Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rball1979

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
Just successfully patched my ATV with ATVFlash and am pleased so far! I am however having trouble getting the USB enabled. I downloaded the DMG as per their Install document and transferred the DMG (not PKG) image into the Documents folder on the ATV via Transmit. When I try and Smart Install it says that the image is missing when it is definately there!! I've tried sending it over, deleting it and sending it over again and it still cant find it! Any ideas?

I have definately copied the DMG image and not the PKG file.

I've posted on the ATVFlash forum but no response as yet.

Anyone else had this issue?

ayale99

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2007
I just installed 3.2 last night. I dropped the .dmg into documents, ran the smart install, and it all worked fine. However, I still can't get the Flash plugin to work even though I've tried over and over again. Problems like these are maddening sometimes.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but good luck.

rball1979

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
I just installed 3.2 last night. I dropped the .dmg into documents, ran the smart install, and it all worked fine. However, I still can't get the Flash plugin to work even though I've tried over and over again. Problems like these are maddening sometimes.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but good luck.

Did you just simply drag the DMG from your desktop into the Docs folder?

ayale99

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2007
Did you just simply drag the DMG from your desktop into the Docs folder?

I did. Just dragged it over using CyberDuck, ran the smart installer, done. Maybe you could try using CyberDuck instead of Transmit. Also check your permissions for the DMG. They may be locked.

Now if I can get Flash to work, I'll be in business. I'm encountering the same problem as you. I put the files in their respective folders and nothing happens.

rball1979

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
I did. Just dragged it over using CyberDuck, ran the smart installer, done. Maybe you could try using CyberDuck instead of Transmit. Also check your permissions for the DMG. They may be locked.

Now if I can get Flash to work, I'll be in business. I'm encountering the same problem as you. I put the files in their respective folders and nothing happens.

How do I check the permissions...(I'm a recent PC switcher! ;))

Is it definately the Mac OS X 10.4.9 Combined Update (Intel).dmg?

ayale99

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2007
How do I check the permissions...(I'm a recent PC switcher! ;))

Is it definitely the Mac OS X 10.4.9 Combined Update (Intel).dmg?

When you're in CyberDuck or Transmit, do a right click on the DMG file. A window will pop up with 9 check boxes labled: read, write, execute. Check them all off.

Yes, it is Mac OS X 10.4.9 Update. Maybe try re-downloading it?

rball1979

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
When you're in CyberDuck or Transmit, do a right click on the DMG file. A window will pop up with 9 check boxes labled: read, write, execute. Check them all off.

Yes, it is Mac OS X 10.4.9 Update. Maybe try re-downloading it?

Tried it a few times and still nothing...very confused!!

mrgreeneyes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2007
Gatineau,Canada
Just successfully patched my ATV with ATVFlash and am pleased so far! I am however having trouble getting the USB enabled. I downloaded the DMG as per their Install document and transferred the DMG (not PKG) image into the Documents folder on the ATV via Transmit. When I try and Smart Install it says that the image is missing when it is definately there!! I've tried sending it over, deleting it and sending it over again and it still cant find it! Any ideas?

I have definately copied the DMG image and not the PKG file.

I've posted on the ATVFlash forum but no response as yet.

Anyone else had this issue?

i have atv flash 3.2, and installed it to a thumb stick, now what do i do?
i have a feeling i am suppose to do something else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.