Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 22, 2005
Has anyone figured out a solution to the problem where a submitted application is stuck on Waiting For Upload even after the Application Loader said it was successful?

I was trying to submit a new app today, but the website kept screwing up and wouldn't let me submit my app's binary correctly (but gave no actual error). So I used the App Loader and I had the problem I described above.

I even went so far as to install XCode and all my certificates/provisions on a virgin laptop following Apple's instructions precisely and tried to submit that binary, again with no luck.

TripleJ

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Are you using firefox by any chance? I had the same problem and wanted to use the app loader, but for some reason whenever i try to download it from the itunes connect site, it'll only download 15mb, then claim the download is complete but corrupted. Anyhow, the website upload didn't work in firefox for me, but safari managed without a hitch. I'm guessing apple's servers are under heavy pressure :)

RossOliver

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
How did you do this in the end? I just got a rejection message saying to re-upload, so I clicked the link then closed the window while I re-packaged and zipped... now when I go back to it the link is gone :confused:

I've uploaded with the application loader but I'm still stuck on 'waiting for upload' even after it said it was successful...

What a nightmare!

-Ross

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
How did you do this in the end? I just got a rejection message saying to re-upload, so I clicked the link then closed the window while I re-packaged and zipped... now when I go back to it the link is gone :confused:

I've uploaded with the application loader but I'm still stuck on 'waiting for upload' even after it said it was successful...

What a nightmare!

-Ross
Send an email to Apple's technical support. They made a change on the back end that allowed me to use a couple special App ID's that I had created prior to the change to the wildcard format.

RossOliver

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
Send an email to Apple's technical support. They made a change on the back end that allowed me to use a couple special App ID's that I had created prior to the change to the wildcard format.

Ah right, well I just received the email from apple saying my application was rejected (3 days after it was actually rejected on iTunes Connect) and I finally managed to download application loader again to give it another try and it seems to have worked... my application is back 'In Review', sigh...

How long did it take after you resubmitted for yours to get approved?

-Ross

TripleJ

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
I'm now having the same problem as well. Uploaded the app through the app loader and got a message saying it was successful, but itunes-connect still says waiting for upload. Do i need to give it a few hours to change status or should I write apple and ask for help?

RossOliver

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
I'm now having the same problem as well. Uploaded the app through the app loader and got a message saying it was successful, but itunes-connect still says waiting for upload. Do i need to give it a few hours to change status or should I write apple and ask for help?

Mine only seemed to work after I got the email saying my app was rejected... have you recieved that yet? All attempts before then said it was successfull but didn't update in ITC. After I got the email and tried it updated in a matter of minutes...

-Ross

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.