PDA

View Full Version : Recognizing Vista64?

MBX
Jul 29, 2008, 07:08 PM
Just bought a Mac Pro and tried to install Vista64 Ultimate. But after partitioning BootCamp won't recognize the Vista64 CD.

Any ideas?

kahine
Jul 29, 2008, 07:40 PM
Just bought a Mac Pro and tried to install Vista64 Ultimate. But after partitioning BootCamp won't recognize the Vista64 CD.

Any ideas?

Positive the DVD is ok ? Installed it on mine fine a couple times now

MBX
Jul 30, 2008, 01:44 PM
are you sure you're using the 64bit version?

and you put in the installation dvd and you could actually proceed to install vista64?

almostinsane
Jul 30, 2008, 03:43 PM
Does it have SP1 integrated? Only the original Vista disc will work.

dbam987
Jul 30, 2008, 04:00 PM
Didn't Apple release an update for the Boot Camp partition creation utility in Leopard? Or did they only update the drivers for Vista SP1?

almostinsane
Jul 30, 2008, 04:02 PM
Only the drivers. MS changed the version of the EFI loader in SP1 which isn't compatible with Leopard.

MBX
Jul 30, 2008, 04:49 PM
well i have the sp1 version

means i need to get the original one? and then update to sp1 through vista original install?

kahine
Jul 30, 2008, 07:53 PM

Not true - I use the integrated SP1 with Vista64 on our MSDN sub fine - 64 bit Business and Enterprise - just did it the other day

blownco
Jul 30, 2008, 08:12 PM
well i have the sp1 version

means i need to get the original one? and then update to sp1 through vista original install?

are you sure your giving the comp enough time to recognize it i know when i installed mine it took30 to 45 secs for the disc to show up on the desktop but it installed just fine.

MBX
Jul 30, 2008, 09:42 PM
yes i definitely have the disc loaded and gave it enough time to do so before i tried to proceed.

the same happens with xp64. however with the regular 32bit it works.

even holding down c-key in the beginning won't load the dvd, but works yet again with the xp cd.

so what's really the case? who can i believe? with sp1 or without?

well with sp1 as of now it doesn't work (if that's really the issue) so i guess i don't have many other options.

??

thanks

Infrared
Jul 31, 2008, 12:08 PM

If he's just bought a *new* Mac Pro (i.e., 2008 model), it should work.

At least, it did for me (SP1 integrated full retail disc).

sirnh
Jul 31, 2008, 02:40 PM
yes i definitely have the disc loaded and gave it enough time to do so before i tried to proceed.

the same happens with xp64. however with the regular 32bit it works.

even holding down c-key in the beginning won't load the dvd, but works yet again with the xp cd.

so what's really the case? who can i believe? with sp1 or without?

well with sp1 as of now it doesn't work (if that's really the issue) so i guess i don't have many other options.

??

thanks

Have you tried booting with the option key, then there you should see a Windows CD in the boot device selection?

MBX
Jul 31, 2008, 03:25 PM
Have you tried booting with the option key, then there you should see a Windows CD in the boot device selection?

I did that but the disk didn't show up.

I'm trying a new Vista CD soon (without the SP1) and will see what happens.