PDA

View Full Version : new MB and printer rebate question




wannabe07
Jul 18, 2008, 01:44 PM
I know there are a ton of posts on "to buy or not to buy" and I apologize in advance for bringing the topic up again. But I have a related question that maybe some of you could answer.

The $100 printer rebate expires this Monday, which coincidentally, is right before a Tuesday. ;) It seems somewhat logical, given the recent rumors, that a new MB might be announced on Tuesday. Here's my question: if I were to buy a MB and printer on Monday, not open either until Tuesday, and a new MB was introduced on Tuesday, could I exchange the unopened old MB for a new one and still qualify for the printer rebate?

I really want a new printer to go with my new MB, so I'm motivated to try and get it if I can. If a new MB isn't introduced on Tuesday, I'll be just fine keeping the current version. I've read the terms and conditions of the printer rebate, and I can't be sure if my rebate would get kicked back if I were to exchange the MB after the 21st. I'm thinking I might wait to buy until this Monday, just in case. Then if nothing in announced, I'll just open it and enjoy. What do you all think?



DeaconGraves
Jul 18, 2008, 01:50 PM
If you buy Monday you've got 14 days to return and exchange.

I think if you don't open it you'll also avoid the 10% restocking fee, but I might be wrong.