PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Email Only accounts to family pack sub-accounts

applemax
Jul 13, 2008, 10:26 AM
Hi

I currently have an individual account and two email only accounts tied to it, all with @mac.com addresses.

I want to upgrade these all to a family pack membership. If I do this, will the accounts still have @mac.com addresses or will I be forced to use @me.com?

Thanks

applemax
Jul 13, 2008, 03:31 PM
anyone? :)

cuanurse
Jul 13, 2008, 03:44 PM
I don't know the answer to that but if I had to guess I would say that new email accounts would be @me.

applemax
Jul 13, 2008, 03:46 PM
I don't know the answer to that but if I had to guess I would say that new email accounts would be @me.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but this is a conversion of an existing account.

applemax
Jan 3, 2009, 06:58 PM
Does anyone know? :confused::)

applemax
May 27, 2009, 03:43 PM
..? Has anyone else had this scenario? :confused::)

davidg4781
May 31, 2009, 11:57 PM
Existing accounts that started out as @mac.com will be able to use @mac or @me....just depends which one you give out, both should work.

Marquito
Jun 1, 2009, 04:01 AM
I've converted two old email only accounts and they both remained @mac.com - so you should be fine.

applemax
Jun 1, 2009, 04:26 AM
I've converted two old email only accounts and they both remained @mac.com - so you should be fine.

To family sub accounts? Did you convert them before or after the MobileMe switchover? Thanks :D

Marquito
Jun 2, 2009, 03:37 AM
To family sub accounts? Did you convert them before or after the MobileMe switchover? Thanks :D

I converted them about two months ago and they were both converted to family pack sub accounts. One was an email only account linked to the master account - the other was an old @mac.com identity which I was surprised to find I was allowed to convert. I tried it just to see what would happen and it also retained the @mac.com address. Once converted, both accounts give the option of using mac.com or me.com - I set them both to .mac and have no problems with either.

So it would seem as long as the identities were registered BEFORE the me.com switchover they will retain their @mac.com functionality when converted.

applemax
Jun 5, 2009, 08:55 AM
I converted them about two months ago and they were both converted to family pack sub accounts. One was an email only account linked to the master account - the other was an old @mac.com identity which I was surprised to find I was allowed to convert. I tried it just to see what would happen and it also retained the @mac.com address. Once converted, both accounts give the option of using mac.com or me.com - I set them both to .mac and have no problems with either.

So it would seem as long as the identities were registered BEFORE the me.com switchover they will retain their @mac.com functionality when converted.

Thanks, I'll try it out :)