Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonamicdee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I am trying to import audio into my project in Final Cut express but once it's in and I play my video, there is no sound. I've tried importing about five different popular audio files, but still no luck. Any Ideas why I'm not getting any sound?

P.S. I'm pretty new to final cut, I used to use premier elements.

Thanks!

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Can you see the audio meters moving, but you just can't hear the audio? If that's the case go to the FCE Menu, View->External Video and make sure it is set to "off."

Lethal

jonamicdee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Thanks everybody but I had a friend stop by today and we figured it out. The audio converting software I used was bad and was not really converting my file to .aif. Thanks though!

MacTeen

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2008
Uhm, I have a question...

I have a problem with Final Cut Express 4. The video on the canvas is working fine, but the audio is totally broken. By broken, I mean like, the sound of a heart monitor in hospitals. I have checked my settings and they seem fine. Is there anything I've done wrong or did I miss something? Please help. Thanks!

bigbossbmb

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2004
Pasadena/Hollywood
That beeping means you need to render the audio (also indicated by a red line at the top of the timeline).

are the audio files 48khz 16-bit AIF or are there filters applied?

MacTeen

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2008
There are filters applied, yes. Every time that happens, the background will be blue and says "unrendered". I did the audio rendering awhile ago and the sound works perfectly well now, thanks. The only problem I have left is I can't put any effects because the warning shows up. Do I still have to keep rendering until this will disappear? How can I remove this? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.