Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
Since the 2.1 update the list of Podcasts on my Apple TV no longer shows the description and show length on the left side when a podcast is selected. Now it just shows "1 episode" and no other info. What on earth was the point in getting rid of this info? Why would Apple do this?

I liked having that information there and I used it! :(

I sent feedback to Apple at http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html and if you guys feel the same please do the same!

Also, I have some listed that are now out of alphabetical order. How did this happen?

Btw, I only have "unwatched/unlistened" to podcasts being sync'd over, so the list isn't all that big.

Cheers!

trentiles

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2008
Washington DC
My podcast section didn't change with the update. I still have all the info on the left when selecting a podcast just like I did prior to the latest update.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
Really? :confused:

HOW could it have changed with mine? :(

PS - The alphebetical issue was solved by going into another section, then back into Podcasts. :rolleyes: I dunno about this, seems like something is not as stable as the last firmware version.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
Can anyone else verify this is supposed to be what happens?

I need to know if my update is corrupted or something. I am surprised I have not heard anyone else complaining about this. :confused:

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
Sorry to bump this up again after almost a month, but this is clearly a bug. I fully restored my Apple TV and still have the same problem. I know I cannot be the only one experiencing this. The one poster who replied in this thread perhaps didn't understand what I'm saying. The info still show up within a group of multiple podcasts of the same show, but if you only have one episode of many podcasts, the info is no longer displayed. I am also having a problem with the blue dots not showing new podcast episodes until I get out of the menu and back in.

This update is really frustrating me and I want to know why they have not addressed this yet. Is it because I am the only human being on the planet who cares? This is so frustrating! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.