02:55 PM
Just got that message there too.

ricosuave
Jul 12, 2008, 03:07 PM
Where is the sharing option in iDisk?

SlapMonkey
Jul 12, 2008, 03:21 PM
This seems to be Leopard only, is there not going to be a Tiger version (10.4.11 is listed on the Apple site as a minimum requirement.)

And no, I can't upgrade to Leopard before anyone asks...

Without the Tiger update, it seems I have to manually sync my iMac in order to get the data up to MobileMe online and then pushed to my iPhone (and for some reason, my subscribed calendars, such as Movie & DVD Releases, U.S. Holidays, etc. don't sync at all to MobileMe, only my Home and Work calendar.)

Any info or advice regarding this?

rontheancient
Jul 12, 2008, 04:21 PM
I know this maybe a stupid question, but what is the .1 for? Is there a difference between the updater from one a few days ago to 1.1?

According to System Profiler the MobileMe pref pane is version 5.1.

appleguy
Jul 12, 2008, 07:02 PM
anyone else having an issue.
I create a calendar event on my iPhone 3G(16GB White, which I love)
I see it come down in my calendar on my mac. I move it and it duplicates on the iphone and then reappears in the original location leaving the changed one as well..

jjk454ss
Jul 12, 2008, 07:13 PM

Thanks, that worked for me too.

appleguy
Jul 12, 2008, 07:24 PM
anyone else having an issue.
I create a calendar event on my iPhone 3G(16GB White, which I love)
I see it come down in my calendar on my mac. I move it and it duplicates on the iphone and then reappears in the original location leaving the changed one as well..

All working fine now. :-)
ok so when you set your MobileMe settings on your mac to sync automatically
how often does it check?? or does this come down from the magic cloud too?

StingerT125
Jul 12, 2008, 07:39 PM

This is the same for me. I kept checking Software Update but nothing was showing up. I checked Settings again and got the pop up about the update.

Turned it on and checked some contacts and appointments. Was a little slow but they did sync up!

genshi
Jul 12, 2008, 08:38 PM
This seems to be Leopard only, is there not going to be a Tiger version (10.4.11 is listed on the Apple site as a minimum requirement.)

And no, I can't upgrade to Leopard before anyone asks...

Without the Tiger update, it seems I have to manually sync my iMac in order to get the data up to MobileMe online and then pushed to my iPhone (and for some reason, my subscribed calendars, such as Movie & DVD Releases, U.S. Holidays, etc. don't sync at all to MobileMe, only my Home and Work calendar.)

Any info or advice regarding this?

I just found this on Apple's Knowledge Base, apparently MobileMe will still show up as .Mac in Tiger:

I have Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, can I still use MobileMe?
Most MobileMe features work with Tiger, but you must be running the latest version (currently version 10.4.11) and MobileMe features will still appear as .Mac. Some features, such as Back to My Mac, do require Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. For details about using Mail with MobileMe in Mac OS X 10.4.11, read this article.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1932

Hope that helps answer why Tiger won't be getting the update to change the .Mac Preference pane (but it will still sync to MobileME.)

danpat
Jul 12, 2008, 08:52 PM
No MM update in Aus yet. :confused:
Still getting "Your software is up to date."
Leopard MBP.

ctbritt
Jul 12, 2008, 09:25 PM
So far MobileMe 1.1 is not showing up in ASU. (The first one never did either; I had to download it manually.) My Apple TV has not yet shown any inclination to update itself. My wife's PowerBook has never seen any trace of an update.

I live in UAE. Does anyone have any idea if Apple delays its software updates for overseas customers? I've been having this problem for various updates for a while now.

tliszt
Jul 12, 2008, 09:31 PM
Is there a way to manually download the updater for Apple MobileMe v1.1?

I am still not getting it via Software Update.

greenmymac
Jul 12, 2008, 09:32 PM
Is there a way to manually download the updater for Apple MobileMe v1.1?

I am still not getting it via Software Update.

I have been looking but I cant find anything.........this is really frustrating

e.m.
Jul 12, 2008, 09:40 PM
I have been looking but I cant find anything.........this is really frustrating

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I applied the update, and it didn't really change anything except for the icon and updating mail to 3.4. All this doesn't matter because push from mac to the cloud isn't working at all. It's still sync like the .mac days. Hopefully they'll fix this soon, and hopefully by that time the update will be available for you guys.

So at the moment, you're not missing anything by not having the update.

I know how you guys feel though; the update didn't show up for me until this morning and it was driving me crazy.