PDA

View Full Version : Refurbed AirPort Express with Wireless N??

WVUAppleSeed
Jul 22, 2008, 02:25 AM
Hey can someone help me here. I was browsing the refurb site on Apple.com, and noticed that you can now get the Airport Express base station with Wireless N...

I thought that was the whole point of the upgrade to Airport Extreme? I'm confused. Check out this link and let me know what y'all think.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB321LL/A

Eidorian
Jul 22, 2008, 02:46 AM
The Airport Extreme is much more the 802.11n. ;)

What about network drives and Ethernet ports?

techound1
Jul 22, 2008, 02:47 PM
The express does give you the "streaming itunes over wireless" thing. If you don't need the the extra ports, go for the express.

djbahdow01
Jul 22, 2008, 03:54 PM
Well like everyone else has said there are more options with the Extreme, USB HD connectivity, multiple ethernet ports. Just no streaming music. So to each its own pros and cons. I have both although the Express is the pre-n version, am thinking of jumping to the N version to move my whole wireless set up to N only.

WVUAppleSeed
Jul 22, 2008, 08:07 PM
Well like everyone else has said there are more options with the Extreme, USB HD connectivity, multiple ethernet ports. Just no streaming music. So to each its own pros and cons. I have both although the Express is the pre-n version, am thinking of jumping to the N version to move my whole wireless set up to N only.

What I am saying is that the link I provided shows the EXPRESS with WIRELESS N, and as you said the Express has always been pre-N. Thoughts?

dibara2003
Jul 22, 2008, 08:14 PM
What I am saying is that the link I provided shows the EXPRESS with WIRELESS N, and as you said the Express has always been pre-N. Thoughts?

the express has been n for a couple months so far. they just recently started to show up refurbed. some times you can see both n and pre-n on the refurbed site

WVUAppleSeed
Jul 22, 2008, 08:26 PM
the express has been n for a couple months so far. they just recently started to show up refurbed. some times you can see both n and pre-n on the refurbed site

Awesome! Thank you...I was just making sure that this wasn't a fluke before I purchase it. I love Macfans :)

zainjetha
Jul 23, 2008, 07:00 AM
They dont last that long -- so keep buying refurbs every year or so.. sorry to be so negative but its true..

1tbMacIdiot
Jul 23, 2008, 09:52 PM
Anyone know if it supports 108Mbps (SuperG+) with Draytek Vigor VG2800VGN (which have draft 2.0 of 802.11n)

tnx,
Daz