Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
What, no posts about the new micro 4/3 mount from Oly and Pannasonic?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0808/08080501microfourthirds.asp

I would have thought the Olympus fans would be very excited about this. I have to say I'm a little excited. The idea of a rangefinder style very small camera and a couple pancake primes sounds really really cool. Especially if it's smaller than a Leica and more importantly not priced like a Leica.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I was going to and I agree I think it will be great and I would love a digital rangefinder with auto focusing and the range of lenses offered by the four thirds standard. Smaller and faster lens are welcome.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
Very interesting. If it can push out images of similar quality to conventional dSLRs, I can see it becoming very popular. If the cost isn't going to be terrible, I'd love to get my hands on one for music festivals. Security will never find it :D

tony-in-japan

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
Saitama, Japan
To the OP...

yes, sorry, I noticed your thread, but I don’t think many readers will know about the title: Micro 4/3 Mount.

I felt what Phil Askey wrote would be more interesting for people who know nothing about Olympus terminology. And it certainly is ‘exciting news’.

I wonder if it is possible to combine the two threads?

Regards,
Tony

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.