PDA

View Full Version : Who owns an iPod Touch?

davidy
Jul 28, 2008, 08:51 PM
I think I already know the answer to this but I was wondering what gender is the primary owner of the iPod touch.

edit: This was supposed to be a poll but I don't know where the poll went. Maybe someone will stumble across it in cyberspace and respond to it.

alphaod
Jul 28, 2008, 08:57 PM
Yes.

scotty96LSC
Jul 28, 2008, 09:01 PM
I have one, but I think you may be surprised with your final tally -- if your poll returns from beyond the sun.

TuffLuffJimmy
Jul 28, 2008, 09:09 PM
I think I already know the answer to this but I was wondering what gender is the primary owner of the iPod touch.

edit: This was supposed to be a poll but I don't know where the poll went. Maybe someone will stumble across it in cyberspace and respond to it.

What gender? Why does it matter?

This is going to turn into one of those ridiculous threads about white iPhones being for girls.

*iPod nanos and classics are for girls, iPod touches are for men OMGLOLBBQ!!!!

iDAG
Jul 28, 2008, 09:25 PM
I'm a dude that has a on iPod touch. In fact, I'm typing this post from it right now. :cool:

JML42691
Jul 28, 2008, 09:27 PM
I'm a guy on a touch, but what point are you trying to make with this thread. I know of just as many girls with iPod touches as I do guys, I don't think that there is anything to be discovered here.

Drifte
Jul 28, 2008, 09:28 PM
I have a touch, and loving the remote application! oh, and im a guy...if that matters too.

SkyBell
Jul 28, 2008, 09:29 PM
I thinmk I would like an iPod Touch, but I can't justify the purchase of one.

Just to try and dampen the ground where the flames will start, the iPod touch is not a "manly" nor "girly" product, it's marketed to both genders. (or neither, depeding on how you look at it.)

Nickelz92
Jul 28, 2008, 09:33 PM
I'm a guy on a touch, but what point are you trying to make with this thread. I know of just as many girls with iPod touches as I do guys, I don't think that there is anything to be discovered here.

Same here, it doesn't matter what gender. I bought the touch b/c I researched all of the rumors before it came out and realized that if this actually came out, it'd be at the forefront of the iPod line for years to come (wouldn't be outdated easily).

flopticalcube
Jul 28, 2008, 09:38 PM
Results will be skewed as there are far more male members (pardon the pun) on this forum. As the others have said, the result would be pointless anyhow.

joebokeh
Jul 28, 2008, 09:43 PM
Nah what are you talkin about... We could jus add 15 to the girls side and it'll be fine...

Chundles
Jul 28, 2008, 09:48 PM
Not me!

Sent from my iPod touch.

fleshman03
Jul 28, 2008, 10:39 PM
Yup I got mine. Bought it with some College money back in September of 07. Ah those were the good times. I actually got one before the official release date. Remember when there were a few that were being sold because they came in early?

The GF and I took a road trip to Orlando (From Tampa) so I could give Apple my $400 before most people. I actually got the store to hold it for me because I was coming from so far.

Might get another one once they get up to 64+ gigs.

4DThinker
Jul 29, 2008, 06:10 AM
One male and one female Touch owner at my house. Latest family reunion found 4 other Touch owners, and all were females. Only student I've bumped into with a Touch was female. The men will have a classic or earlier Nano. The women will have Nanos or Shuffles. Men are more likely to find a forum related to their device. The women I know prefer to facebook, myspace, or share info via other social App.

Mikey-
Jul 29, 2008, 06:11 AM
Yup, I got one.

dotcomlarry
Jul 29, 2008, 06:16 AM
I have one too... and I'm male.

andybno1
Jul 29, 2008, 06:42 AM
I have a touch and I'm a guy and know of only one other person with a touch whos also a guy.

I have yet to bump into anyone with an iPod Touch or an iPhone, but saying that I remember seeing one girl (before I moved) who got on the bus with a touch.

cokids
Jul 29, 2008, 07:00 AM
Your question is the wrong one...of course, anyone responding to this question will be a Touch owner!! It's a touch board, after all!!

But I am female, if that really matters. Still working to get my Touch to do everything it's supposed to do....please read and respond to my podcast question.

Beth

Tragedies
Jul 29, 2008, 07:04 AM
I got one, and I'm a guy.

Interesting thread, but will be pointless in the end.

only
Jul 29, 2008, 07:05 AM
Naturally more guys will have one simply because the touch interface is such a relatively new concept and what is new in gadgets is usually cool to guys but simply too confusing for girls at first.

Gender parity among Touch ownership won't be equal until more guys show girls how to use one and be comfortable with it.

iOrlando
Jul 29, 2008, 07:13 AM
wait...girls use macrumors.com?

thebeesknees
Jul 29, 2008, 07:50 AM
I'm a guy, and one hundred percent of the people I know who own touches are guys. Then again, I only know two.. .

sushi
Jul 29, 2008, 07:54 AM
I'm a guy, and have a 32GB Touch.

dasikes
Jul 29, 2008, 08:04 AM
A proud, male owner of a 16GB iPod Touch ;)

dasikes
Jul 29, 2008, 08:12 AM
How do you make a poll? If anyone knows, I'd be curious to see how many folks on here have jailbroken, 1.1.4, 1.1.5, or 2.0.

Oh, or maybe even those of you with the SDK, 2.1

klb028
Jul 29, 2008, 10:44 AM
I don't have one at the moment (I'm a girl), but I have 3 close friends who have them - 2 girls and 1 boy. I think the iPod touch reaches out to both genders equally.

benflick
Jul 29, 2008, 10:46 AM
i am a guy. oh, and i'm 15

iMpathetic
Jul 29, 2008, 10:48 AM
Ha, I thought this was going to be a thread where EVERY SINGLE person with a touch just goes, "I do!"

I do!

davidy
Jul 29, 2008, 11:54 AM
What gender? Why does it matter?

It doesn't. I was just curious.
I'm a guy on a touch, but what point are you trying to make with this thread.
No point. I was just curious.

Results will be skewed as there are far more male members (pardon the pun) on this forum. As the others have said, the result would be pointless anyhow.
Pointless to you, maybe. But not to me and my curiosity.

Your question is the wrong one...of course, anyone responding to this question will be a Touch owner!! It's a touch board, after all!!

I didn't ask if you own a touch (not everyone posting here does have one). I asked what gender those who own one is.
Ha, I thought this was going to be a thread where EVERY SINGLE person with a touch just goes, "I do!"

I do!
You do what?

OK folks. Take a few steps back. If you don't like or agree with my question, just ignore it. You don't have to read anything into it; I was just trying to see if my assumption was right that most touch owners are male. It just seems that it's more a technological gadget than simply a music/video player. In general men tend toward technology, women toward function. The touch fits into both of those concepts, but I don't know if there are more men who are drawn to the technology than women who are drawn to the functionality.

MacBlackBook22
Jul 29, 2008, 01:56 PM
Well I am a gal and I have 2 ipod touches .. a 16 and 32GB. No iphone as the rates here in Canada are way to expensive for now. I don't like white apple stuff and only buy black versions of apple products. I read all the forums. I am not in the least afraid of tech stuff. All my family and friends come to me for advice on buying computers or home theater stuff and I end up installing it for them as well.
I don't think that younger girls these days are intimidated by technology and most would love to own a touch

pammyspyce
Jul 29, 2008, 06:30 PM
wait...girls use macrumors.com?

Haha!

I'm a girl and I have an iPod Touch. :)

Jelite
Aug 3, 2008, 07:45 AM
I think the touch is more suited to men as women are more likely to drop them in the sink whilst they're washing the dishes. \0/

.Andy
Aug 3, 2008, 07:51 AM
I'm a boy and I have one. And I love it dearly.

oacory
Aug 3, 2008, 08:20 AM
16 Gb touch...male