PDA

View Full Version : Same song stops after 16 seconds on iPod, plays completely on iTunes

Deo
Jul 24, 2008, 05:19 AM
My iPod is a 3rd generation 8 GB one. Thanks in advance for any help!

xlii
Jul 24, 2008, 05:29 AM
Just a thought but maybe there is an error in the (mp3) file that itunes can correct and continue with but the ipod cannot correct and the song stops.

I once had a mp3 that mediaplayer could play but iTunes couldn't. So I converted the song to wma then back to mp3 and now iTunes could play the new mp3 file.

ergdegdeg
Jul 24, 2008, 05:29 AM
Hi,
I've had the exact same problem with one of my songs. It started with my 1. gen. shuffle when I still had windows. Then I got a nano and the problem persisted. Then I switched to Mac and reformatted the iPod - the problem persisted. I really have no clue what could be going on with this song.

I don't think that there's a solution. :o

scotty96LSC
Jul 24, 2008, 07:00 AM
I have a couple songs that do that as well. I have no idea why. I just re-downloaded the songs and that fixed them. Bad file I guess.

iknowyourider
Jul 24, 2008, 07:13 AM
I bought an album from itunes store and it plays fine on my computer. It skips a few songs when I try to play it on the ipod. I tried a couple different ipods. I contacted itunes and they refunded my money. I didn't want to try downloading it again because it's so hard to contact them again if it doesn't work.