PDA

View Full Version : 2.1 update changed the Podcast list?

sonictonic
Jul 12, 2008, 10:05 PM
Since the 2.1 update the list of Podcasts on my Apple TV no longer shows the description and show length on the left side when a podcast is selected. Now it just shows "1 episode" and no other info. What on earth was the point in getting rid of this info? Why would Apple do this?

I liked having that information there and I used it! :(

I sent feedback to Apple at http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html and if you guys feel the same please do the same!

Also, I have some listed that are now out of alphabetical order. How did this happen?

Btw, I only have "unwatched/unlistened" to podcasts being sync'd over, so the list isn't all that big.

Cheers!

trentiles
Jul 13, 2008, 08:37 AM
My podcast section didn't change with the update. I still have all the info on the left when selecting a podcast just like I did prior to the latest update.

sonictonic
Jul 13, 2008, 01:01 PM
Really? :confused:

HOW could it have changed with mine? :(

PS - The alphebetical issue was solved by going into another section, then back into Podcasts. :rolleyes: I dunno about this, seems like something is not as stable as the last firmware version.

sonictonic
Jul 14, 2008, 03:06 AM
Can anyone else verify this is supposed to be what happens?

I need to know if my update is corrupted or something. I am surprised I have not heard anyone else complaining about this. :confused:

sonictonic
Aug 10, 2008, 03:51 AM
Sorry to bump this up again after almost a month, but this is clearly a bug. I fully restored my Apple TV and still have the same problem. I know I cannot be the only one experiencing this. The one poster who replied in this thread perhaps didn't understand what I'm saying. The info still show up within a group of multiple podcasts of the same show, but if you only have one episode of many podcasts, the info is no longer displayed. I am also having a problem with the blue dots not showing new podcast episodes until I get out of the menu and back in.

This update is really frustrating me and I want to know why they have not addressed this yet. Is it because I am the only human being on the planet who cares? This is so frustrating! :mad: